Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin will "walk away" if Bengals win SB
So we're never getting rid of him. Awesome.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if there's any way we could write in a walk away after one more 1 and done clause ??
Reply/Quote
Let's pause a moment...

When the front office hired Marvin Lewis as head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals, this team was mired in a cesspool of negativity.
This man turned around the entire program. No more players just showing up for a paycheck. No more inmates running the asylum.
He has built a below average team into an "elite" team.

Now, I know, I get it, there are some out there that get annoyed by playoff losses, percieved weaknesses of the coaching staff, some even STILL jump on the bandwagon of "MB is cheap".

Isn't Marvin the best coach we have ever had???

Reply/Quote
[Image: images-1_zps86c712b7-1.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that didn't take as he would walk away from the team? The way it reads to me is he would just hand Mike the trophy, not say a word and walk away.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 11:40 PM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Let's pause a moment...

When the front office hired Marvin Lewis as head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals, this team was mired in a cesspool of negativity.
This man turned around the entire program. No more players just showing up for a paycheck. No more inmates running the asylum.

Now, I know, I get it, there are some out there that get annoyed by playoff losses, percieved weaknesses of the coaching staff, some even STILL jump on the bandwagon of "MB is cheap".

I'd go with Bill Walsh as best ever......but that Brown ego let him go elsewhere.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 11:40 PM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Let's pause a moment...

I heard that guy they named Paul Brown Stadium after was a pretty good coach.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 12:16 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I heard that guy they named Paul Brown Stadium after was a pretty good coach.

Yeah......him too.......and maybe either of those guys who actually won a Conference Championship and made it to the big show

Reply/Quote
With his coaching skills i'd say it's more likely pallbearers carry him away.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
So what he's saying is he wants to be a HC forever? Shocking.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he's either kissing MB's ass, or he's saying, I'm trying to do the impossible and win a title with this dude as owner and that's my legacy, that's it, if I pull that off, nuff said.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:15 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Sounds like he's either kissing MB's ass, or he's saying, I'm trying to do the impossible and win a title with this dude as owner and that's my legacy, that's it, if I pull that off, nuff said.

Savage!!!!!!  Glad ya made it! Good to see ya.....welcome aboard!

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Savage!!!!!!  Glad ya made it! Good to see ya.....welcome aboard!

I wouldn't go so far as to say I've made it.  When I do, you'll never see me again lol.  But tyvm buddy, appreciate it.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Savage!!!!!!  Glad ya made it! Good to see ya.....welcome aboard!

Yep!!  Good to see another one of the good guys from the old board make it over here. ThumbsUp
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:54 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I wouldn't go so far as to say I've made it.  When I do, you'll never see me again lol.  But tyvm buddy, appreciate it.

(07-30-2015, 03:32 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Yep!!  Good to see another one of the good guys from the old board make it over here. ThumbsUp

Indeed.....

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 11:51 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Daugherty/Cincinnati.com

Marvin Lewis has a vision involving the Super Bowl, Mike Brown, a trophy presentation and a stroll into the sunset. In that order. Lewis doesn’t say it will happen this year. He doesn’t say it won’t. He does say he’s not joking about the sunset.

“I want to hand Mike the trophy, then just walk away,’’ the Bengals coach declared at the team’s annual Weenie Roast And Mock Turtle Soupfest, also known as the pre-training camp media day.

Easier said than done, on all counts. Lewis swears he could walk away. Brown and Lewis swear that this could be the Bengals' year.

“We’re a pretty good team. I think we can give a good account of ourselves,’’ Brown said, in his formal and delicate way. No one else speaks quite like Mike. When someone asked him about the Bengals playoff drought, Brown said, “We haven’t driven the nail home. It doesn’t please me.’’

Lewis made it simpler: “We’re good enough, but we have to play good enough.’’

Full Article
If he did walk away, I think Vance Joseph would get the coaching job.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 12:21 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, I guess that would motivate any of the team that doesn't like him (which I think most of his players do, but I'm making a bad joke, so don't get too whiny):

"Hey guys, win and you never have to see me again."

He has always said his goal was to get mike brown the trophy.

so lets say he succeeds this year and retires. Who would we want to replace him in 2016?
Reply/Quote
It's like saying that God will leave the universe if we can invent a square triangle.
Reply/Quote
So I guess there will be no Bengals HC job opening until he dies.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He has always said his goal was to get mike brown the trophy.

so lets say he succeeds this year and retires.   Who would we want to replace him in 2016?

We do the first coaching trade in the NFL since 2002 and trade for Mike Zimmer.

Reply/Quote