Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon hits the injury report
(11-15-2018, 05:37 PM)pally Wrote: It happens to other teams every season we just pay attention to the Bengals. This year we've had 5 ACL/knee + the short term knee injuries to Gio and Mixon  that's unusually high. This season Atlanta has been devastated in the DB group.  Washington has 13 players on IR which doesn't include those niggling injuries.  NE also has 13 on IR including projected regulars Hill and Burkhead plus 3 WRs.  Baltimore is beat up on the OL.  Its the nature of the game.  

This.

Injuries are not the teams fault.  We just don't notice the injuries to other teams.  Players get bigger and faster every year, but bones, muscles, and conective tissue don't get any more durable.

Every year hundreds on NFL players suffer terrible injuries.  And at the same time fat dudes sitting at their computer desks complain about the "pussification" of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 09:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Injuries are not the teams fault.  We just don't notice the injuries to other teams.  Players get bigger and faster every year, but bones, muscles, and conective tissue don't get any more durable.

Every year hundreds on NFL players suffer terrible injuries.  And at the same time fat dudes sitting at their computer desks complain about the "pussification" of the NFL.

Actual NFL players have been complaining about the "pussification of the NFL" for quite a few years now.. especially on defense. I could make a argument this pussification leads to more injuries. 

These players think the rules will protect them but the game is too chaotic and they aren't mentally prepared and they get hurt.  It isn't that different than say, a drill sergeant telling his men that everything will be OK and not preparing them for the harsh reality of war thus leading them to a slaughter.

Before all these rule changes players were prepared to take any hit - legal or illegal. For Gods sake we have a player on our team that gets ripped for playing too rough even when he is playing clean.

Reply/Quote
Brandon Bell hasn't looked too shabby since he had snaps against Baltimore last year. I was surprised that he didn't make the roster over Nickerson this year. 
Reply/Quote
Well this is freakin' depressing.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This just gives us more of an excuse to force the ball to Ross and Tate.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: He has a knee injury that must have occurred in yesterday's practice.  Other than that the report still looks bad.  With 4 linebackers hurt do we call up Chris Worley or Brandon Bell from the PS or do we play really really thin at that position.  I guess we will know more tomorrow.

WTH Pittsburg has the men of steel and we have the men of glass.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 11:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: WTH Pittsburg has the men of steel and we have the men of glass.

You have a short memory. Ryan Shazier had a career ending injury just last year. Burfict himself has taken Bell and Brown out of games. Ben missed like a quarter of a season a couple years ago. That’s just off the top of my head.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have a short memory. Ryan Shazier had a career ending injury just last year. Burfict himself has taken Bell and Brown out of games. Ben missed like a quarter of a season a couple years ago. That’s just off the top of my head.

But but but...isn't he (Vontez the KILLER) the single dirtiest player in the entire history of human beings ever engaging in sports for fun or profit and should be banned from ever do much as exercising? Personally I like having Vontez the KILLER on our team..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Mixon is participating in Friday's walk-through

Green, Vigil, and Brown all on rehab field.

They will play Green even without a practice if he can go on Sunday. I suspect they would do they same with Brown simply because of the thin ranks at LB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 01:12 PM)pally Wrote: Mixon is participating in Friday's walk-through

Green, Vigil, and Brown all on rehab field.

They will play Green even without a practice if he can go on Sunday.  I suspect they would do they same with Brown simply because of the thin ranks at LB

'bout time you gave us some good news! Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: If Malik Jefferson can't find the field while we are this depleted that is not a good endorsement of him as a pick.

This. What's the deal with this guy anyway. Heard nothing on him, evenin pre season.
Reply/Quote