Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Foster release
Given how shoddy our LB corps is, I wonder if we'll give him a look. Solid player.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 01:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Given how shoddy our LB corps is, I wonder if we'll give him a look. Solid player.

we already have brown Inside...  Could be good insurance for us at that spot.. Not sure if brown or Foster can play will or sam
Reply/Quote
Leading Redskins tackler. What do who guys think?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 04:13 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Leading Redskins tackler. What do who guys think?

Why was he released? Injury? Contract? Team chemistry?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Release for cap room. Saves 4 million to help get Trent Williams a new deal. I say sign him. Better than 5 if not 6 of our linebackers. Had 133 tackles last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 04:27 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Release for cap room. Saves 4 million to help get Trent Williams a new deal. I say sign him. Better than 5 if not 6 of our linebackers. Had 133 tackles last year.

He is certainly worth a look if cap casualty
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjL8bW75MvjAhVKSN8KHTMbBK0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fnfl%2Fstory%2F_%2Fid%2F27244242%2Fsource-skins-cut-leading-tackler-mason-foster&psig=AOvVaw0KzooqaFHepnYqTPVOwnoP&ust=1563996859991785
Reply/Quote
I think that he would definitely be a solid pick up, and the price should be right in line as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Do it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Can either He or Brown slide outside? is the question
Reply/Quote
also I know ive seen this thread before

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Redskins-Release-Mason-Foster-LB?pid=733333#pid733333
Reply/Quote
Members who frequent the draft forum may remember I loved Mason coming out of college. But dude is now 30. We have an equally good MIKE who is 4 years younger. I think folks are going to be pleasantly surprised seeing a healthy Preston brown play. And have high hopes for Vigil and a couple of the youngsters
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Can he play WILL?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Can he play WILL? We've seen a MIKE lb do it before (and do it well). We still need a starter at that spot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 04:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Can either He or Brown slide outside? is the question

[Image: tumblr_n0i2v9mchI1s14vnro1_250.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 05:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Can he play WILL? We've seen a MIKE lb do it before (and do it well). We still need a starter at that spot.

I think the better question is can Foster play SAM. We have numerous players that can play WILL, Pratt, Vigil, Evans etc.

BTW, I do think Pratt can play SAM so that is nice. Vigil hasn't been great at SAM when he has played there though.

I would be for Foster but I agree with Bfine that Preston might play well this year if he can stay healthy.

I would like Trent Williams the most if we go after a Redskin.
Reply/Quote
from the Washington Post

Foster was considered a solid tackler, but he was not as adept in pass coverage as the team would have liked. He lost some goodwill in the organization after a private message from his Instagram account saying “F--- this team and this fanbase” was released publicly along with some other messages that included homophobic language. Foster apologized for the messages and said his cousin had been given access to the account.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 05:41 PM)pally Wrote: from the Washington Post

Foster was considered a solid tackler, but he was not as adept in pass coverage as the team would have liked. He lost some goodwill in the organization after a private message from his Instagram account saying “F--- this team and this fanbase” was released publicly along with some other messages that included homophobic language. Foster apologized for the messages and said his cousin had been given access to the account.

The pass coverage issues are huge. Well that other stuff is a giant red flag too.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 04:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: also I know ive seen this thread before

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Redskins-Release-Mason-Foster-LB?pid=733333#pid733333

That's what I get for following these freaky ass rules
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
133 tackles. was a team captain. solid vet with plenty of tread left on the tires...sign him for camp. hes played at weak side before. 90% of his career however has been in the middle but bring the guy in. we need PROVEN contributors.
Reply/Quote