Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Rudolph qb1 Bengals.
Per rappaport we met/worked out Mason Rudolph... If we went Hernandez inThe first and he was there at 46? He's been my qb1 for months. I'd be jumping off the couch.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 01:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Per rappaport we met/worked out Mason Rudolph... If we went Hernandez inThe first and he was there at 46? He's been my qb1 for months. I'd be jumping off the couch.

Eh, i like Rudolph a lot i just don't think we would draft a QB until the mid rounds.

Plus if we went Hernandez and Rudolph with our first two picks who would be our Center and RT?

Ragnow, Rudolph, Tyrell Crosby would be much better in my eyes than Hernandez, Rudolph, Mason Cole.
Reply/Quote
If you are thinking Rudolph round 2 then the Bengals better take Ragnow or Price or Wynn round 1. Hernandez is great but can only play guard. Ragnow, Price, and Wynn can play Center and Guard.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we trade back in the 2nd or trade back into the 2nd from the 3rd I am for it, but under absolutely no circumstances do I take him in the 1st. I think he is going to take two years at least to be starter ready. His offense was built around a bunch of window dressing to make his reads and his arm strength is probably similar to Daltons.
Reply/Quote
I was shocked the bears like trubisky that much to trade up and get last year. Wouldnt be suprised if he goes before we pick
Reply/Quote
I’d consider him in the 3rd round. We have bigger needs than QB and should be focused on those. That said, he is talented and would be a great mid round pick if he falls. Seems like opinions vary greatly when it comes to him so he could end up in round 1 or round 4 depending how things fall.
Reply/Quote
NATI BENGALS Wrote:I was shocked the bears like trubisky that much to trade up and get last year. Wouldnt be suprised if he goes before we pick

Yeah there is a good chance some of these QB's get "over" drafted. Some teams with new regimes could take youth so they aren't behind schedule in development. That could start a domino effect with the lack of depth for the mid round guys.  If you target a guy like White or Falk for the 5th, even they may be gone by then.  This is not the class that they had when AJ fell to them.  So the best value may be a guy like Litton sliding to the 6th or 7th.  He has the physical tools to fall back on, and if you develop him on the PS you may have something useful.  

It may not be ideal, but their likely scenario would be:
Dalton: Entrenched starter
Driskell: Shows enough in preseason after healing
Barkley: Sitting at home in case of an in-season injury
Litton: PS for the whole year
Reply/Quote
Now that we know Marvin/Dalton aren't going anywhere for at least two more years, I wouldn't touch a QB until round 3 at the absolute earliest. And even then I wouldn't be jumping up and down over it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 08:04 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Now that we know Marvin/Dalton aren't going anywhere for at least two more years, I wouldn't touch a QB until round 3 at the absolute earliest.  And even then I wouldn't be jumping up and down over it.

Yeah, i mean, i don't care if it is Mayfield who i personally think is the best QB in this Draft.

He won't be starting over Dalton anytime soon and picking Mayfield would take away our chances of winning now as the O-line
would not be improved in an extent to get us over the hump of a Playoff win. If we ignore Center we aren't going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i mean, i don't care if it is Mayfield who i personally think is the best QB in this Draft.

He won't be starting over Dalton anytime soon and picking Mayfield would take away our chances of winning now as the O-line
would not be improved in an extent to get us over the hump of a Playoff win. If we ignore Center we aren't going anywhere.
I agree, no QB will succeed if we don't make improvements on the O-line. I actually think 5 years from now, Rudolph will be regarded as the best QB to come out of this class though. Saying that though, I still wouldn't want him before Rd 4. Luke Falk might be worth a look also in Rd5.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 02:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree, no QB will succeed if we don't make improvements on the O-line. I actually think 5 years from now, Rudolph will be regarded as the best QB to come out of this class though. Saying that though, I still wouldn't want him before Rd 4. Luke Falk might be worth a look also in Rd5.

Rudolph could be, he is my 2nd favorite QB in this Draft behind Mayfield.

Doesn't mean i want us to pick either of them.

I would be fine with Falk in the 5th, but i still like what i saw from Driskel last year.
Reply/Quote
I was high on Rudolph last year and this season. My draft game has been lacking. How has he faired in the off season stuff? He's the hardest to mock. My eyes say 1st rounder but you don't see him in the pro's mocks too much.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 01:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Per rappaport we met/worked out Mason Rudolph... If we went Hernandez inThe first and he was there at 46? He's been my qb1 for months. I'd be jumping off the couch.

Our biggest needs are RT, C, and LB.  We desperately need C and LB, we absolutely cannot go through rounds #1 and #2 without grabbing at least 1 guy at those positions.  So you want us to go through the 1st 2 rounds and grab a couple of guys that arent needs.  Im all for BPA but I dont think either of those guys will be BPA at #21 and #46. I actually like Rudolph but any BIG12 QB just scares me to death being that they throw to wide open WR's all game. Its so easy to run up crazy stats in the BIG12, which makes them much tougher to project to the NFL. Cant remember a BIG12 QB working out in the NFL in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 10:17 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Our biggest needs are RT, C, and LB.  We desperately need C and LB, we absolutely cannot go through rounds #1 and #2 without grabbing at least 1 guy at those positions.  So you want us to go through the 1st 2 rounds and grab a couple of guys that arent needs.  Im all for BPA but I dont think either of those guys will be BPA at #21 and #46.  I actually like Rudolph but any BIG12 QB just scares me to death being that they throw to wide open WR's all game.  Its so easy to run up crazy stats in the BIG12, which makes them much tougher to project to the NFL.  Cant remember a BIG12 QB working out in the NFL in a long time.

I believe that guard is a bigger need than rt. And besides u can get a jamarco Jones type in the 3rd comp range. But will Hernandez is an all pro caliber. And then we can trade up into the second to get the last center, or go Cole in rd3.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 05:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I believe that guard is a bigger need than rt. And besides u can get a jamarco Jones type in the 3rd comp range. But will Hernandez is an all pro caliber. And then we can trade up into the second to get the last center, or go Cole in rd3.

100% agree on guard being a bigger need than RT our line currently looks like

LT - Glenn/Ogbuehi
LG - Boling/Redman
C - Johnson
RG - Hopkins/Westerman
RT - Hart/Fisher

Hart is still young and better than Fisher or Ogbuehi. I like 1 of the 4 guards on our roster and lord help us if we start Johnson this year
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 06:06 PM)BengalDawg Wrote: :paul:
100% agree on guard being a bigger need than RT our line currently looks like

LT - Glenn/Ogbuehi
LG - Boling/Redman
C - Johnson
RG - Hopkins/Westerman
RT - Hart/Fisher

Hart is still young and better than Fisher or Ogbuehi. I like 1 of the 4 guards on our roster and lord help us if we start Johnson this year
Yeah. I truly believe one center dosent go in rd1. So if we somehow ended up with Hernandez, price, a lber like Darius Leonard or Lorenzo Carter in the third and Jones in third comp that's be an a+grade
Reply/Quote

It could be a smoke screen for teams like Pats or Cards to worry about us taking him ahead of them
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 07:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It could be a smoke screen for teams like Pats or Cards to worry about us taking him ahead of them

Probably. But I think the pats go Lamar and Cardinals go loakutta 
Reply/Quote
The 2nd group of QBs (Jackson, Rudolph) will go in Round 1. Jackson probably in the teens and Rudulph goes 31 or 32 to a team that moves up to get him and secure the 5 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 10:17 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Our biggest needs are RT, C, and LB.  We desperately need C and LB, we absolutely cannot go through rounds #1 and #2 without grabbing at least 1 guy at those positions.  So you want us to go through the 1st 2 rounds and grab a couple of guys that arent needs.  Im all for BPA but I dont think either of those guys will be BPA at #21 and #46.  I actually like Rudolph but any BIG12 QB just scares me to death being that they throw to wide open WR's all game.  Its so easy to run up crazy stats in the BIG12, which makes them much tougher to project to the NFL.  Cant remember a BIG12 QB working out in the NFL in a long time.

I don't think the club sees RT as a need.  I think they feel Fisher is going to have a breakout year.  LB really isn't much of need with them either.  They play 2 LBs over 70% of the time.  Sure, Burfict is out for 4 games, but they signed Brown and have Vigil, Rey and Evans who they all like.
Reply/Quote