Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Rudolph starting for Pitt and other Pitt news
(12-18-2023, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: Kazee was leading the league in personal fouls and fine money

Definitely a good fit on the Steelers team.  If not them, the Ravens. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: Thank goodness. I guess the league figures a broken neck or paralysis is bad for their image, even if it's a Pittsburgh player doing the hitting.

Surprised it happened right before our game. Coulda seen him taking one of our guys out for the year then getting suspended. At least this is one less dirty steeler to take out whoever we have left heathy on our team after last week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just hope Mason doesn't call anyone the N-Word
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Steelers Culture.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Bengals SHOULD win regardless of who the Steelers start but something about this team always gives the Bengals a fight. Since 2020, we're 4-3 against them with the last 3 all being within 1 score. Their only 400 yard game since September 2020 was against us, after all.

that is better record than we have against the browns , we are 1-6 same timeline
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Wow. That was bad and I'm not even saying this because we are playing them but he should 100% be suspended. 

He could have killed that man.  He has had repeated warnings. He shouldn't play again... EVER!.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny Pickett has a decent game last against us, threw for 278 no tds but no ints either.. we held Warren and Pickens in check but Harris and Freiermuth we did not.

Well, I'm sure the Vikings watched how Pittsburgh used their TE and did the same against us.  Now Pittsburgh is watching how the Vikings use their TE over the middle and on drag routes to give us fits.  Expect the Steelers to run and use intermediate passes to the TE to give us fits and give Mason Rudolph a chance.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 04:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: that is better record than we have against the browns , we are 1-6 same timeline

Well yea, the Browns own our ass. We're going to have to beat that trend if we want to make the playoffs this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:19 PM)pally Wrote: Mason Rudolph will start against the Bengals.  He didn't look any better against the Colts than Trubinsky did.

edit: starting safety Domontae Kazee has been suspended for the remainder of the 2023 season including playoffs for repeated violations of player safety rules.  The other safety Minkah Fitzpatrick left the Colts game with a knee injury.  They are really really thin in the DB

The problem for us is they still have T.J. Watt playing.  He is leading the NFL in sacks and our offense always struggles against elite pass rushers.  Pittsburgh could have a bunch of 3rd stringers and guys off the street playing in their secondary but if they have just 1 elite pass rusher, it ruins our offense for whatever reason
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: Interesting. They lost 3 in a row and are not good. ...BUT they play us well.

They could field a division 3 college team and Id still be nervous.  Aside from 2021, this team always plays us tough
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 04:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The problem for us is they still have T.J. Watt playing.  He is leading the NFL in sacks and our offense always struggles against elite pass rushers.  Pittsburgh could have a bunch of 3rd stringers and guys off the street playing in their secondary but if they have just 1 elite pass rusher, it ruins our offense for whatever reason

No it doesn't: Danielle Hunter didn't do much against us: Browning walked into his sack.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 04:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As opposed to watered-down and thin?

I was scrolling down to see if anyone else noticed that.  Haha  
Reply/Quote
Who is going to be Blitzen Rudolph in the game on Christmas Eve Eve?

I agree with you... that's worthy of a banning. So , so sorry...
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:19 PM)pally Wrote: Mason Rudolph will start against the Bengals.  He didn't look any better against the Colts than Trubinsky did.

edit: starting safety Domontae Kazee has been suspended for the remainder of the 2023 season including playoffs for repeated violations of player safety rules.  The other safety Minkah Fitzpatrick left the Colts game with a knee injury.  They are really really thin in the DB

Rudolph with your nose so bright.  Won't you guide my sleigh tonight.  

Since back-up QB's give Bengals tough games, including that guy who stepped in for Vikings,  I will try to take Christmas Rudolph more serious. 

Like Vikings, Steelers have a Defense, so this will be a tough, hard Rival Game for Play-Offs.  

Bengals are 0-4 in AFC North games. If Bengals can't win an AFC North game, they don't belong in play-offs.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny Pickett has a decent game last against us, threw for 278 no tds but no ints either.. we held Warren and Pickens in check but Harris and Freiermuth we did not.

Steelers fans are on Freirmuth for dogging it, but he sure as hell didn't against the Bengals.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Gotta keep a cool head this week. Mason might start dropping the N word out there.
Reply/Quote
Rudolph The terrible QB, had a very average arm
And if you ever saw it, you knew it could cause no harm
All the other QBs used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Rudolph play in any meaningful Games
Then one early Christmas Eve Eve Tomlin came to say
Rudolph with your face so gay, won’t you lead our team today
Then how the Bengals loved him as they beat him 35 to none
Rudolph the Terrible QB, your career as a QB is done
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 06:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Steelers fans are on Freirmuth for dogging it, but he sure as hell didn't against the Bengals.

I didn't know about Freimuth. But George Pickens is getting savaged for giving zero effort on blocking for their RB and Dionte Johnson gave zero effort in tackling after a turnover. The team has been in disarray, but I'm sure they'll be motivated on Saturday against the Bengals and bring their A game.
Reply/Quote
Expecting dirty hits galore and an ugly game, but Browning in particular should play much better in this one with the Offense now
shifted to his game instead of Burrow's. We need to shut down the run game of the stool and get after Rudolph the red nosed stool.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expecting dirty hits galore and an ugly game, but Browning in particular should play much better in this one with the Offense now
shifted to his game instead of Burrow's. We need to shut down the run game of the stool and get after Rudolph the red nosed stool.
My game plan from another thread...

Run Chase Brown to the left a lot and continue to hit our TE's over the middle. That will pull their depleted safety group up, allowing us to hit an occasional big one. The main thing we'll need to do is find Freiermuth a damned babysitter.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote