Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason rudoph qb1
Monthly reminder
Reply/Quote
I actually agree, I think he will turn out to be the best QB in this class.
Reply/Quote
Coming from a "scout",

Will take this as gospel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I agree, he's not got the hype surrounding him like some of the others, yet he's better than most.
Reply/Quote
If we could trade back and pick up an extra second, I would have no problem taking him in the second.. big knock is his velocity. Needs to get that up.
Reply/Quote
I'mma post a highlight video I made when I get on my laptop
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 11:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Monthly reminder

Can you post a link to any credible site that has him as number 1 rated qb?  Or is this just your mr. Monthly man crush and this is just your opinion/obsession?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 12:15 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Can you post a link to any credible site that has him as number 1 rated qb?  Or is this just your mr. Monthly man crush and this is just your opinion/obsession?
He's criminally underrated. But whenever I go on draft breakdown it has him as qb2.
Reply/Quote
Nope. Weak arm and a system QB....I'll pass. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th, but the kid is going to need a lot of time to adjust to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
One scouting opinion of him.

Mason Rudolph | 6'4 | 230 | QB | Oklahoma State - Rudolph has gobs of experience and has the right body type for the NFL. He knows his offense well and can make the right reads to decimate a defense. He lead the nation in passing yards and was third in passer efficiency. Here's the down part. He will too often under throw balls and makes too many bad passes as a whole. It's fair to say that a lot of his production was manufactured due to the offense OK State runs. He has done enough though to think that he could develop into an adequate starter. Much of his success will be based on the team he lands with and their offensive design and structure.
Reply/Quote
He needs to sit for a year, but he will be an elite qb at next level.

https://www.ndtscouting.com/solak-senior-bowl-qb-charts-mason-rudolph/
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I think Mason Rudolph could jump up the boards over the next month or so. I don't think he will make it out of the first round. Some team is going to want to take him in the first to get the fifth year option. I can't see New England letting him get past them.
Reply/Quote
Post 12 is a good throw and post 13 is a throw that had little do with him and more with the WR being wide open. I think post 14 is interesting as it's a bad throw. He doesn't step into the throw (because he can't similar to Dalton), and the ball floats. That pass is probably an interception in the NFL. I just don't think the guy is all that special, I know Jpoore loves him but I think he is another Big 12 system QB. It is actually funny I was reading about their OC and how he basically explains their system is so simple anyone can pick it up right away and that reminds me of Bryce Petty not being able to learn an NFL playbook after putting up big numbers at Baylor in a similar system.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 09:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: Post 12 is a good throw and post 13 is a throw that had little do with him and more with the WR being wide open. I think post 14 is interesting as it's a bad throw. He doesn't step into the throw (because he can't similar to Dalton), and the ball floats. That pass is probably an interception in the NFL. I just don't think the guy is all that special, I know Jpoore loves him but I think he is another Big 12 system QB. It is actually funny I was reading about their OC and how he basically explains their system is so simple anyone can pick it up right away and that reminds me of Bryce Petty not being able to learn an NFL playbook after putting up big numbers at Baylor in a similar system.
Oh no question he's a project. Senior bowl is huge as he has to probe he isn't a system qb. I would love him to fall to the third, let him sit for 2 years while Andy plays out his contract and learns behind Andy, then he takes over. He can make throws that Andy never could, even in college.  But be does need to sit. Teams are definitely gonna test him hard on NFL defenses at the combine but I have faith in him. Just bc he played in that offense dosent mean he dosent understand a play book much more faith than say josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and Sam darnold.
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(02-28-2018, 01:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Oh no question he's a project. Senior bowl is huge as he has to probe he isn't a system qb. I would love him to fall to the third, let him sit for 2 years while Andy plays out his contract and learns behind Andy, then he takes over. He can make throws that Andy never could, even in college.  But be does need to sit. Teams are definitely gonna test him hard on NFL defenses at the combine but I have faith in him. Just bc he played in that offense dosent mean he dosent understand a play book much more faith than say josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and Sam darnold.

I am worried because their playbook is a complete RPO based playbook with two reads out of the RPO. The RPO created a lot of easy throws for him especially across the middle with linebackers playing too shallow because of getting sucked in. It reminds me of Nick Foles in a sense, mainly in that outside of him running a variation of RPO last year and with Kelly one year he has been an average to bad QB. I think defenses catch up with the RPO soon and then you have to question where that leaves you with some of these guys. This really isn't anything new, but it can be overcome. See Case Keenum, in the right environment he has succeeded after coming out of an air raid offense that doesn't tend to translate well to the NFL it has just taken him a couple years. 

Side note, I think Josh Allen is underrated a bit actually. I believe he played in a more pro style offense than people give him credit for because of some of the window dressing they did to cover up short comings of their players around him. He makes a lot of NFL throws in their system which is what surprised me watching him, he will throw a 15 yard out to the far side of the field. There aren't a ton of QB's in the NFL that will even attempt that throw because of just the sheer arm strength it takes. He does a little of the RPO but most of his stuff are 3 read progressions with layers of reads.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 02:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am worried because their playbook is a complete RPO based playbook with two reads out of the RPO. The RPO created a lot of easy throws for him especially across the middle with linebackers playing too shallow because of getting sucked in. It reminds me of Nick Foles in a sense, mainly in that outside of him running a variation of RPO last year and with Kelly one year he has been an average to bad QB. I think defenses catch up with the RPO soon and then you have to question where that leaves you with some of these guys. This really isn't anything new, but it can be overcome. See Case Keenum, in the right environment he has succeeded after coming out of an air raid offense that doesn't tend to translate well to the NFL it has just taken him a couple years. 

Side note, I think Josh Allen is underrated a bit actually. I believe he played in a more pro style offense than people give him credit for because of some of the window dressing they did to cover up short comings of their players around him. He makes a lot of NFL throws in their system which is what surprised me watching him, he will throw a 15 yard out to the far side of the field. There aren't a ton of QB's in the NFL that will even attempt that throw because of just the sheer arm strength it takes. He does a little of the RPO but most of his stuff are 3 read progressions with layers of reads.
Josh Allen Is criminally underrated. U don't replace that kind of offensive talent he lost last year at that type of school. And his receivers dropped passes. But Mason did all that, but he has the mental capacity to play in any system imo. He's very intelligent. It will leak out after combine what they thought of his football iq bc from a talent prospective he's first round. It's just nobody knows if he can get past that second read understanding wise in a NFL offense. He's definitely not a start right away guy. Where he goes is super important. 
Reply/Quote
Allen Lazard
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote