Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(06-27-2022, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So armed citizens were attempting to intervene and were stopped? 

I can see the police protecting people from uselessly(?) Running unarmed into gunfire, but if they restrained good guys with guns you'd think there would be nuclear heat coming off this. 

Look, I'm not defending the decision to wait at all, it was the wrong decision. And even though I would have been one of the parents trying to get in, the last thing they needed was for citizens with guns attempting to enter the school. A lot of things are going to happen when you go through that door, and none of them are good. Officers have to go through the fatal funnel and will start taking rounds immediately. While they are being shot, they have to identify where and who the shooter(s) are, and where the innocent people in the room are, in this case children and teachers, before they can determine if it's safe to engage the shooter and return fire. Otherwise, you have cops shooting victims. The last thing they needed were more individuals with guns to try to identify as good guys or bad guys. A lot of things obviously were not done right, but a whole lot of monday morning quarterback politicians and talking heads on tv who never got closer to a situation like this than an episode of Hill Street Blues probably should keep quiet and have a nice cup of STFU. Otherwise, strap on a gun and some Kevlar and show the rest of us how it's done. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 10:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Look, I'm not defending the decision to wait at all, it was the wrong decision. And even though I would have been one of the parents trying to get in, the last thing they needed was for citizens with guns attempting to enter the school. A lot of things are going to happen when you go through that door, and none of them are good. Officers have to go through the fatal funnel and will start taking rounds immediately. While they are being shot, they have to identify where and who the shooter(s) are, and where the innocent people in the room are, in this case children and teachers, before they can determine if it's safe to engage the shooter and return fire. Otherwise, you have cops shooting victims. The last thing they needed were more individuals with guns to try to identify as good guys or bad guys. A lot of things obviously were not done right, but a whole lot of monday morning quarterback politicians and talking heads on tv who never got closer to a situation like this than an episode of Hill Street Blues probably should keep quiet and have a nice cup of STFU. Otherwise, strap on a gun and some Kevlar and show the rest of us how it's done. 

Agreed.  But They won't keep quiet and we will still keep cheering their flawed narrative.  Ah well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 10:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Look, I'm not defending the decision to wait at all, it was the wrong decision. And even though I would have been one of the parents trying to get in, the last thing they needed was for citizens with guns attempting to enter the school. A lot of things are going to happen when you go through that door, and none of them are good. Officers have to go through the fatal funnel and will start taking rounds immediately. While they are being shot, they have to identify where and who the shooter(s) are, and where the innocent people in the room are, in this case children and teachers, before they can determine if it's safe to engage the shooter and return fire. Otherwise, you have cops shooting victims. The last thing they needed were more individuals with guns to try to identify as good guys or bad guys. A lot of things obviously were not done right, but a whole lot of monday morning quarterback politicians and talking heads on tv who never got closer to a situation like this than an episode of Hill Street Blues probably should keep quiet and have a nice cup of STFU. Otherwise, strap on a gun and some Kevlar and show the rest of us how it's done. 

Almost like a good guy with a gun just gets in the way sometimes.

I've asked that question for a long time:  How do the police know who the good guy is when they roll in?

We have our answer now:  They just don't roll in.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 01:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Almost like a good guy with a gun just gets in the way sometimes.

I've asked that question for a long time:  How do the police know who the good guy is when they roll in?

Yes, GM, that one incident, ordered by a POS politician, is indicative of how all law enforcement would respond to such an event.  Good to see the time off hasn't changed you at all.  
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 01:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Almost like a good guy with a gun just gets in the way sometimes.

[Image: these-colors-dont-run.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 03:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, GM, that one incident, ordered by a POS politician, is indicative of how all law enforcement would respond to such an event.  Good to see the time off hasn't changed you at all.  

Well they are back to attacking protesters.

Something something leopard and it's spots something something.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 03:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, GM, that one incident, ordered by a POS politician, is indicative of how all law enforcement would respond to such an event.  Good to see the time off hasn't changed you at all.  

Oh right.  You said you blamed the "politicians" and when Bels said it was the chief you said he might as well be a politician even if he was once a real officer.

Is the second in command, who is now the acting chief, a "POS politician" too?

I mean I'll admit the chief lied like a politician about the whole thing but other than that I don't see it.

Oh, and glass houses and rocks and so one and so forth...lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 09:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well they are back to attacking protesters.

Are they "attacking protestors?"  Or are you seeing a one minute clip of a sixty minute altercation being edited to fit a narrative?  C'mon, dude, I know you're much smarter than that.

(06-28-2022, 10:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh right.  You said you blamed the "politicians" and when Bels said it was the chief you said he might as well be a politician even if he was once a real officer.

Dar god, you're clueless.  The police chief is the exact politician I was referring to.  The CoP is an appointed position, they are pure politicians.  If you'd bothered to actually read all my posts on the subject you wouldn't look nearly as stupid as you do now.

Quote:Is the second in command, who is now the acting chief, a "POS politician" too?

Oh wait, so you did understand my point.  So I guess you're misrepresenting it intentionally to try and score internet points.  Pathetic.

Quote:I mean I'll admit the chief lied like a politician about the whole thing but other than that I don't see it.

You mean lied like what he is.  It's amazing to see you contradict yourself within a single post.  Truly impressive levels of idiocy.

Quote:Oh, and glass houses and rocks and so one and so forth...lol.

I am certainly the same person.  Just as ready to call out your simpering drivel as I was the first day you slithered into this sub forum and couldn't see a gun in a criminals hand that everyone else could.  I do enjoy the fact that you think your inanity actually bothers me.  LOL and all.     Smirk
Reply/Quote

I don't know exactly what went on there. Nor have I been keeping track of the latest news on it or anything. The optics don't look good for the department, obviously. That doesn't necessarily mean fault. That's about the most I will opine on it. And this: I suspect that when everything pans out, we will probably find that the words, "Don't do anything until I get there!" or something similar were uttered by someone high up in the department who didn't trust the policemen on the scene and their training. Just a hunch.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 10:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Are they "attacking protestors?"  Or are you seeing a one minute clip of a sixty minute altercation being edited to fit a narrative?  C'mon, dude, I know you're much smarter than that.

Once or twice, maybe you make a compelling counter argument (especially in this day and age). But you see it 10, 20, 30 times. You read the story about the guy in the truck hitting protestors and the cops do **** all. You read the first hand accounts of people at these protests. You start seeing the patterns emerge from the last 2, 5, 10, 20 years.

Nah, I'm done saying 'a few bad apples'. Between BLM protests, Uvalde, and now this shit - I'm firmly back in the FTP camp. Jack booted cowards.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 09:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well they are back to attacking protesters.

The video of that cop shoving Stephanie Tanner was pretty interesting.  Side note, I bet Joey Gladstone would be a basement dwelling Q incel.

I'm telling ya, Mr Woodchuck....JFK is showing up this time!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 10:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dar god, you're clueless.  The police chief is the exact politician I was referring to.  The CoP is an appointed position, they are pure politicians.  If you'd bothered to actually read all my posts on the subject you wouldn't look nearly as stupid as you do now.

Oh wait, so you did understand my point.  So I guess you're misrepresenting it intentionally to try and score internet points.  Pathetic.

You mean lied like what he is.  It's amazing to see you contradict yourself within a single post.  Truly impressive levels of idiocy.

You didn't like what the chief did or said so you made him "not a cop".

Lot of words to say you were wrong and then not answer my question.

(06-28-2022, 10:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I am certainly the same person.  Just as ready to call out your simpering drivel as I was the first day you slithered into this sub forum and couldn't see a gun in a criminals hand that everyone else could.  I do enjoy the fact that you think your inanity actually bothers me.  LOL and all.     Smirk

I love, and I mean that, that you are still bringing up something from 15 years ago where I admitted I was wrong.

I'm not sure how may forum rules that breaks but I am sure that being able to admit when one is wrong is probably better than just insulting people.

Should I ask what time it is so you would know everything about me instantly?

I wish we were all as perfect as you with a spotless reputation and wide ranging knowledge on virtually every subject, but someone of us are human and we make mistakes.  I apologize to you for that.

If you think you need to be here to "call me out" you need a hobby.  Or maybe taking a  few months off would help.  It's really not that bad...lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:38 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Once or twice, maybe you make a compelling counter argument (especially in this day and age). But you see it 10, 20, 30 times. You read the story about the guy in the truck hitting protestors and the cops do **** all. You read the first hand accounts of people at these protests. You start seeing the patterns emerge from the last 2, 5, 10, 20 years.

Nah, I'm done saying 'a few bad apples'. Between BLM protests, Uvalde, and now this shit - I'm firmly back in the FTP camp. Jack booted cowards.

The problem I have with the "few bad apples" is where are all the good apples calling them out?  All I see are excuses.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:38 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Once or twice, maybe you make a compelling counter argument (especially in this day and age). But you see it 10, 20, 30 times. You read the story about the guy in the truck hitting protestors and the cops do **** all. You read the first hand accounts of people at these protests. You start seeing the patterns emerge from the last 2, 5, 10, 20 years.

As you sit there typing this drivel, with the only thing protecting you from someone coming in killing you and taking every thing you have being the police..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 09:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As you sit there typing this drivel, with the only thing protecting you from someone coming in killing you and taking every thing you have being the police..... Hilarious

I'm more worried about the police killing me than some rando.

Also I stay strapped, so if I die it won't be because I didn't fight back.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 09:31 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm more worried about the police killing me than some rando.

Also I stay strapped, so if I die it won't be because I didn't fight back.

OK Rambo..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: OK Rambo..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Your words, not mine. I don't know what Fox News tells you, but I can tell you from experience plenty of folks on the left aren't gun shy little scared kids; we just don't make it our entire identity.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 09:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: You didn't like what the chief did or said so you made him "not a cop".

Lot of words to say you were wrong and then not answer my question.

Ahahaha, good lord, the stupid never stops with you.  All line officers view the chief as a politician, because that's exactly what they are.  I wasn't wrong, I didn't misstate anything and I said exactly what I meant.

Quote:I love, and I mean that, that you are still bringing up something from 15 years ago where I admitted I was wrong.

I'm not sure how may forum rules that breaks but I am sure that being able to admit when one is wrong is probably better than just insulting people.

Should I ask what time it is so you would know everything about me instantly?

I wish we were all as perfect as you with a spotless reputation and wide ranging knowledge on virtually every subject, but someone of us are human and we make mistakes.  I apologize to you for that.

If you think you need to be here to "call me out" you need a hobby.  Or maybe taking a  few months off would help.  It's really not that bad...lol.

I don't need to be here to "call you out".  It's just a bonus. Cool
Reply/Quote

Yes, all those people throwing bricks, Molotov cocktails, explosives and urine are very credible.  Sad to hear that you've gobbled up the anti-cop propaganda.  I think you'd change you mind within two minutes of having to actually deal with the above, but that will never happen.  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 10:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, all those people throwing bricks, Molotov cocktails, explosives and urine are very credible.  Sad to hear that you've gobbled up the anti-cop propaganda.  I think you'd change you mind within two minutes of having to actually deal with the above, but that will never happen.  

Right because police have never instigated a response. Gotta justify those military surplus purchases somehow.

Not that I'd expect a cop to hold a cop accountable. 

Just a few bad apples am I right?
Reply/Quote