Poll: Are you in favor of mass deportation?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass deportation gaining Americans support
It appears others outside P&R are getting angry with our border crisis, and mostly blame Biden. 62% of Americans are in favor. Broken down by race is as follows:

Hispanics - 53%
White - 67%
Black - 47%
Latino - 45%

Biden is realizing he messed up. However, his attempts to blame Trump are reckless, because people are not buying it. Although they blame both Republicans and Democrats for a failed border policy, Biden is getting the brunt on this one.

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-hispanics-favor-mass-deportation-1913510

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/exclusive-poll-america-warms-to-mass-deportations/ar-AA1nDo1C
Quote:nnounces Border Crackdown: 'Republicans Left Me With No Choice'

By [color=var(--art-hightlight-color)]Khaleda Rahman
National Correspondent
FOLLOW
[/color]
[color=var(--art-hightlight-color)]1177
[/color]
[color=var(--art-text-color)] A recent poll found that a majority of Hispanic people favor the mass deportation of undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. illegally.

[color=var(--art-text-color)]The CBS News/YouGov poll found that a majority of registered voters overall (62 percent) would favor the government starting "a new national program to deport all undocumented immigrants currently living in the U.S. illegally." Thirty-eight percent said they would oppose it.[/color]

[color=var(--art-text-color)]The survey polled 1,615 registered voters between June 5 and 7, and had a margin of error of 3.8 points.[/color]
[color=var(--art-text-color)]Notably, the poll found that mass deportation was popular with Hispanics, with 53 percent saying they would favor such a program and 47 percent saying they would oppose it. White people were more supportive of mass deportations, with 67 percent saying they would back the program, and 33 percent saying they would oppose it. Among Black people, it was 47 percent in favor and 53 percent opposed.[/color]

[color=var(--art-text-color)]An Axios poll published in April also found that a majority of Americans support the mass deportations of undocumented immigrants, including 45 percent of Latinos who were in favor of such a measure.[/color]SLETTER

[color=var(--art-text-color)]The results of the latest survey indicate that many would back former President Donald Trump's plan to launch the largest deportation operation in U.S. history if he wins back the White House in November.[/color]

volume_off
[color=var(--art-text-color)]But a "much smaller portion of Americans who purport to favor mass deportation of undocumented immigrants would support what it would practically entail," Thomas Gift, an associate professor of political science and director of the Centre on U.S. Politics at University College London, U.K., told 

[/color][color=var(--art-text-color)]"Showing papers on-demand. Racial profiling. A huge increase in the number and scale of ICE raids. But the polling is reflective of just how dissatisfied American voters are with the failure of both Republicans and Democrats to secure the border. Immigration is again surging to the top of the 'most important problem' list because Washington has shown itself completely ill-equipped to execute common-sense immigration enforcement."[/color]EAD MOR
[/color]

[color=var(--art-text-color)]Stephen Yale-Loehr, professor of immigration law practice at Cornell Law School, said the poll shows "the extent to which Republicans have politicized the immigration debate."

[color=var(--art-text-color)]"If voters knew the true cost of mass deportations, including breaking up families, hurting our economy, and the fiscal cost of detaining immigrants before they get deported, they would realize that mass deportation is not the answer to our broken immigration system," Yale-Loehr told Newsweek.[/color]

[color=var(--art-text-color)]Immigration regularly ranks among voters' top issues ahead of November's election, set to be a rematch of the 2020 race between President Joe Biden and Trump.
[/color]
[color=var(--art-text-color)]Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, has made cracking down on immigration a centerpiece of his campaign, repeating the strategy that fueled his previous rise to power. In speeches and online, Trump has ramped up anti-immigrant rhetoric, casting migrants as criminals who are "poisoning the blood" of America.
[/color]
[color=var(--art-text-color)]In a lengthy interview with Time magazine in April, Trump said he'd use the National Guard as part of efforts to deport millions of migrants across the country in a second term—and wouldn't be opposed to using active duty military.[/color]

[color=var(--art-text-color)]"If I thought things were getting out of control, I would have no problem using the military, per se," he said. "We have to have safety in our country. We have to have law and order in our country. And whichever gets us there, but I think the National Guard will do the job."[/color]

[color=var(--art-text-color)]Biden took executive action earlier this month that effectively halts asylum claims at the southern border, an effort to deflect attacks against him on his handling of immigration.
[/color]
[color=var(--art-text-color)]The order, which went into effect on June 5, limits asylum processing once encounters with migrants between ports of entry reach 2,500 per day. It immediately went into effect because the latest figures were far higher, at about 4,000 daily.[/color]

[color=var(--art-text-color)]However, recent figures show that the order is having little effect on the number of illegal crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border. Meanwhile, immigration advocacy groups have sued the Biden administration over the action.
[/color]
[color=var(--art-text-color)]Biden has said that Republicans had left him with no choice but to take executive action after tanking bipartisan legislation that would have overhauled the asylum system to provide faster and tougher immigration enforcement at Trump's urging.[/color][/color]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I said a while ago the Border crisis would be a catalyst for Trump's reelection. This spills over to the economy. The illegal asylum seekers are taking benefits from Black and Hispanic voters. Those migrants who entered. the US legally are against those jumping the line. A lot of those who did it the right way have family attempting to follow them, under Biden they have been pushed to the back of the line.

As murders and rapes by asylum seekers becomes more prevalent, it will get worse for the Democrats and Biden.

The economy is bad and worse for those who make less, their 20% rise in inflation impacts them more than those who are upper middle class and above. Their limited dollars don't go far. They still remember Trump's inflation and economy and them being much better off.

They also remember the Trump tax cuts Biden and Democrats want to not renew. This will raise the federal income taxes they pay in 2025.

It was not long ago Mayorkas and Biden sold a lie the border was secure. It was not. They said they needed Congress to fix it, but Schumer when given a standalone immigration Bill HR2, he refused to bring it to the floor for debate or approval.

Biden then used a weak executive order to slow the flow of illegal immigrants entering into the US, no Congress. He could had limited it to 0 per day, but it is weak as it still allows 2500 a day. That is not deterring migrants to come to the border, it was never designed to, just an act to attempt to fool people Biden cares about illegal immigrants entering the US.

What happened to Obama's famous saying? We are not a nation without borders.

Choice is simple in November; do you want us to have a border or not? Do you want illegal migrants removed to await asylum hearings?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 04:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It appears others outside P&R are getting angry with our border crisis, and mostly blame Biden. 62% of Americans are in favor. Broken down by race is as follows:

Hispanics - 53%
White - 67%
Black - 47%
Latino - 45%

Biden is realizing he messed up. However, his attempts to blame Trump are reckless, because people are not buying it. Although they blame both Republicans and Democrats for a failed border policy, Biden is getting the brunt on this one.

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-hispanics-favor-mass-deportation-1913510

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/exclusive-poll-america-warms-to-mass-deportations/ar-AA1nDo1C

The country is currently overwhelmed with illegal aliens posing as asylum seekers. If the country cannot get to immigrant's asylum hearing within the year, they should be sent back to the last safe country they entered on the way here until they can be processed in a reasonable manner.

Deporting illegal aliens saves the country money, and is the proper course of action for the well being, and safety/security of the country. In addition, deportations de-incentivizes migrants coming here illegally.

The country is drowning in debt, and deporting illegal aliens along with strengthen the border would decrease the strain on the American people.

Turn off the illegal spigot and cease allowing asylum seekers entry unless they can have a hearing in a reasonable timeframe.

The scary part is that if you get food, water, medical treatment, and all the bells and whistles, then released into the USA on the honor system, if you run into border enforcement officers and say you are seeking asylum, why are so many illegal aliens avoiding them?

Not good.
Reply/Quote
That means you are coming back to Europe ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 07:50 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That means you are coming back to Europe ?

No, but I wouldn't mind if the 47% of blacks who are all for this are sent back to Africa next.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 07:50 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That means you are coming back to Europe ?

Why? Most of the EU has stricter immigration rules than we do? you still have countries with walls as well, yet you ***** up a storm if we try to fix our own problems.

either suggest how we can address our issue thru the EU's policies that worked or stay in your own lane. 
Reply/Quote
That was a joke actually. Whatever.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 08:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why? Most of the EU has stricter immigration rules than we do? you still have countries with walls as well, yet you ***** up a storm if we try to fix our own problems.

either suggest how we can address our issue thru the EU's policies that worked or stay in your own lane. 

This seems like a fair request. Always easier to shit in someone else's backyard than your own.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 08:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, but I wouldn't mind if the 47% of blacks who are all for this are sent back to Africa next.  Ninja

Not funny at all. I know your off the hip on this as humor, but man, this is not a good joke tbh.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 10:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not funny at all. I know your off the hip on this as humor, but man, this is not a good joke tbh.

Mass deportation humor isn't really a thing.  I guess I'm out of my element.  I just figured once we get rid of all the illegals someone is going to have to "get the hell out" next. 

The more serious points I always touch on are how the major shift on illegals from the bush to Trump era is how we were told that they went from being here to do jobs spoiled union democrats wouldn't do for a reasonable wage to just being here to commit crimes and leech off of the system.

Add in that there is never talk of upping the penalties on Americans who hire them, and that St Reagan probably went the amnesty route for a reason. Also I don't expect our federal government to actually pull off mass deportations in a way that isn't an expensive and bloated mess.

It just seemed easier to make a crappy non joke than to point this out yet again.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 08:11 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That was a joke actually. Whatever.

You're suffering from the fact that your point/joke is made seriously by people in the US on a regular basis.

Reply/Quote
[Image: obama_immigration_quote_2005_meme.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're suffering from the fact that your point/joke is made seriously by people in the US on a regular basis.

Suffering ? No.

I guess it's barreer language. Or my jokes are not atlantic compatible.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're suffering from the fact that your point/joke is made seriously by people in the US on a regular basis.

Exactly. The struggle is real for many Americans. The problem is, what's happening and what's being reported are two different things. I am blessed by living in a small town with a good job and a decent community. Immigration, inflation, crime, etc. don't impact me too much here in rural farmland country. I might see a few corn stalks wrestling when the wind blows, but that's about it. When there is a police situation, a fire, or any event, it's kind of a big thing because not much happens here. I can't imagine some of the struggles families in bigger cities are going through. The homeless situation would crush me if I saw it daily. Many families are doing without because their budget is so tight. Kids are going to bed hungry. 

It's a slap in the face to so many out there struggling and watching our government burn money on illegal immigrants and giving them a better life than a mom & dad working a couple of jobs just to make ends meet. It seems corporate greed and higher taxes for the rich are the rallying cry of the left to solve these issues. However, we all know (although all won't admit it) that for every dollar you take from the rich and the corporations, $2 will come from the middle and lower class. Taxing the rich to solve problems is one of the biggest lies in politics.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 01:33 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: [Image: obama_immigration_quote_2005_meme.jpg]

And he's right. This is why Biden is going to lose the votes. I sometimes ponder what Biden's end game was with letting our borders be overrun by illegals. Was he hoping they would be able to vote and thus flood more votes towards the left? Or was it just some whimsical, vengeful attack on Trump's border policy? Whatever it was, it wasn't thought out properly and the possible effects it could have on our nation. Pretty wreckless decision which is going to cost a lot of money to clean up.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 01:33 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: [Image: obama_immigration_quote_2005_meme.jpg]

But?................But..............But............

Serious question, why did Democrats move way from Obama's immigration policy? Why does Nadler make comments that we need illegal immigrants to cook your food or clean your house? Isn't that as demeaning you can get towards asylum seekers (illegal immigrants according to Obama)?

Democrats, Biden, KJP and Mayorkas spent over 3 years telling is the border was secure. Then, Texas shuts down their border (Biden DOJ tried to stop them) so less people coming in, but Biden and Mayorkas now claim we have a problem, and it is the Republican's fault.
This is such a bad argument. The border crisis started in 2021 once Biden revoked Trump's border policies. If it was the Republicans fault, why say the border was secure for over 3 years, then saying it is not.

For those who want to attempt blame on Republicans, Biden stopped the wall, Biden stopped asylum seekers remain in Mexico and Schumer has a clean border security bill HR2 he refused to debate or vote to secure the border.

The so called bi-partisan border security bill failed in the Senate, the same Senate that is controlled by Democrats, not Republicans. The Democrats teamed with Republicans to vote no.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 01:46 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Suffering ? No.

I guess it's barreer language. Or my jokes are not atlantic compatible.

Suffering in this context means the reason for your statement not being interpreted as you intended.  Not that you are personally suffering.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 02:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: But?................But..............But............

Serious question, why did Democrats move way from Obama's immigration policy? Why does Nadler make comments that we need illegal immigrants to cook your food or clean your house? Isn't that as demeaning you can get towards asylum seekers (illegal immigrants according to Obama)?

Nadler has got to be the worst political figure in the history of mankind. He is a perfect example of abhorrent ignorance. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 02:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Suffering in this context means the reason for your statement not being interpreted as you intended.  Not that you are personally suffering.

In that manner, indeed. 

Reply/Quote
Is step one to round them up and put them in camps?
Reply/Quote