Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Trade with MIA Mock (fun only)
Note that I do not think this would happen next week, but I was curious to see what the Bengals could do with a bevy of picks within the first 3 rounds. This was just for fun to see how it would turn out.

Trade Details:
CIN gives - 1, 33
MIA gives - 5, 18, 26, 39, 56, 70
EDIT - As recommended by J24, the above may still not be enough, so perhaps MIA tosses in 2021 and/or 2022 1st round pick. So let's consider they do at least one of those to seal the deal.

Mock:
1 - 5) Justin Herbert, QB Oregon - We know the Bengals like Herbert, so I could definitely see him being taken here. He has a high ceiling but he's not as refined as Burrow. It might even be worth keeping Dalton as the starter this first year to groom Herbert, which can still happen if Dalton's contract is restructured and/or some other veterans are moved.

1 - 18) Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia - Bengals get their new bookend who is as steady and well-rounded as they come. He's being overshadowed by shiny new toys Wirfs, Wills, and Bekton, which lets him fall into Cincinnati's lap.

1 - 26) Patrick Queen, LB LSU - The new QB of the defense who has the size, athleticism, and demeanor to thrive in today's NFL.

2 - 39) Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan - Ruiz has the talent to seize a starting role at IOL from Day 1 given the (lack of) talent the Bengals have there.

2 - 56) Julian Okwara, EDGE Notre Dame - Edge rusher who can play in a 3-4 or 4-3.

3 - 65) Michael Pittman Jr, WR USC - A very refined, well-rounded WR who has good speed for his size. Future starter if he doesn't get the opportunity as a rookie.

3 - 70) Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois - Chinn is a big safety who can play a variety of roles, similar to Shawn Williams.

4) Jordyn Brooks, LB Texas Tech - A solid LB who has traits to become a good 3-down starter if he can grow in coverage. Future replacement for Josh Bynes.

5) AJ Dillon, RB Boston College - Big, productive RB who would provide depth, especially in case Mixon holds out and/or leaves in FA after this year.

6) Trey Adams, OT Washington - Used to be considered a surefire 1st round talent before his injuries. I've seen many sites projecting him this late now though. With already having Jonah and Thomas, Adams could come in as a backup swing OT.

7) Josiah Deguara, TE/H-B Cincinnati - Bengals would get a guy who can block and catch for that last TE position.

Again, I don't think a trade like this would happen, but I do think something like this could produce a nice haul if done right. A handful of starters at positions of need, a couple guys to take over as starters within a couple years, and a collection of depth players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two problems
1.) Against drafting Herbert
2.) No to giving up the 33rd pick in anyway.
If Miami were to want Burrow then they better give up the whole Farm.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:08 PM)J24 Wrote: Two problems
1.) Against drafting Herbert
2.) No to giving up the 33rd pick in anyway.
If Miami were to want Burrow then they better give up the whole Farm.

1) Just because you would be against it doesn't mean Bengals wouldn't do it. I'm not a fan of him either, but supposedly the Bengals have been since the Senior Bowl. Presumably as a backup option to Burrow.

2) You shouldn't say you wouldn't give up the 33rd pick "in any way." Picks 5, 18, and 26 would already be more than the 1st overall pick is worth according to trade value chart. 39th would be going even further. 57 and 70 are the exact same value as 33 according to trade value chart. https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?

If someone is there at 33 that the Bengals are really wanting, they should take it. But trading down in Rd 2 should also be considered based on players available.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) Just because you would be against it doesn't mean Bengals wouldn't do it. I'm not a fan of him either, but supposedly the Bengals have been since the Senior Bowl. Presumably as a backup option to Burrow.

2) You shouldn't say you wouldn't give up the 33rd pick "in any way." Picks 5, 18, and 26 would already be more than the 1st overall pick is worth according to trade value chart. 39th would be going even further. 57 and 70 are the exact same value as 33 according to trade value chart. https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?

If someone is there at 33 that the Bengals are really wanting, they should take it. But trading down in Rd 2 should also be considered based on players available.

The trade chart is irrelevant to this discussion. You're talking about a franchise QB on a rookie contract. That's basically the best deal in all of sports. If Miami wants him they have to give up everything including there next two first RD picks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:41 PM)J24 Wrote: The trade chart is irrelevant to this discussion. You're talking about a franchise QB on a rookie contract. That's basically the best deal in all of sports. If Miami wants him they have to give up everything including there next two first RD picks.

Maybe they add their 2021 and/or 2022 1st round pick too, but that doesn't impact the 2020 draft because those selections cannot be made.
I'll mention that in an edit though, as maybe they do add that to seal the deal.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who sees AJ Dillon and think this has to be the greatest play on our minds?
Reply/Quote