Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matchup
Our old friend Alexander Villanueva vs. our New Friend Trey Hendrickson. Going to be an interesting battle for sure.
Reply/Quote
Boyd/Uzomah/Mixon vs Patrick Queen/Malik Harrison will be a huge matchup. The Ravens like to bring their safeties on blitzes and the poor play of their linebackers should open up the seams for big plays.... add in that the Bengals have very few seam routes on tape could mean a big day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 02:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Boyd/Uzomah/Mixon vs Patrick Queen/Malik Harrison will be a huge matchup. The Ravens like to bring their safeties on blitzes and the poor play of their linebackers should open up the seams for big plays.... add in that the Bengals have very few seam routes on tape could mean a big day.

Very good point.  Queen has been bad in coverage.   He's actually been losing a lot of snaps to our old friend Josh Bynes. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 02:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Our old friend Alexander Villanueva vs. our New Friend Trey Hendrickson. Going to be an interesting battle for sure.

I watched the opening week Raiders game and Villanueva was getting abused.  Ravens had moved him from left tackle to right tackle and he was getting beaten badly.

He was still a TE when he was with the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 02:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Boyd/Uzomah/Mixon vs Patrick Queen/Malik Harrison will be a huge matchup. The Ravens like to bring their safeties on blitzes and the poor play of their linebackers should open up the seams for big plays.... add in that the Bengals have very few seam routes on tape could mean a big day.

Agree and not sure they can cover the Bengals anyway. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I think if Mixon has a good game, the Bengals win plain and simple.  If he's getting yards and making the defense account for him, that will keep the blitz from being deployed most of the time.  He's kind of an afterthought behind Burrow and the wrs, but he's the key as he is most of the time.  This offense is damn near impossible to stop when he's running effectively.
Reply/Quote
They'll have another back to account for, one with very little tape to study in Evans.. I hope they can get him going in the game along with Joe..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Both Queen and Villanuevo have Questionable designations for the game, so it will be interesting to see if they can be effective.

Regardless, the key matchup to me is Logan Wilson and Germain Pratt against Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews. Shut out Andrews and keep Lamar behind the LOS and it will be a long day for Ravens fans...
Reply/Quote

Assuming they remember that he exists instead of forcing the ball to Sample.

Last 2 Games
Uzomah: 5 targets (5 catches for 31 yards/1 TD)
Sample: 5 targets (2 catches for 9 yards) 

Bengals seem absolutely hellbent on using Sample since the Uzomah career game for whatever reason. Zac's pride over making the pick?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 02:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Assuming they remember that he exists instead of forcing the ball to Sample.

Last 2 Games

Bengals seem absolutely hellbent on using Sample since the Uzomah career game for whatever reason. Zac's pride over making the pick?

No... The Bengals are starting to use 12 personnel (2WR, 2TE, 1RB) more because they want to run the ball. Sometimes the Y-TE is the under route in those play action formations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 02:49 PM)Synric Wrote: No... The Bengals are starting to use 12 personnel (2WR, 2TE, 1RB) more because they want to run the ball. Sometimes the Y-TE is the under route in those play action formations.

I'm sorry, but any time you take one of Chase/Higgins/Boyd off the field to put Sample on it, and then throw the ball to Sample, you're just hamstringing yourself. Wanting to run it or not.

Why put so much investment into having 3 good WRs just to start using only 2? Seems like overthinking it. Just put your best 11 out there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 02:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Assuming they remember that he exists instead of forcing the ball to Sample.

Last 2 Games

I doubt Taylor is calling any plays for Sample.  I'd guess that he has been at least the third option on ever target he has gotten.

It also makes sense that Uzo is getting fewer targets since his great gme because defenses are paying more attention to him.
Reply/Quote

Last 2 Games

That would be really really stupid but not overall surprising. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 04:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm sorry, but any time you take one of Chase/Higgins/Boyd off the field to put Sample on it, and then throw the ball to Sample, you're just hamstringing yourself. Wanting to run it or not.

Why put so much investment into having 3 good WRs just to start using only 2? Seems like overthinking it. Just put your best 11 out there.

They are still running 3 and 4 WR sets around 70% of the snaps. 12 personnel is just another grouping they can use and more for a defense to worry about.

Reply/Quote

Last 2 Games

Yeah I wondered if they targeted him because after the Jax game they saw how valuable a TE could be in the passing game. I think Sample is valuable in the blocking game and after last year I thought he was okay in the pass game. But after these last 2 games don't even bother targeting him especially if we're not getting Boyd targets.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt Taylor is calling any plays for Sample.  I'd guess that he has been at least the third option on ever target he has gotten.

It also makes sense that Uzo is getting fewer targets since his great gme because defenses are paying more attention to him.

I doubt teams are paying that much attention to Uzo. He wasn't getting many targets before the Jax game either and the ones he was getting were in the flat. 
Reply/Quote
Our ends and linebackers vs. Jackson. Need to be ripping at the ball, if Lamar has a major weakness, hanging on to the ball is it. We could get some turnovers if they punch at the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 02:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Our old friend Alexander Villanueva vs. our New Friend Trey Hendrickson. Going to be an interesting battle for sure.

I saw an NFL communication that my spies intercepted before the game:

"Due to the extremely favorable matchup of Hendrickson over Villenueva, the officials are instructed to only call one holding penalty on Villenueva during the game, and it must be in the first quarter.  After that, there will be no flags for holding.  We need the Ravens to have a chance"
Reply/Quote
Not to fear, I have my Gameday LaRosa's pizza in the oven..... we're 4-0 when I eat LaRosas or Skyline at the start of the game... Who Dey
Reply/Quote