Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking Forward To Price Back
It also looks like Boling will be back. I'm hoping Price plays a lot of years and ends up Bengals best Center ever. I saw all of Bob Johnson career and Rimington and all Bengal Centers. It will be good to see Price in there and Boling back. Open running lanes for Mixon and Bernard back. Protect Dalton. Bengals are 2-0 with Price in the game. Lets get our starting O Line back on the field. Mixon could rush for a lot of yards if we have our starting O Line firing off and flat out blocking people.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
the Saints will undoubtedly be loading up the box to stop the run. The passing game will have to be there for the running game to have a chance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Price will be pretty rusty. I wouldn’t expect the world from him tomorrow.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:24 AM)McC Wrote: the Saints will undoubtedly be loading up the box to stop the run.  The passing game will have to be there for the running game to have a chance.

Give Mixon enough carries to get 100 yards or more rushing anyway.  We are weak at WR and TE.   A good running game does 2 things. It makes it easier for our crippled and injured passing attack.  It also keeps Brees off the field.  Nobody giving Bengals much of a chance of winning.  If Mixon gains 100 yards or more, that doubles the Bengals chances of winning.  I think there is some stat that in Bengals History, In games where a Bengals runner gains 100 yards, the winning % is over 70 % wins. So Mixon gaining 100 yards rushing would help.

Win or lose, I want to see Price back out there.  We were 2-0 with him in there. He can flat out block.  He is our #1 Draft Pick. Could also use the other #1 pick to step up with Green out, Ross.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:35 AM)kevin Wrote: Give Mixon enough carries to get 100 yards or more rushing anyway.  We are weak at WR and TE.   A good running game does 2 things. It makes it easier for our crippled and injured passing attack.  It also keeps Brees off the field.  Nobody giving Bengals much of a chance of winning.  If Mixon gains 100 yards or more, that doubles the Bengals chances of winning. 

Win or lose, I want to see Price back out there.  We were 2-0 with him in there. He can flat out block. 

I think the pressure is really on our offensive coaching. We have seen some bright spots in our running game, but consistency is still lacking. There's their first challenge. And without Green, setting up the run with the pass will be that much more difficult. 

Getting Price back, and (maybe) moving Hopkins over to RG at this point in time will work. Maybe even hide Gio behind an extra TE so he can slip out a few times will liven things up. Similar scenario for Erickson. Above all though, Boyd, Ross, and mystery WR need to run good routes all day.

Not much works better than keeping the defense on their heels. All things considered, this is the game that will show us how close we are to playing high quality football. And I don't think we have to win to make a good showing. I'd take exposing the lack of talent at a position or two, over lack of a decent game plan. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:29 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Price will be pretty rusty. I wouldn’t expect the world from him tomorrow.

True, yet still think he makes OL better right away.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 02:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: True, yet still think he makes OL better right away.

Same, even if he is rusty he should be better than Hop at Center even if Hop played admirably in Price's absence.

This along with the LB's improving is what needs to happen for this team to take the next step.

We are honestly in a good spot going into the 2nd half of the season. I just want to see immense improvement from
the Defense. This is what still concerns me until they start to show up and tackle and cover better. I think we can get
pressure on Brees, but we have to tackle once he checks it down. This is key to this game IMO.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Price ends up like Hall Of Fame Jim Otto. You kids won't remember Jim Otto. In the glory days of the Oakland Raiders, all plays started with big number 00 being first to leave the huddle. Walking to the football and line as others followed. As a Center, none have been better. I'm hoping Price anchors the middle of our O Line for many years. In first 8 games we have only seen him 2 games. Yes, looking forward to seeing a lot more of Price at Center.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:35 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm hoping Price ends up like Hall Of Fame Jim Otto.  You kids won't remember Jim Otto.  In the glory days of the Oakland Raiders, all plays started with big number 00 being first to leave the huddle. Walking to the football and line as others followed.  As a Center, none have been better.  I'm hoping Price anchors the middle of our O Line for many years.  In first 8 games we have only seen him 2 games.  Yes, looking forward to seeing a lot more of Price at Center.

When trying to evaluate the Centers in the last Draft i liked Ragnow better initially cause i thought he was
more pro ready right out of the gate but always thought Price had the bigger upside. Don't remember Otto
as i am a kid i guess haha but the Center is a big deal and always wondered why our FO didn't think so.

Drafting a Center in the first round sure gave me some hope about our team going on.

I agree, hope he becomes that stud Center we have always needed. Price could be better than Braham, we
all know he could. Braham was just the first Center that was good here in forever.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 12:06 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I think the pressure is really on our offensive coaching. We have seen some bright spots in our running game, but consistency is still lacking. There's their first challenge. And without Green, setting up the run with the pass will be that much more difficult. 

Getting Price back, and (maybe) moving Hopkins over to RG at this point in time will work. Maybe even hide Gio behind an extra TE so he can slip out a few times will liven things up. Similar scenario for Erickson. Above all though, Boyd, Ross, and mystery WR need to run good routes all day.

Not much works better than keeping the defense on their heels. All things considered, this is the game that will show us how close we are to playing high quality football. And I don't think we have to win to make a good showing. I'd take exposing the lack of talent at a position or two, over lack of a decent game plan. 

Agree,

The white hot spotlight is on Lazor down the stretch like never before. He's had his moments up until now but overall we've struggled nearly as much as we've excelled. 

We can't continue getting shut out the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half and keep on winning. Lazor has to come up with adjustments to the oppositions half time adjustments and up to now we haven't done well with that.

Price being back will hopefully help in these matters.
Reply/Quote
One place I hope Price is able to help is our being atrocious in short yardage running. The game we had him and before he got hurt against the Rats we were actually able to successfully run for TDs and first downs in these situations.
Reply/Quote
Hell, I'd rather keep Hop at C and put Price in at RG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I'd rather keep Hop at C and put Price in at RG

Hell, i feel the same in this instance.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I'd rather keep Hop at C and put Price in at RG

That would defeat drafting the star Ohio State center at #1 round in draft.  Let us not think that right guard is more important than center.  Let us not think that Price must replace Zeitler.  Price at Ohio State was one of the best college centers ever, plus well coached by Urban Meyer staff.  Price has the right size and balance and talent to read the defense, be the inside O Line captain, make the snap to quarterback and still make the blocks.  At Ohio State he did all this at Championship and Award winning level.  So I'm not thinking in terms of right guard, nor were the Bengals who said they would be drafting a Center early.  They indeed drafted a Center.  Not some late round slug like Bengals have been trying to use at Center.  I'm talking Bob Johnson, Blair Bush, Dave Rimington, Bruce Kozerski and that Price ends up better than all of them.  We need somebody to anchor the center position from 2018 to 2028 and Price has all the tools to do that.

So Bengals said they would draft a center in Round 1. They drafted a center in Round 1. Stick to the program and play him at center. There are good guards in Round 1 every draft, but many drafts don't have a Round 1 talent Center. Price is a rare talent at center that many drafts just don't have. I'm old so I won't live to see it, but I'm hoping Price goes into Hall Of Fame in 2030's as a Bengal Center with Super Bowl rings.

Again, I'm looking forward to the star college center who helped Ohio State to Championship level and was well coached under Urban Meyer staff. I'm looking forward to Price at Center. Bengal Fans have not seen a top notch Bengals center in many years, and they will be amazed how much it improves the blocking. Plus, he just looks like a King King Bundy that can block and pancake you into the ground. The draft word was he plays with a high motor, all out every play, and kind of a mean streak determined to make his block.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:02 AM)kevin Wrote:   
That would defeat drafting the star Ohio State center at #1 round in draft.  Let us not think that right guard is more important than center.  Let us not think that Price must replace Zeitler.  Price at Ohio State was one of the best college centers ever, plus well coached by Urban Meyer staff.  Price has the right size and balance and talent to read the defense, be the inside O Line captain, make the snap to quarterback and still make the blocks.  At Ohio State he did all this at Championship and Award winning level.  So I'm not thinking in terms of right guard, nor were the Bengals who said they would be drafting a Center early.  They indeed drafted a Center.  Not some late round slug like Bengals have been trying to use at Center.  I'm talking Bob Johnson, Blair Bush, Dave Rimington, Bruce Kozerski and that Price ends up better than all of them.  We need somebody to anchor the center position from 2018 to 2028 and Price has all the tools to do that.

So Bengals said they would draft a center in Round 1.  They drafted a center in Round 1.   Stick to the program and play him at center.   There are good guards in Round 1 every draft, but many drafts don't have a Round 1 talent Center.  Price is a rare talent at center that many drafts just don't have.  I'm old so I won't live to see it, but I'm hoping Price goes into Hall Of Fame in 2030's as a Bengal Center with Super Bowl rings.

Again, I'm looking forward to the star college center who helped Ohio State to Championship level and was well coached under Urban Meyer staff.  I'm looking forward to Price at Center.  Bengal Fans have not seen a top notch Bengals center in many years, and they will be amazed how much it improves the blocking.  Plus, he just looks like a King King Bundy that can block and pancake you into the ground. The draft word was he plays with a high motor, all out every play, and kind of a mean streak determined to make his block.

I think they meant short term.  

Ease him back at RG first and then plug him back in at Center.

That way he can rotate out on a few plays.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:02 AM)kevin Wrote:   

So Bengals said they would draft a center in Round 1.  They drafted a center in Round 1.   Stick to the program and play him at center.   There are good guards in Round 1 every draft, but many drafts don't have a Round 1 talent Center.  Price is a rare talent at center that many drafts just don't have.  I'm old so I won't live to see it, but I'm hoping Price goes into Hall Of Fame in 2030's as a Bengal Center with Super Bowl rings.

Again, I'm looking forward to the star college center who helped Ohio State to Championship level and was well coached under Urban Meyer staff.  I'm looking forward to Price at Center.  Bengal Fans have not seen a top notch Bengals center in many years, and they will be amazed how much it improves the blocking.  Plus, he just looks like a King King Bundy that can block and pancake you into the ground. The draft word was he plays with a high motor, all out every play, and kind of a mean streak determined to make his block.
Truth...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:18 AM)kevin Wrote: It also looks like Boling will be back.  I'm hoping Price plays a lot of years and ends up Bengals best Center ever.  I saw all of Bob Johnson career and Rimington and all Bengal Centers.  It will be good to see Price in there and Boling back.  Open running lanes for Mixon and Bernard back. Protect Dalton.  Bengals are 2-0 with Price in the game.   Lets get our starting O Line back on the field.  Mixon could rush for a lot of yards if we have our starting O Line firing off and flat out blocking people.

I am with you,I so hope Billy Price has a great career and it starts this sunday.Our entire family are huge Ohio State football fans and loved it when they got Price and Hubbard and Now A.Washington,he is a stud when he wants to be.Price is going to rusty and I hope he keeps andy upright.Its going to be cold down there,hopefully it will harder on the aints.
Reply/Quote

Me too.  Hopkins has been playing pretty well.  And I think for right now, that would be our best option.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Today, I agree.

Redmond is doubtful, so make a change at 1 position on the line instead of 2...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:24 AM)McC Wrote: the Saints will undoubtedly be loading up the box to stop the run.  The passing game will have to be there for the running game to have a chance.

Saints defense is number 1 in rush yards allowed and rush yards per attempt (for those who want dismiss Saints are a beast against the run). I hope our game plan to throw the ball 50 times today, use the short passing game to set up the run. I remember a game years ago where Brady and Pats scripted 25 pass plays before 1st run against great Steeler run defense. They killed the Steelers in that game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote