Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Barkley, Dalton’s New Backup
(03-17-2018, 12:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man, his college number was 7.  I'm ready to re-purpose my Esiason jersey because I got me some Matt Barkley FEVER!!!!

LOL... That's malaria. Slowly slide back deep into your coma.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:57 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I have a feeling that Driskel will be the next "Fever for LeFevour" of QB lore.

Maybe we can get him a sweet statue...

[Image: th?id=OIP.7CFr0NSZIA0FDd-a4ae4twHaE8&pid...=254&h=170]

Is that Paul Bunyan playing golf? 

Reply/Quote
We have another USC QB Ninja maybe he’ll wear 9
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 12:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I sure liked having AJ McCarron on the sideline but Matt Barkley will be a serviceable replacement.  The Bengals certainly didn’t accept a downgrade at backup.

They certainly did. This guy is awful and has no business on an active roster 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: We have another USC QB Ninja maybe he’ll wear 9
That might work.  It could signify the number of NFL quality passes he's thrown in his life.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They certainly did. This guy is awful and has no business on an active roster 

Exactly ,It was going so good till Burfict suspension then this puke signing. Just how they like it I guess,Dalton goes down seasons over .
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:07 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Exactly ,It was going so good till Burfict suspension then this puke signing. Just how they like it I guess,Dalton goes down seasons over .

OTOH, no QB controversy.  I still say Driskel will be the backup.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They certainly did. This guy is awful and has no business on an active roster 

I didn't even know he was still in the league to tell you the truth.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:49 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Let the “Matt Barkley is better than Andy Dalton” threads begin.

I’m going to die. If we draft a couple good lineman tho AD will have no excuse for failure.

Iv been a huge AD supported tho and don’t feel his job was ever in any danger. Not much you can do with your line pushing back into you every play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Meh. If Dalton isn't playing, we can't expect to win any games unless the defense pitches a shutout or scores 21 points themselves.
Reply/Quote
I would have thought they go Matt Moore at backup qb. Perhaps Barkley will just be a camp qb unless he shows something
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:49 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Let the “Matt Barkley is better than Andy Dalton” threads begin.

Changing my name to Bengals Trojan, and then starting the first one...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 02:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would have thought they go Matt Moore at backup qb.  Perhaps Barkley will just be a camp qb unless he shows something

The only thing Matt Barkley has shown so far is that he's a bad NFL QB. If this is their legitimate backup qb plan I can't possibly fathom why they would have care about keeping McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 02:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would have thought they go Matt Moore at backup qb. Perhaps Barkley will just be a camp qb unless he shows something

I thought they would go Moore too, but Barkley also made sense due to familiarity with Lazor. I wouldn’t rule out a QB on Day 3 of the draft still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I actually like this signing.

I rolled my eyes when Hobson first mentioned Barkley a month or two ago.

He came into the league with a shoulder issue that could have effected his arm strength. But is only 27 and should have had a chance to keep working on it.

He played for a terrible bears team. And actually has a few 300 yard games.

As far as a CHEAP veteran backup go getting a 27 year old with starting experience isnt a bad get. This guy was once thought to be a potential first rounder. If Keenum and Mccown can turn into serviceable starters maybe Barkley has it in him.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 02:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would have thought they go Matt Moore at backup qb.  Perhaps Barkley will just be a camp qb unless he shows something

Let's keep a good thought that this turns out to be exactly the case. The draft will clarify their thinking on this most likely. Driskell just may turn into a decent backup also.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Uh..... Didn't Tez call out Barkley back in college days on National TV?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 12:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I sure liked having AJ McCarron on the sideline but Matt Barkley will be a serviceable replacement. The Bengals certainly didn’t accept a downgrade at backup.

Huh? Barkley has a terrible turnover rate, and a noodle arm. Better off to roll with Driskel and draft another guy (a la Mike White, Lauletta, etc.) in mid rounds. Zero upside with Barkley.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 02:42 PM)Yogo Wrote: Uh..... Didn't Tez call out Barkley back in college days on National TV?

[Image: Vontaze_Burfict-593x356.jpg]
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 12:48 PM)McC Wrote: QB's always get the best babes, even if they do sukk.

I agree....the best babes are ALWAYS the ones that sukk.
Reply/Quote