Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Barkley Released
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/12/17851964/bengals-part-ways-with-injured-qb-matt-barkley-terminate-contract-injured-reserve-settlement
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 05:29 PM)cinci4life Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/12/17851964/bengals-part-ways-with-injured-qb-matt-barkley-terminate-contract-injured-reserve-settlement

Makes sense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
There goes our chances to win the Super bowl.. I know everyone who was anyone was counting on Barkley to be the SBMVP.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Oh well, not good for Barkley, but smart decision by the team.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh well, not good for Barkley, but smart decision by the team.

....Because we have that real stud Hackenburg in the wings.. You know you have a regular man crush on him Dawg.. admit it..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm not real sure why they brought him in to begin with sooo
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 07:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not real sure why they brought him in to begin with sooo

He showed some good talent towards the end before getting injured. Didn’t get backup confidence but was pretty good against scrubs.

Reply/Quote
I actually thought he was already gone.
Reply/Quote
I guess his injury wasn't as bad as we thought. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
so... how much $$$$ is his IR settlement. That's what I want to know.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 12:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I guess his injury wasn't as bad as we thought. 

I will let it go because I didn't know why we kept him after week 1 preseason. 

I hope he does well but, to be honest he doesn't belong in the NFL. He has the HEART to play just not the skill set.
Look at his completion to TD ratio. PAY ME FOR BRINGING IN TALENT LIKE THAT MAN!

Sorry as an analyst, I call it like I see it.

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 10:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He showed some good talent towards the end before getting injured. Didn’t get backup confidence but was pretty good against scrubs.

AGAIN look at his stats. He shouldn't be in the NFL!

GO BENGALS! 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 07:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not real sure why they brought him in to begin with sooo

Made about as much sense as bringing in Hart  Whatever
Reply/Quote

Insurance in case Driskel wasn't fully recovered from injury or in case Driskel was a flash in the pan last year?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 01:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Insurance in case Driskel wasn't fully recovered from injury or in case Driskel was a flash in the pan last year?

I get that but Barkley ?

Their last three 3rd string/PS QB picks have been curious to say the least. Woodsie seems to have issues off field. Hackenberg is even worse than Barkley. I know if your 3rd string QB is in you're screwed anyways but....

You'd think they could find somebody that has a tiny bit of potential ?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 01:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get that but Barkley ?

Their last three 3rd string/PS QB picks have been curious to say the least. Woodsie seems to have issues off field. Hackenberg is even worse than Barkley. I know if your 3rd string QB is in you're screwed anyways but....

You'd think they could find somebody that has a tiny bit of potential ?

As much of a nice offseason the general consensus believes we had (letting PA walk and hiring Pollack as his replacement, hiring van pelt, acquiring Cordy Glenn, letting Bodine walk, etc)... The signings of Hart, Barkley and picking up Og's option were... Well, frankly they were idiotic moves. 

Barkley and (especially) Hart have no business being on any NFL roster, in any capacity. I know a bunch of us were hoping Pollack could save Og but with the training camp Og had, that's clearly not happening. 
Reply/Quote

Vet familiar with the system, standard move.  
Reply/Quote