Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Push to Stunt children's growth in the name of climate change
http://louderwithcrowder.com/ridiculous-professor-says-tall-people-are-killing-the-planet-suggests-we-stunt-childrens-growth/

Quote:Professor Matthew Liao wants to use hormonal supplements to make your children smaller… because that would be hugely beneficial for the planet. Liao’s theory is shrinking humans would help fight climate change since “larger people consume more energy than smaller people.” It’s a new era of midgets. No more tall privilege.

Quote:“Other things being equal larger people consume more energy than smaller people. They also, for example, take more energy to transport larger people. They — you need more clothes — fabrics to clothes larger people rather than smaller people. They wear out shoes, carpets, et cetera, et cetera more than smaller people. So think of the life time carbon footprints. That’s quite a lot.”

Totally unnecessary and I get the feeling this guy just wants attention. The best way to limit climate change would be to do exactly what climate scientists have been telling us to do for years and years, not genetically alter our children.
I say do it.

Then we will be impressed because only elite athletes will be able to dunk, instead of all the giants on the court.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2015, 10:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I say do it.

Then we will be impressed because only elite athletes will be able to dunk, instead of all the giants on the court.

Are there rules against performance-reducing drugs though?
(10-10-2015, 10:02 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The best way to limit climate change would be to do exactly what climate scientists have been telling us to do for years and years

Hmmm....seems like that might be kind of like letting astrologists build rockets.
(10-11-2015, 02:10 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Hmmm....seems like that might be kind of like letting astrologists build rockets.

I'll admit that I'm completely stumped by this.

What are you talking about?
(10-11-2015, 05:31 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'll admit that I'm completely stumped by this.

What are you talking about?

Do you think their study of the stars qualifies astrologists to design rockets? 

I mean, horoscopes have probably been more accurate than the predictions of climate science.  So should astrologists be setting policy about how to travel and explore space?
(10-11-2015, 06:07 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Do you think their study of the stars qualifies astrologists to design rockets? 

I mean, horoscopes have probably been more accurate than the predictions of climate science.  So should astrologists be setting policy about how to travel and explore space?

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

9/10

All you needed to do was link to a "study" done by a fossil fuel industry front group to finish things off.