Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Hennessy
Hey
I was looking at IOL for the Bengals and came across this small school gem that was rated #1 at Center, yes better than Biadasz.
His name is Matt Hennessy from Temple.

Has anyone watched any games of this kid? Not sure on the metrics but I believe it was PFF and he was rated in 90s. I think Bengals need two IOL this draft. Jordan has improved but is a backup and Price is not working. Miller is too inconsistent.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
#1, Temple hasn't been a small school for almost a decade now.
#2, We need OT before OG.

Much easier to get a good guard in FA than a T.

Furthermore, Miller isn't inconsistent.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Living in the Philadelphia area, I've seen Hennessy play a few times. I'm no NFL scout, but he looks like a pretty solid player. Temple's run game was much better than expected this year, and Hennessy was a large part of that. He was certainly thought to be the best player on their line, although the strength of that line was the interior (Ds mostly attacked the outside). I think he's gonna play in the Senior Bowl, so it will be interesting to see how he fares against better competition. I don't think he's better than Biadasz or Humphrey, but again, not a scout ...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 10:24 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: #1, Temple hasn't been a small school for almost a decade now.
#2, We need OT before OG.

Much easier to get a good guard in FA than a T.

Furthermore, Miller isn't inconsistent.

I agree with all of this except for the first point.
Temple is in the American Conference, which isn't a Power 5 conference. The OP could have meant that a small school is a non-Power 5 team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree with all of this except for the first point.
Temple is in the American Conference, which isn't a Power 5 conference. The OP could have meant that a small school is a non-Power 5 team.

Not power 5, but indeed Division 1.

Houston, UCF, Cincinnati, USF are NOT small schools lol, especially with what they've accomplished in the past 5 years, rankings-wise and all AND the NFL talent they've produced.

I liked it better when it was the Big East Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not sure on what metric but Hennessy was rated the highest OL in the country.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Yeah he’s been my love for a little bit he always goes so early
Reply/Quote