Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Moore as QB2?
I wouldn’t mind bringing him in to compete with Finley and Dolegala. He was solid for KC last season when Mahomes got hurt, and even won them a game. Plus Taylor knows him from Miami. He’d also be a bargain if we can get him for around what he made in KC.

Thoughts on Moore as the backup?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I assume that was a different "free agent Matt Moore" who signed with the SoftBank Hawks of Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball league?

The QB Matt Moore seems like a good possibility because he played for the Dolphins when Zac was there.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t mind bringing him in to compete with Finley and Dolegala. He was solid for KC last season when Mahomes got hurt, and even won them a game. Plus Taylor knows him from Miami. He’d also be a bargain if we can get him for around what he made in KC.

If the goal is for him never to win a game for us if needed, why not just stick with 2nd year guy Finley or Jake?

None are that good so why waste the cap space and pray Joe stays healthy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If the goal is for him never to win a game for us if needed, why not just stick with 2nd year guy Finley or Jake?

So the whole mentoring and helping out the rookie only matters if it's Andy Dalton doing it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Matt Moore, Josh McCown (if he’s healthy), Trevor Simien, Joe Flacco (if he’s willing to be a backup though idk)
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:56 AM)McC Wrote: So the whole mentoring and helping out the rookie only matters if it's Andy Dalton doing it?

Wrong guy. I never harped on mentoring, I mentioned competing. Troll someone else

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If the goal is for him never to win a game for us if needed, why not just stick with 2nd year guy Finley or Jake?

Wtf are you talking about? He literally just went 1-1 for KC last year, and played pretty well.

You really need to take a deep breath, and calm down about all this. You will get over Dalton someday.

Reply/Quote
Moore is a FA and he's decent and a system guy...seems obvious but I don't know everything about the guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If the goal is for him never to win a game for us if needed, 

Who said anything like that?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I assume that was a different "free agent Matt Moore" who signed with the SoftBank Hawks of Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball league?

The QB Matt Moore seems like a good possibility because he played for the Dolphins when Zac was there.

He's finally giving up on the MLB, huh?

Never have I seen such a precipitous drop in the majors, from one year to the next. Meltdowns happen, sure, but he was a front-runner for Cy Young, then posted HORRIFIC numbers for multiple years, now is in Japan.

Fukuoka needs pitchers, so maybe he has a resurgence?

(04-30-2020, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t mind bringing him in to compete with Finley and Dolegala. He was solid for KC last season when Mahomes got hurt, and even won them a game. Plus Taylor knows him from Miami. He’d also be a bargain if we can get him for around what he made in KC.

I think what you wrote yesterday in another thread is what will happen; we will roll with Finley or Dolegala, for next year.

Unless he completely blows up ala Burrow, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Myles Brennan, in the next year or two (guessing 2), though that may start an un-needed controversy...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wtf are you talking about? He literally just went 1-1 for KC last year, and played pretty well.

You really need to take a deep breath, and calm down about all this. You will get over Dalton someday.

LOL

1-1 for best offense and Super bowl champs

Spare me, the guy is not good

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who said anything like that?

I did

My opinion is our back up QB is our 2nd year guys or Matt Moore

My opinion Moore is a big waste of money, spend it on someone to help us win games

Finley is close to Moore as he gets more experience so pay him peanuts to be QB2 and spend money somewhere else

Bottom line, neither gives me confidence we win if Burrow gets hurt

Reply/Quote
They don't seem to be concerned with the coaches being former "qb's". Ideally they'd get some vet in here. At least until we know if there will be a season and how that is going to look. No preseason/training camp or offseason workouts is going to be tough for a rookie to adapt and adjust to.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did

My opinion Moore is a big waste of money, spend it on someone to help us win games

Finley is close to Moore as he gets more experience so pay him peanuts to be QB2 and spend money somewhere else

Now I am really confused.  YOU think the role of the back up QB is to NOT win a game when we need him?

BTW I see a huge difference between Matt Moore and Ryan Finley.

Matt Moore has a .500 career record as a starter, and last year posted a passer rating over 100 in 6 games (2 starts) while Finley has never won a single game and had a rating of 62.1 last year.
Reply/Quote
I'd like a deep veteran somewhere. Even below .500 guys can help a QB. They know, they've been there, they speak the same language. While the physical talent may not be there, the mental can be. Even as a QB#3
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

1-1 for best offense and Super bowl champs

Spare me, the guy is not good

He’s a backup. You’re really losing it...

He did exactly what a backup is supposed to do last season. He came off the bench and played well enough to win a game. And the game he lost was by one score to the 13-3 Packers in which he had 2 TD 0 INT and 107.1 rating.

Reply/Quote

Moore cost 1m last season. Lol

Who you signing with that to “help win games?”

Reply/Quote
I'd be for bringing any veteran in really. Honestly, the only thing Finley showed me last year is that he doesn't really belong in the league. His arm strength made Dalton look like Brett Favre.

I view Dolegala as more of a possible QB2 than I do Finley. Bring in a veteran to compete with Dolegala for the QB2 spot.
Reply/Quote

You watch a different NFL than I do.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You watch a different NFL than I do.

Yeah, when Ryan Finley has won 16 games in the NFL, and proves he can overcome a noodle for an arm let me know...

Reply/Quote