Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Moore as QB2?
(05-02-2020, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how all the "experts" around here watched Finley play in preseason and called for the Bengals to give him a shot in the regular season to see if he was starter material.  Now they all agree his arm is too weak to even be a backup.

Can any of you all explain what happened to his arm between pre-season and the regular season games he started?

I don't think it was so much based off preseason as much as it was the fact Andy -+ while still a decent QB-- is getting toward the end of his career. We were going to have to do something, so being on a several game skid, it was a good time to see what we had in the backup.

We didn't see much.

So it's not so much about anything changing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t mind bringing him in to compete with Finley and Dolegala. He was solid for KC last season when Mahomes got hurt, and even won them a game. Plus Taylor knows him from Miami. He’d also be a bargain if we can get him for around what he made in KC.

Thoughts on Moore as the backup?

Haven't commented on this thread yet Nicomo as you already know how I feel. Want this guy as our backup to Burrow.

We will see if Zac feels the same, if he doesn't he must have reasons as he worked with him as you note in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 09:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haven't commented on this thread yet Nicomo as you already know how I feel. Want this guy as our backup to Burrow.

We will see if Zac feels the same, if he doesn't he must have reasons as he worked with him as you note in Miami.

How about Alex Smith? is he still playing?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 02:56 PM)The Clapp Wrote: How about Alex Smith? is he still playing?

He would be absolutely insane to ever play again. You see what his leg looked like??

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 09:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He would be absolutely insane to ever play again. You see what his leg looked like??

It's like a caricature of a leg.

The Redskins have already offered him a high level front office job too.  And he's 36.  But sitting at a desk is a poor substitute to a guy who wants to be on the field.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Zac said they are set at QB so unless circumstances change Finley and Dolegala are the backups

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 09:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He would be absolutely insane to ever play again. You see what his leg looked like??

(05-08-2020, 07:01 PM)McC Wrote: It's like a caricature of a leg.

The Redskins have already offered him a high level front office job too.  And he's 36.  But sitting at a desk is a poor substitute to a guy who wants to be on the field.

Feel for Alex man, he was a good QB and that was a terrible injury to behold.
Reply/Quote