Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Moore as QB2?
(04-30-2020, 12:59 PM)Fullrock Wrote: I'd be for bringing any veteran in really. Honestly, the only thing Finley showed me last year is that he doesn't really belong in the league. His arm strength made Dalton look like Brett Favre.

I view Dolegala as more of a possible QB2 than I do Finley. Bring in a veteran to compete with Dolegala for the QB2 spot.

Me 2 !

Finley showed absolutely nothing last season that makes me believe he's an NFL caliber QB. I'd cut him and bring in Matt Moore or somebody and let whoever and Dolegala battle it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bringing in a system vet FA to help a rookie starter is an industry-standard move. Just do that.

This is a no-brainer follow up to drafting Burrow and cutting Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Matt Moore is a perfict fit here for a backup.

Not only is he significantly better than what we currently have in Finley, there's so much more that comes with the role when you have a rookie QB entering the league. And mentorships extends well beyond simple X's and O's.

There's a reason this guy has stuck around so long. Better arm talents come and go in this league all of the time, with careers spanning less than half of Moore's.

The answer to why that is is exactly why he would make such a great guy to have in the QB room with Joe.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bringing in a system vet FA to help a rookie starter is an industry-standard move. Just do that.

This is a no-brainer follow up to drafting Burrow and cutting Dalton.

Yep.  Palmer had one and so did Dalton.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:17 PM)McC Wrote: Yep.  Palmer had one and so did Dalton.  

It is a FA-based investment in Burrow.  It's football 101.  Indeed.
Reply/Quote
I’m cheering for Dolegala.I think he has a lot of potential.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I’m cheering for Dolegala.I think he has a lot of potential.

He has the size and the big arm, but other than that he’s a complete unknown. I think we need to bring in someone to compete for the spot. If Dolegala beats out Moore (or whoever) great.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:57 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Josh McCown (if he’s healthy), 

Can't believe this guy is still playing.  He has to have some type of value in the lockerroom/film room.

He is so old he backed up Jeff Blake with the Cardinals.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't believe this guy is still playing.  He has to have some type of value in the lockerroom/film room.

He is so old he backed up Jeff Blake with the Cardinals.

We might be the last team he hasn't played for so he might be interested.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
McCown could probably coach the coaches. He'd be older than most of them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
McCown was OK with the Eagles last year. I'd like to bring in a vet, but would rather have Flacco than Moore.
Reply/Quote
Gimme Joe Flacco. Shouldn't ask for much as Denver's still paying $13 MIL and has experience at the highest levels. Hell, he still might even be able to tell us a little about Pittsburgh.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Matt Moore would be my first choice as a backup, I think we really need a #2 with some experience on the roster for nothing else than a grizzly vet that's been there before. I would let Finley/Dolegala duke it out for the #3 QB spot, with the loser to the practice squad. If not Moore than others I like are:

1) Blake Bortles- probably too expensive, but would be ideal former top prospect.

2) Joe Flacco- this might be his chance to get back at the Ravens, and would be like an extra QB coach!!

3) Andy Dalton- mentor role, obviously a reduced salary, but respected.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I think Flacco was a bit gruff during his time with the Broncos and didn't come across a the supportive backup QB.

Hard pass on Flacco.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:09 PM)shanebo Wrote: McCown was OK with the Eagles last year. I'd like to bring in a vet, but would rather have Flacco than Moore.

Is he even healthy? Went on IR last year with a herniated disc in his neck.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is he even healthy? Went on IR last year with a herniated disc in his neck.

Seems like in all too many instances, a neck injury is a ticket out of the game.  There are are exceptions but not many and none of them are 40 years old.  He's not listed as retired but he probably should be.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:56 PM)McC Wrote: Seems like in all too many instances, a neck injury is a ticket out of the game.  There are are exceptions but not many and none of them are 40 years old.  He's not listed as retired but he probably should be.

All the stuff with his neck sure gave Peyton fits.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All the stuff with his neck sure gave Peyton fits.

Yep.  Took what, two or three years to come back from?  And a neck issue just made the NE FB retire.

I got whiplash twenty five years ago and it's never been the same ever since.  And that was just from a fender bender.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Eh, I think Flacco was a bit gruff during his time with the Broncos and didn't come across a the supportive backup QB.

Hard pass on Flacco.

He may change his tune now that his starting career is done, but the guy has made statements about not wanting to be a mentor.  He has aired complaints with his role on teams and his coaches through the media in the past two years.  He does more complaining than coaching or winning now. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t mind bringing him in to compete with Finley and Dolegala. He was solid for KC last season when Mahomes got hurt, and even won them a game. Plus Taylor knows him from Miami. He’d also be a bargain if we can get him for around what he made in KC.

Thoughts on Moore as the backup?

Cheap, experienced vet that just played decent as a starter the year before? Sign me up.
Reply/Quote