Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Raich hired as assistant DL coach
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Another coach with ties to Pittsburgh. Ugh.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Austin got his guy, need to know more about Raich though as i know nothing about him.

Maybe he can help teach our D-line to stop the run better?

My only problem with Burney is how poor we were at stopping the run.

Specifically my guy Billings, i thought he would be much better even coming off of injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Another coach with ties to Pittsburgh. Ugh.

I bet you didn't know that Merv is 8-23 against Pittsburgh. Well, it's true. He is.  Although he is 9-22 when he plays against them on Madden. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I bet you didn't know that Merv is 8-23 against Pittsburgh. Well, it's true. He is.  Although he is 9-22 when he plays against them on Madden. Mellow

He lays down against Pittsburgh. I swear it doesn't even seem he tries sometimes. I think they, and everyone who is /has been a part of that organization is part of a occult that is forever souled to its cause.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He lays down against Pittsburgh. I swear it doesn't even seem he tries sometimes. I think they, and everyone who is /has been a part of that organization is part of a occult that is forever souled to its cause.

Those pittilluminati bastids! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks like Austin got his guy, need to know more about Raich though as i know nothing about him.

Specifically my guy Billings, i thought he would be much better even coming off of injury.

Billings!!!!!

Agreed, although I think he finally started to show some progress at the end of last season. Maybe he’s just now getting back to 100% and comfortable playing against NFL players
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Billings!!!!!

Agreed, although I think he finally started to show some progress at the end of last season. Maybe he’s just now getting back to 100% and comfortable playing against NFL players

Yeah, he had a tough road after that ACL tear. To be a rookie and get slowed down by that kind of injury is tough.

Geno didn't look anything like himself the year after his ACL tear.

Luckily our guy Billings is so young and like you said he did show some progress late in the season.

Be fun to watch this guy when he becomes even somewhat of what we thought he would be.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks like Austin got his guy, need to know more about Raich though as i know nothing about him.

One way to at least slow down the run is to force teams to throw because they are behind.  I think that happened in, like, two games?  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Another coach with ties to Pittsburgh. Ugh.

Ha. I just commented about Van Pelt being from Pittsburgh. How many of our coaches are from that area now? I think it's most of the staff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How do you pronounce his last name?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 08:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How do you pronounce his last name?

Looks like "Rike" to me. Like a variation of Reich, like Frank Reich.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have had a lot of trouble developing high draft picks on the D-line.

Still and Hunt were second round picks while Green, Thompson, and Moch were all 3rd rounders.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those pittilluminati bastids! Whatever

I was actually thinking Masons when I was typing, but this is much better. Nice!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 08:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ha. I just commented about Van Pelt being from Pittsburgh. How many of our coaches are from that area now? I think it's most of the staff.

It would probably be more difficult to find those that are not Rooney ex's than not?

Reply/Quote
Personally, I like it just because of fresh blood in here and familiarity with Austin's style.

He likes to bring pressure and he likes rotating the defensive line to keep guys fresh, which, outside of Geno, I think we need to do and Marvin has a history of not rotating guys in to keep guys fresh and playing guys just based off of expectations.

I'm liking this and hope that he brings all kinds of stunts and pressures and just brings a new, energetic philosophy to the defensive line.

More cleaning house that I can get on board with!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: One way to at least slow down the run is to force teams to throw because they are behind.  I think that happened in, like, two games?  

For sure, i have been hating on the run Defense a lot but this is a great point. The Offense was terrible last year cause of
the O-line and Marv's 2nd half adjustments, with Pollack here and Lazor having a whole Offseason it should improve tho.

If we can run the ball when we are up in the 2nd half, maybe Marv's shitty play not to lose way might even work.

Who knows.

(01-12-2018, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was actually thinking Masons when I was typing, but this is much better. Nice!

Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, i have been hating on the run Defense a lot but this is a great point. The Offense was terrible last year cause of
the O-line and Marv's 2nd half adjustments, with Pollack here and Lazor having a whole Offseason it should improve tho.

If we can run the ball when we are up in the 2nd half, maybe Marv's shitty play not to lose way might even work.

Who knows.

Cool

^^^^ This... Hope the new oline coach can help the run enough so its not 3 and out when we try to run. If we do play more aggressive on offense. Then we should come out in the second half looking to put points up and not just protect a two touchdown advantage.
Reply/Quote
Do not know anything about him, but if Austin thinks he can help then am fine with move.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote