Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Ryan Benched
Not sure why they benched him for the season instead of seeing how the other guy does while Ryan is injured. Think the issues with this team go beyond the QB position.

This year seems to be the year of the backup. We have seen just 7 weeks in just how important the backup QB position is. If Ryan is content with being a backup come next season it would be awesome to have him here. We are absolutely done if Burrow goes down.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 08:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Not sure why they benched him for the season instead of seeing how the other guy does while Ryan is injured. Think the issues with this team go beyond the QB position.

This year seems to be the year of the backup. We have seen just 7 weeks in just how important the backup QB position is. If Ryan is content with being a backup come next season it would be awesome to have him here. We are absolutely done if Burrow goes down.

I disagree on your assumption we are done without Burrow, there is so much parity and injuries that keep teams close plus I believe we have the best WR core in the league and a top 10 defense that can keep us in games. Of course it would be a major loss for us but really Allen has not played with our top end talent much at all.  As for Ryan, he will ask for too much $$ for a backup and i think he is a scapegoat for the HC .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree on your assumption we are done without Burrow, there is so much parity and injuries that keep teams close plus I believe we have the best WR core in the league and a top 10 defense that can keep us in games. Of course it would be a major loss for us but really Allen has not played with our top end talent much at all.  As for Ryan, he will ask for too much $$ for a backup and i think he is a scapegoat for the HC .

Allen played with our top end talent in 2020... He sucked. He played with Ja'Marr in the preseason last year. Ja'Marr didn't have a catch. We're in serious trouble if Brandon Allen takes over the reins... Some teams can get away with trotting out a Bailey Zappe. We're not one of em.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately the era of lack of patience at the QB position has hit the NFL. QB's have a bad game once and a while. Now it's next man up. Burrow had some bad days this year, but now he is coming around to his normal self.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Barring a miracle, I think Irsay is going to clean house after the season. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 08:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Not sure why they benched him for the season instead of seeing how the other guy does while Ryan is injured. Think the issues with this team go beyond the QB position.

Ryan has been pretty bad this year, and I was really expecting to see him do well. Even Carson Wentz did not so bad on this team last year.

I'd rather have a Nick Foles at #2 who is apparently 3rd string as he is backing up Ehlringer this coming week. I'd probably also take a Joe Flacco as he played not too bad and looked better than Wilson has despite them continuing to win.
Reply/Quote

Due to matt Ryans Contract if hes hurt his next year salary is gaurenteed at a high level than just the base gaurentee they will already owe him.. It seems they already made the decision hes not the guy moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 10:33 PM)jason Wrote: Allen played with our top end talent in 2020... He sucked. He played with Ja'Marr in the preseason last year. Ja'Marr didn't have a catch. We're in serious trouble if Brandon Allen takes over the reins... Some teams can get away with trotting out a Bailey Zappe. We're not one of em.

I’m with you on this. If the Bengals had a credible rushing attack the quality of the backup quarterback wouldn’t be so critical.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:19 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Ryan has been pretty bad this year, and I was really expecting to see him do well. Even Carson Wentz did not so bad on this team last year.

I'd rather have a Nick Foles at #2 who is apparently 3rd string as he is backing up Ehlringer this coming week. I'd probably also take a Joe Flacco as he played not too bad and looked better than Wilson has despite them continuing to win.

How is Nick Foles a #3 anywhere. What a shame. Can we get him to replace Allen?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 09:07 PM)Whacked Wrote: How is Nick Foles a #3 anywhere. What a shame. Can we get him to replace Allen?

Burrow and Zac love Allen. I'm pretty sure he'll be offered a 1 year deal every offseason until he doesn't want to be here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Burrow and Zac love Allen. I'm pretty sure he'll be offered a 1 year deal every offseason until he doesn't want to be here.

Not good
Reply/Quote
Indianapolis is becoming a place old quarterbacks go to die (Rivers, Ryan).
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 01:24 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Barring a miracle, I think Irsay is going to clean house after the season. 

Yep

Matt Ryan is a lot closer to the end of his career than the beginning. They're already viewing this as a lost season so they're just going to see what they have with Ehlinger and decide if they're going to be in the QB market or not.

Not a bad plan all things considered.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 09:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Matt Ryan is a lot closer to the end of his career than the beginning. They're already viewing this as a lost season so they're just going to see what they have with Ehlinger and decide if they're going to be in the QB market or not.

Not a bad plan all things considered.

They're 3-3-1 punting on this season seems  very odd. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:09 PM)J24 Wrote: They're 3-3-1 punting on this season seems  very odd. 

They arent giving up on the Season so much as they are giving up on Matt Ryan.... and for good reasons

1. He's not playing well.   5 INTS  11 fumbles (in 5 games) 
2. They know he wont be their QB next year... (moving on)
3.  IF he gets hurt and is still injured next year they have to eat more money being guaranteed to him

at least they didnt pay as much as denver did for Russ
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:09 PM)J24 Wrote: They're 3-3-1 punting on this season seems  very odd. 

They know facing reality they're a bubble playoff team at the very best if they get really lucky?

(10-26-2022, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They arent giving up on the Season so much as they are giving up on Matt Ryan.... and for good reasons

3.  IF he gets hurt and is still injured next year they have to eat more money being guaranteed to him

Right
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They arent giving up on the Season so much as they are giving up on Matt Ryan.... and for good reasons

Fair Enough 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote