Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Wilson to the Broncos
(03-08-2022, 03:50 PM)J24 Wrote: We have to see what they gave up a ton of draft Capital + Players is going to hurt them. Getting Wilson does improve their team though.

They gave up 2 1's  2 2's a 5th Drew Lock Noah Fant and a defensive player
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 04:59 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Elaborate please.  Even last year he posted another great season 25tds to 6int and is still a top 10 QB.  He may well be the 3rd best in that division,  but its stacked. Should the broncos have just sat on their hands?  He is only 33 and has 3-5 years ahead of him.

I agree, the Broncos just became instant contenders.  They have some exciting young talent, a stingy defense, and now a QB that's been there before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 06:21 PM)pulses Wrote: They gave up 2 1's  2 2's a 5th Drew Lock Noah Fant and a defensive player

2 firsts and 2 seconds are = to 4 starters
Lock is meh, Fant is a nice young player, and Shelby is a quality DT. 

My thing is yes you get Wilson (who is a great QB )but its gonna be hard to add talent in future years.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Can’t wait to see what we can get for burrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Better be an immediate performance as they won't have early picks for a few years. Budget will be spent paying Wilson and a few others and they will have to rely on diamond in the rough draft picks or bargain basement free agents.

Think they can do what the Bucs did with Brady and what they previously did with Payton Manning. Don't see it happening. Seattle about to feast, though. Several bites at the draft apple or the capital to trade picks for players/additional picks.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I think this is a trade that benefits both sides. Seattle is rebuilding and Denver wants to go for the Super Bowl now. Denver will probably make the playoffs but I don't see them beating the Chiefs or my beloved Bengals.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 06:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Can’t wait to see what we can get for burrow

Please don't speak this into the world...
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 06:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Can’t wait to see what we can get for burrow

[Image: why-would-you-even-say-that-really.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 08:46 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Please don't speak this into the world...

(03-08-2022, 09:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: why-would-you-even-say-that-really.gif]

Relax. My ninja emoji didn't take
Reply/Quote
Noah Fant being part of the trade would hurt, but yeah you gotta think the Broncos are contenders now. It's absurd how many good QB are in the AFC now. Thankfully not Rodgers too, but come on...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Denver's been trying to build up the past few years since Peyton has been gone but couldn't quite get over the hump with the QB gap (and geez did they try with a total carousel). Now they go all-in on what they feel is their last piece. It's a move not surprising for their org, seeing how highly they've valued the position and chased it. Definitely will be contenders in the AFC, but they have a tough division to get out of at the moment, and 6 games against those teams. AFCW games should be fun this year!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 12:37 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Denver's been trying to build up the past few years since Peyton has been gone but couldn't quite get over the hump with the QB gap (and geez did they try with a total carousel).  Now they go all-in on what they feel is their last piece.  It's a move not surprising for their org, seeing how highly they've valued the position and chased it.  Definitely will be contenders in the AFC, but they have a tough division to get out of at the moment, and 6 games against those teams.  AFCW games should be fun this year!

That's one thing I found impressive about the Broncos when I lived in CO. It's an organization vehemently committed to winning and I think their fans recognize it. Fans of many teams, in many sports, don't get to feel this way about the ownership and those tasked with running their favorite team. Denver might not always win, but the Broncos clearly go after the Super Bowl. If Wilson remains healthy, the Broncos are competing for a title.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's one thing I found impressive about the Broncos when I lived in CO. It's an organization vehemently committed to winning and I think their fans recognize it. Fans of many teams, in many sports, don't get to feel this way about the ownership and those tasked with running their favorite team. Denver might not always win, but the Broncos clearly go after the Super Bowl. If Wilson remains healthy, the Broncos are competing for a title.

True.  And it almost seems like the approach of building as much as you can, going all in for a couple year run and then spending 5 years recouping/rebuilding again is the modern NFL approach with salary cap and FA.  And fans don't seem to mind the down years in between if the team is really committed on making an immediate run every few years.  Fans have been restless the past year or two here, but they'll be excited now (and should be).  It's a roller coaster, but I just don't think a sustained "dynasty" is an option any more in the league. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 02:01 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: True.  And it almost seems like the approach of building as much as you can, going all in for a couple year run and then spending 5 years recouping/rebuilding again is the modern NFL approach with salary cap and FA.  And fans don't seem to mind the down years in between if the team is really committed on making an immediate run every few years.  Fans have been restless the past year or two here, but they'll be excited now (and should be).  It's a roller coaster, but I just don't think a sustained "dynasty" is an option any more in the league. 

I bet Broncos nation is excited. Going from Manning to Osweiler, Siemian, Keenum, Lock, and other QBs was a major let down. Now, they have another elite, Super Bowl winning QB in Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 06:21 PM)pulses Wrote: They gave up 2 1's  2 2's a 5th Drew Lock Noah Fant and a defensive player

That is a crazy trade right there. Drew Lock is a throw in like the Lions getting Goff in the the Stafford trade so no real consequence but Fant is good. Denver bet the farm. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 10:19 PM)edindetroit Wrote: That is a crazy trade right there. Drew Lock is a throw in like the Lions getting Goff in the the Stafford trade so no real consequence but Fant is good. Denver bet the farm. 
Yes they sure did.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 10:19 PM)edindetroit Wrote: That is a crazy trade right there. Drew Lock is a throw in like the Lions getting Goff in the the Stafford trade so no real consequence but Fant is good. Denver bet the farm. 

Starting to look like Denver is going to lose the farm. 
Reply/Quote
Wilson definitely a flop. Denver in trouble long term.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Right now Wilson is playing the worst QB in the league, but I just don't believe he is that bad. If he is he should have retired.

What Denver needs to do is restyle their offense to fit Wilson's strengths more.
Reply/Quote
I think Denver was hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again like they did with Manning just being that last piece to push them over the edge. But it's not been what anyone expected. Thankfully I have a winner to cheer for and don't have to share that misery!
Reply/Quote