Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maualuga Released
It was time.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-cut-Maualuga/38eb6a5a-bf6b-45f3-adf5-79da76b97c23
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Per Hobsin and Dehner Jr, Bengals have released Rey.
Reply/Quote
Folks are going to have a hard time finding something to bytch about with this one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It's sad we have to get excited about the team making such a basic, sensical, business decision like this.

But alas. It's the right move and not doing so would have been very bengalesq.

I'll call it a win. But on any respectable team, it would just be the way things get done
Reply/Quote
The moment we have all been waiting for!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are going to have a hard time finding something to bytch about with this one.

He never should have been on the team to begin with. The contract he was on was crappy. He had the 6th highest cap hit among all inside/middle LBs in 2015!

Your welcome. Smirk

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are going to have a hard time finding something to bytch about with this one.

And............

(03-25-2017, 04:23 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: It's sad we have to get excited about the team making such a basic, sensical, business decision like this.

But alas. It's the right move and not doing so would have been very bengalesq.  

I'll call it a win.  But on any respectable team, it would just be the way things get done

........It took 4 minutes for them to find something.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Many will be happy over this. Neutral myself.

He did toss me a football after the Bengals beat the steelers in his rookie year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
About time. Sorry Rey but you're lazy and love to give up on plays. It's time...

He'll be a Viking soon. Hopefully for his sake Zimmer can light a fire under his ass
Reply/Quote

This is what finally unites us.

[Image: unity.jpg]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Dammit! How could they cut RM? I'm filing a complaint with the league about this. 
There..now someone complained .
Of course I'm happy, but dammit. Someone has to complain or it just wouldn't be Jungle Noise now would it? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Inevitable when Minter came on board. You can see they are wanting linebackers able to play three downs, and even in his prime Rey was not one of them.
Reply/Quote
Rey M was part of one of the best defenses in the past decade under Zim, so give him props where it's due. That said this is the right move and I hope he catches on somewhere if he still has some gas in the tank.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Yes finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
When they kept moving him around to different spots, and told him not to think... that was when he should have been cut.

That was multiple seasons ago BTW.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:57 PM)treee Wrote: Rey M was part of one of the best defenses in the past decade under Zim, so give him props where it's due. That said this is the right move and I hope he catches on somewhere if he still has some gas in the tank.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

True! He put in his time, had some success, and now we move forward. Thanks for your service, Rey!

I have a hunch our defense is going to be a fun bunch to watch this year. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Many will be happy over this. Neutral myself.

He did toss me a football after the Bengals beat the steelers in his rookie year.

Not so much happy but they should have found a better replacement over the years.

His PT has diminished so much over the years it shouldn't be much of an impact.

Let's just hope a step in the right direction.

I think Rey is probably a pretty cool and funny dude.  Just like Peko.  Nothing against these guy's personalities.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wanted the Bengals to draft him sooooo bad. He just never was able to be an all around backer. He stoned alot of lineman in their tracks allowing Vontaze and others to run freely in his time here though. He did that as good as any lb in the league. Hope his body isn't screwed for life. Thanks for the memories Rey Rey.
Reply/Quote
Thank you Jesus! And for those non religious folks, Rey's no longer in our thoughts.

Reply/Quote
Excellent move. All the best to Rey, wherever he may land.
Reply/Quote