Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maualuga Released
(03-30-2017, 05:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Lee Johnson (got him dismissed from the team), Carl Pickens, Terrell Owens...."it all starts at the top", Boomer Esiason wanted a trade....in fact, Palmer never said a bad word about the Bengals, he just remained silent.  I'm probably forgetting a few myself.

Wasn't Jonathan Joseph one of the most vocal about the cheapness of the team?

Regardless to what has been said aren't those old pictures of Mike & Katie?

Some of the richest people don't dress sharply... ever.  Just take a look at Bill Gates or even Warren Buffett.

I have known a few in my life and even if their clothes were tailored you'd probably thought they shopped at Walmart anyways.

Not defending Mikey and his cheapness but clothing and lack of style is not out of the norm for even the most wealthy of people.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Off the top of my head:

Carson, Boomer both asked for trades. Corey Dillon threw his equipment into the stands after the final game of the 2003 season. Chad asked for a trade prior to 2008. TJ didn't re-sign with us after 2008 and made a few snide remarks after he left. Takeo Spikes ripped us a new one as well. Dan Wilkinson ripped the city and Mike Brown apart before he was sent to the Redskins... I'm sure there's more I can't think of and I'm sure there will be even now in the not-so-distant future 

(03-30-2017, 05:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Lee Johnson (got him dismissed from the team), Carl Pickens, Terrell Owens...."it all starts at the top", Boomer Esiason wanted a trade....in fact, Palmer never said a bad word about the Bengals, he just remained silent.  I'm probably forgetting a few myself.

(03-31-2017, 06:04 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Wasn't Jonathan Joseph one of the most vocal about the cheapness of the team?

Good job guys. Then you have the letter that guys like Wilcots and Lapham (and several others) wrote to Mike Brown, pleading with him to hire a GM back in 2002ish. Then you have multiple accounts of Mike's cheapness through the years, players complaining about practicing in the elements, yada yada. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote