Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maualuga Released
Great, now we are out of Pacific Islanders. What's Fui Vakapuna doing?.... Get him on the horn
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Funny. He's been working out a SHITLOAD on IG and he literally looked like he did in 2009. I thought all along, "man, if they cut him, it'll all be for nothing." Alas, it was indeed, all for nought.

Oh well, solid contributor for years, love the guy.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If anyone knows how to reach out to him, I would love to hire Rey as a cheap driver/bodyguard!
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are going to have a hard time finding something to bytch about with this one.

Yep. The 3rd post in this thread was a giant rey of sunshine.

You stay positive now.  
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He gave us some good years and put in time with the community. I wish him luck in the future and thank him for representing Cincinnati well.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good move. I've never been a Rey basher, but he's washed up.

Now use the money saved to help strengthen a weakness.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I bet he would be a stud in a 3-4 where you could hide his deficiencies a little more
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 05:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good move. I've never been a Rey basher, but he's washed up.

Now use the money saved to help strengthen a weakness.
I think he could still help against the run game for some of the more deficient defenses in the NFL but this shows we're dedicated to having one of the best D's again (which has been a common theme for each time we've made the playoffs lately).

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Finally! It truly is the end of an era though. A lot of young fresh faces. Rey will probably reunite with Zimmer in Minnesota.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Good now take that money and sign Mangold
Reply/Quote
Good luck to him and thanks for the 8 seasons in stripes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wish him the best of luck, I always liked Maualuga, he was great against the run.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Rey was real good going downhill at one time .then he started to arm tackle take bad angles and completely whiff
One of the worst lbs I've seen cover the flats or cover period
Solid his 1st few yrs in the league. He became a liability and teams went at him
Thanks for time and effort Rey. May you retire healthy
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He never should have been on the team to begin with. The contract he was on was crappy. He had the 6th highest cap hit among all inside/middle LBs in 2015!

Your welcome. Smirk

That's what happens when you have no other options, because all of your "value" picks never panned out.  Anyway, thanks to Ray Maualuga for all of his contributions over the years.  He may not have been great, but I never saw a lack of effort from him.  Good luck to him, where ever he ends up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 05:28 PM)pally Wrote: He gave us some good years and put in time with the community. I wish him luck in the future and thank him for representing Cincinnati well.

My thoughts exactly....
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 05:33 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I bet he would be a stud in a 3-4 where you could hide his deficiencies a little more

Wouldn't surprise me at all. IIRC, a lot of mocks had him going to 3-4 defenses like San Diego and Baltimore for that very reason.
Reply/Quote
Good news, thought it would happen after the Minter signing.

Rey was a good run stopper in his time, wish him the best.

I was pushing for Mangold but that might be the wrong move.

If we bring in Mangold we might not draft a Center. We need to draft a Center.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't be shocked if Rey is brought back at a much lower salary. I don't see many people looking at him in FA.

Maybe Zimmer. Maybe.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 05:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not so much happy but they should have found a better replacement over the years.

His PT has diminished so much over the years it shouldn't be much of an impact.

Let's just hope a step in the right direction.

I think Rey is probably a pretty cool and funny dude.  Just like Peko.  Nothing against these guy's personalities.

Can live with this move and wish Rey the best. Does not excite or anger me. 

He could have added good depth and he is replaceable too. 

Would like to see Pacman next. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Best move they made this off season hopefully Adam Jones will be gone by the start of the season.
Reply/Quote