Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maualuga facing 10 years....
https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/Ex-Cincinnati-Bengals-USC-star-Rey-Maualuga-faces-10-year-prison-sentence-after-crash-178098417/

Dude just needs to get the alcohol out of his life.
Reply/Quote
It's really sad that he keeps making the same (or similar) mistakes over and over again. I don't know if he's ever entered rehab, but I think it would be more productive than prison time.
Reply/Quote
In before the CTE defense (which the way he played could be legit).

That's a lot of time for not killing anyone. But DD is bad and he certainly could have. Sounds like he needs more help then prison tho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 03:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: In before the CTE defense (which the way he played could be legit).

That's a lot of time for not killing anyone. But DD is bad and he certainly could have. Sounds like he needs more help then prison tho.

I'm not a CTE denier, but Maualuga has always had a drinking problem. Going back to USC. I doubt this is CTE related. He just needs AA.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
hopefully he gets whatever help he needs... even if its just a DD
Reply/Quote
Multiple convictions will eventually turn a simple DUI into a felony. Based on the allegations listed in this story he probably has felony vandalism or reckless endangerment charges. None of those probably carry anything closer to 10 years but newsstories often stack all of the possible time to make it sound as serious as possible.

But if you ever injure someone while driving under the influence you will do significant jail time.
Reply/Quote
That's a damn shame. I wore a jersey of his for some time and admired his play. Echoing others, I hope he gets the help he needs to be healthy and become a productive member of society.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
He gave me a football after the Bengals beat the steelers in 2009 in his 2nd home game as a Bengal.

But come on Rey, just call a cab friend.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Multiple convictions will eventually turn a simple DUI into a felony. Based on the allegations listed in this story he probably has felony vandalism or reckless endangerment charges. None of those probably carry anything closer to 10 years but newsstories often stack all of the possible time to make it sound as serious as possible.

But if you ever injure someone while driving under the influence you will do significant jail time.

Unless you're Leonard little 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But if you ever injure someone while driving under the influence you will do significant jail time.

Very true. Same for texting while driving and hurting someone. People like to trash others who get a DUI and then turn around and text while driving. That's dangerous stuff right there. Usually about 3-4 times a year I get a car coming at me over the center line. God forbid you have an accident and someone dies. They will go through the phone and your life will change.

Reply/Quote
It’s not funny but...... looking over his rap sheet at all the stationary objects he’s hit while drunk just shows he still can’t hit a moving target for shit. Get help man.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 09:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He gave me a football after the Bengals beat the steelers in 2009 in his 2nd home game as a Bengal.

But come on Rey, just call a cab friend.

This is the reason I have no sympathy for NFL players who get arrested for DUI. Every damned one of them can afford an UBER if not a private car. I think some owners even provide a car service. 
Reply/Quote