Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Maui residents not happy with Joe Biden
https://www.foxnews.com/media/maui-residents-biden-tone-deaf-multi-million-dollar-visit-outrageous

Biden retold story about fire that started at his Delaware home years ago

Over 100 dead people with almost 1000 still missing, area devastated and Biden makes it about himself with a minor home fire years ago. This man was supposed to be the uniter, he just seems to be out to lunch. I would think even Democrats hope he does not run for 2024.

His handling of this situation the past 2 weeks is beyond tone deaf.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I remember when people condemned and accused Trump of using the GF riots as a photo-op. Biden just put that to shame. He didn’t make any friends with his visit, that’s for sure.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 07:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember when people condemned and accused Trump of using the GF riots as a photo-op. Biden just put that to shame. He didn’t make any friends with his visit, that’s for sure.

I do wonder if this blunder will have any effect on the '24 elections.  I certainly can't see Hawaii going for Trump, and Maui is the third most populated island, but less than a fifth of O'ahu.  But it may have an effect going forward.  One thing is certain the Biden administration has done a eye wateringly awful job optics wise in regard to disasters within the US.  East Palestine probably nudged Ohio a few more percentage points into the red on national elections.

Also, the kitchen fire comparison to a frigging conflagration is just inane.  I get that the guy's mental faculties aren't tip top, but man.
Reply/Quote
Kind of like throwing paper towels to survivors of a hurricane.

Sometimes old folks just do weird shit. You roll with it and vote for better candidates during the primaries.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Kind of like throwing paper towels to survivors of a hurricane.

Indeed, also terrible optics.

Quote:Sometimes old folks just do weird shit. You roll with it and vote for better candidates during the primaries.

I'd say the difference is that Trump does weird shit because he's an egomaniac who has no one around him that would dare tell him no.  Biden does weird shit because his mental acuity is dog shit.  Quite a fine choice we've set ourselves up for in '24.[/quote]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed, also terrible optics.

I'd say the difference is that Trump does weird shit because he's an egomaniac who has no one around him that would dare tell him no.  Biden does weird shit because his mental acuity is dog shit.  Quite a fine choice we've set ourselves up for in '24.

I'd argue that Trump's antics go beyond egomania and fall into failing faculties as well.

Perhaps not as rotted as Biden, but he's definitely not completely there either. Home boy thought we took air fields from the British during the Revolutionary War - that's not a mental lapse, that's a mental hole.

I really wish people would turn out more during primaries and not leave it up to people octogenarians who are going to vote for other octogenarians (I'm also aware that Trump isn't 80 yet - I just don't remember the term for 70 year olds).
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Late septuagenarian.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 07:45 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'd argue that Trump's antics go beyond egomania and fall into failing faculties as well.

Perhaps not as rotted as Biden, but he's definitely not completely there either. Home boy thought we took air fields from the British during the Revolutionary War - that's not a mental lapse, that's a mental hole.

I really wish people would turn out more during primaries and not leave it up to people octogenarians who are going to vote for other octogenarians (I'm also aware that Trump isn't 80 yet - I just don't remember the term for 70 year olds).

It would help immensely if the people still affiliated with either party would nominate better candidates for us in the middle to choose from. 

As far as a Biden/Trump mental gymnastics test. Trump although a definite egomaniac is a razor when compared to Joe's butterknife. 

IMHO
Reply/Quote
I think it would also help if the states supplied a Primary Ballot for Independents that would have both Democrats and Republicans on it, and you had to choose one of each. Ohio makes you choose either a Democrat or Republican Ballot for Primaries, which doesn't give Independents a large enough voice.
Reply/Quote
The island is on FIRE.

Would you be happy with ANY president right now?

At least Biden isn't at a rally throwing paper towels to the crowd.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 11:29 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It would help immensely if the people still affiliated with either party would nominate better candidates for us in the middle to choose from. 

As far as a Biden/Trump mental gymnastics test. Trump although a definite egomaniac is a razor when compared to Joe's butterknife. 

IMHO

Eh, pressing X to doubt that Trump is a razor compared to Biden.

They both need swapped out for something fresher for damn sure.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 10:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh, pressing X to doubt that Trump is a razor compared to Biden.

They both need swapped out for something fresher for damn sure.

You say the country needs an unproven candidate from each side. You may be correct, but just because they are a newer model does not mean the can fix the issues our divided country is experiencing.

Question for the thread.

Who would you support to replace Biden?

How about Trump?

Of those, who would you lean to vote for in 2024? 

Would it change your vote from a D to a R or R to D if not Biden or Trump?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed, also terrible optics.

I'd say the difference is that Trump does weird shit because he's an egomaniac who has no one around him that would dare tell him no.  Biden does weird shit because his mental acuity is dog shit.  Quite a fine choice we've set ourselves up for in '24.

Both gentlemen display very real and visible signs of cognitive issues. It's unfortunate that these will likely be the options in 2024.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 04:50 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Both gentlemen display very real and visible signs of cognitive issues. It's unfortunate that these will likely be the options in 2024.

I could not agree more.  I'd still take Biden over Newsome though.  I wouldn't asparagus piss on Newsome if he was on fire.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 01:52 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: The island is on FIRE.

Would you be happy with ANY president right now?

At least Biden isn't at a rally throwing paper towels to the crowd.

Thank God, Paper towels are highly flammable!

I understand they want optics, but the best thing would be to get on the front lines of rallying for aid/support for people during a crisis rather than spending tons of money to get that photo op done.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 12:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You say the country needs an unproven candidate from each side. You may be correct, but just because they are a newer model does not mean the can fix the issues our divided country is experiencing.

Question for the thread.

Who would you support to replace Biden?

How about Trump?

Of those, who would you lean to vote for in 2024? 

Would it change your vote from a D to a R or R to D if not Biden or Trump?

I never said unproven.

I said fresher - meaning different.

Do you know why people use the words they use? It's because they have different meanings. That's why we have different words instead of just screaming AHHHH at each other all the time. That's how language works.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Mellow

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS -- <a href="https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SpeakerMcCarthy</a> is heading to HAWAII this week to see the damage from the fires that killed more than 115 people there.<br><br>AND: He is also opening a congressional investigation into the disaster, the lead up and the response.</p>&mdash; Jake Sherman (@JakeSherman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1696141832059805700?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 28, 2023</a></blockquote>

https://www.politicususa.com/2023/08/28/kevin-mccarthy-to-investigate-biden-for-hawaii-wildfires.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:KEVIN MCCARTHY TO INVESTIGATE BIDEN FOR HAWAII WILDFIRES
JASON EASLEY KEVIN MCCARTHY, TOP NEWS MON, AUG 28TH, 2023

Speaker Kevin McCarthy is going to Hawaii to see the wildfire damage and to announce a House investigation into President Biden’s response.

The Biden administration set a record by getting the Hawaii disaster declaration approved in 63 minutes.

It doesn’t matter to Speaker McCarthy that the people in Hawaii appear to be pleased with Biden’s visit and the support that he has shown them.

Biden went beyond thoughts and prayers with his visit, but he made a commitment to the people who have been impacted by what is likely to be one of the worst natural disasters in recent US history.

The idea that Biden did not do or say enough is refuted by his remarks in Wisconsin on August 15.

Kevin McCarthy has House Republicans on course to shut down the government at the end of September, but he is going to Hawaii to announce an investigation into President Biden because House Republicans aren’t interested in governing. Their majority exists solely to help Donald Trump in the 2024 election.

Instead of government funding bills being passed, the American people will get an investigation into the Hawaii wildfires. Kevin McCarthy is what incompetent but cynical governance looks like.

Over the last decade, congressional Republicans have played politics with natural disasters.

Republicans no longer unify to help their fellow Americans in need. The modern GOP playbook exploits the victims of disasters to score cheap partisan political points.

Hawaiians don’t need Kevin McCarthy to visit. The people of Hawaii need him to do his job and keep the government open to get the disaster relief funding they need.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-climate-change-blame-game-hawaii-fire-confronted-reality-maui-identifies-cause
Democrats' climate change blame game for Hawaii fire confronted by reality after Maui identifies cause
White House clean energy czar John Podesta said Hawaii fires were 'fueled by climate change'
Hawaiian officials attributed the cause of catastrophic wildfires to alleged failures from the state's main power utility company and downed power lines this week after Democrats blamed the disaster on global warming.

In a lawsuit filed Thursday, the government of Maui County, Hawaii, alleged Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO) and its subsidiaries failed to properly power down live electrical equipment amid a red flag windstorm earlier this month. Due to this failure, downed power lines operated by the utility company sparked a series of deadly fires on the island, the lawsuit claimed.
However, Democratic lawmakers, a top White House official and Hawaii Gov. Josh Green have all blamed the event, which has claimed the lives of at least 115 people, on human-caused global warming.

BIG LIES FROM DEMOCRATS

"This is devastating. This is a climate emergency," Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., an original sponsor of the Green New Deal, wrote in a post on X on Aug. 10. "I stand in solidarity with my friends and colleagues from Hawai’i — we must act fast, provide aid, and invest in a resilient and safe future."

"Heartbreaking fires in Hawaii! Scientists are clear that climate chaos wreaking havoc on ecosystems everywhere is the new norm," Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., said in a separate post. "We need to take action immediately or else it will get even worse."

Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., who spearheaded a recent congressional investigation into Big Oil, called on President Biden to declare a "climate emergency" in response to the fires.

Reply/Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-who-blamed-hawaii-fires-climate-change-largely-silent-county-power-line-responsible

This is the world we live in, politicians make false/misleading statements, media covers these statements. Then, when proven 100% false no corrections by media or the politicians.

Dems who blamed Hawaii fires on climate change largely silent after county says power line responsible
Democratic Sen Dick Durbin said fires were a 'devastating view of our planet as we fail to adequately address the climate crisis'

Fox News Digital contacted five lawmakers — Sens. Ed Markey, D-Mass., Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., and Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Reps. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., and Cori Bush, D-Mo. — who were among the voices claiming the devastating fires were sparked by man-made global warming. While Khanna provided a response, the four other lawmakers ignored the requests noting Maui County, Hawaii, alleged in a lawsuit the fires were sparked by power lines.

Doesn't this damage the climate change case? Why do the supposed leaders jump to in this case climate change prior to the bodies being recovered?

Also, Maui residents feel the response may be intentional. Residents started receiving money offers within days of the fire from developers. They named Oprah Winfrey, Zuckerberg and Bezos as attempting to buy up land.

Maui residents are very unhappy with the response from Biden. Hawaii is deep blue so it will stay deep blue, but could this impact the rest of the country watching Joe sleep and make the fires about himself showing no empathy for the Maui residents.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-climate-change-blame-game-hawaii-fire-confronted-reality-maui-identifies-cause
Democrats' climate change blame game for Hawaii fire confronted by reality after Maui identifies cause
White House clean energy czar John Podesta said Hawaii fires were 'fueled by climate change'
Hawaiian officials attributed the cause of catastrophic wildfires to alleged failures from the state's main power utility company and downed power lines this week after Democrats blamed the disaster on global warming.

In a lawsuit filed Thursday, the government of Maui County, Hawaii, alleged Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO) and its subsidiaries failed to properly power down live electrical equipment amid a red flag windstorm earlier this month. Due to this failure, downed power lines operated by the utility company sparked a series of deadly fires on the island, the lawsuit claimed.
However, Democratic lawmakers, a top White House official and Hawaii Gov. Josh Green have all blamed the event, which has claimed the lives of at least 115 people, on human-caused global warming.

BIG LIES FROM DEMOCRATS

"This is devastating. This is a climate emergency," Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., an original sponsor of the Green New Deal, wrote in a post on X on Aug. 10. "I stand in solidarity with my friends and colleagues from Hawai’i — we must act fast, provide aid, and invest in a resilient and safe future."

"Heartbreaking fires in Hawaii! Scientists are clear that climate chaos wreaking havoc on ecosystems everywhere is the new norm," Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., said in a separate post. "We need to take action immediately or else it will get even worse."

Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., who spearheaded a recent congressional investigation into Big Oil, called on President Biden to declare a "climate emergency" in response to the fires.

Why am I not surprised that you don't accept climate change. 
Reply/Quote