Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maurice hurst released
(04-16-2021, 04:11 AM)wanga Wrote: How’s the waiver work work? Is there a set time each team has to claim someone or a date when every team picks one after the other like the draft?

i think teams get 24-48 hours to submit their claim  Highest team on the List that submits a claim gets the player..  List is based on draft order (before trades)..   So jags get first crack at all of them if they want them

if they go unclaimed they can then sign with any team (or resigned to the practice squad a little latter down the road)
Reply/Quote
I wonder if it's an off the field issue. Him choosing to go to Michigan out of high school has me questioning his decision making ability. I kid, I kid. :)

I see very low downside with putting a claim on him. If he's a joker or has a health issue, cut him.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 10:18 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I wonder if it's an off the field issue. Him choosing to go to Michigan out of high school has me questioning his decision making ability. I kid, I kid. :)

I see very low downside with putting a claim on him. If he's a joker or has a health issue, cut him.

I find it odd they released him...must be his heart or something? Wasnt he a 4th rounder? I would get some intel from Paulie G on him.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 12:30 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I find it odd they released him...must be his heart or something? Wasnt he a 4th rounder? I would get some intel from Paulie G on him.

They have an over abundance of under tackles in Las Vegas with the signing of Solomon Thomas.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope we can claim him or bring in Sheldon Richardson who was just cut by the Stains.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope we can claim him or bring in Sheldon Richardson who was just cut by the Stains.

just came here to post that richardson was available...

Of the two who do you want. (or 3 if geno is an option)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/16/browns-release-sheldon-richardson/
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 05:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just came here to post that richardson was available...

Of the two who do you want.  (or 3 if geno is an option)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/16/browns-release-sheldon-richardson/

I like Hurst cause of his age. Younger than Richardson.

Sheldon would be great if someone else claims Hurst though.
Reply/Quote
Maurice Hurst was not claimed on waivers... that is a surprise considering he cheap price tag.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Maurice Hurst was not claimed on waivers... that is a surprise considering he cheap price tag.

WTH

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Maurice Hurst was not claimed on waivers... that is a surprise considering he cheap price tag.

(04-16-2021, 07:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WTH

If you make a waiver claim do you go to the end of the line or maintain the original position?  His contact was dirt cheap, baring a health reason (i know he opted out for covid last season and pissed off Chucky) losing your place in line, so to speak, could be the only reason I could imagine for no one taking a flyer on him.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Do you think that there might be more to the story, than what's public info thus far?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Doubt he gets passed the jags. They need help. I’m out here in jacks and 1010 is always talking about interior help
Reply/Quote
I may be in the minority, but if they don't draft a DT, I think Geno is very likely to be a re-signed after the draft. His departure was very quiet and unceremonious for a player of his stature in the history of the organization. It was very odd.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 11:21 AM)samhain Wrote: I may be in the minority, but if they don't draft a DT, I think Geno is very likely to be a re-signed after the draft.  His departure was very quiet and unceremonious for a player of his stature in the history of the organization.  It was very odd.

I vote to not do that. What makes anybody think Geno has anything left in the tank ? Need new, younger and HUNGRY talent. Id rather see Geno goto a Superbowl contender and at least get a playoff win before he hangs up his cleats.   
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 11:21 AM)samhain Wrote: I may be in the minority, but if they don't draft a DT, I think Geno is very likely to be a re-signed after the draft. His departure was very quiet and unceremonious for a player of his stature in the history of the organization. It was very odd.

I think you’re probably right. AJ and Gio both got their tributes already. The team must be waiting to see if Geno is coming back before they do his.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 12:23 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I vote to not do that. What makes anybody think Geno has anything left in the tank ? Need new, younger and HUNGRY talent. Id rather see Geno goto a Superbowl contender and at least get a playoff win before he hangs up his cleats.   

His All Pro days are probably long gone, but if his shoulder surgery fixed a lot of the issues he was having I’m all for bringing him back if the price it right. He could still be a useful rotational piece, and it would be nice for just one Bengal great to retire as a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 03:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His All Pro days are probably long gone, but if his shoulder surgery fixed a lot of the issues he was having I’m all for bringing him back if the price it right. He could still be a useful rotational piece, and it would be nice for just one Bengal great to retire as a Bengal.

This is tough to say, but Geno should seriously consider retiring.  His shoulder should heal well enough to have a fun life and play with his kids, etc.  However, once you have a shoulder surgery, that swim move may never come back at full speed.  I had a shoulder rebuilt, a few years ago.  I got most of the straight line pushing forward and upward strength back, but the arm extended rotational movements still feel like something isn't quite right.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:18 PM)Burma Wrote: If you make a waiver claim do you go to the end of the line or maintain the original position?  His contact was dirt cheap, baring a health reason (i know he opted out for covid last season and pissed off Chucky) losing your place in line, so to speak, could be the only reason I could imagine for no one taking a flyer on him.

your waiver claim spot is the same till next offseason
Reply/Quote
Hoping we still grab this guy and Kerrigan...
Reply/Quote
Sign him. It’s that simple. SMH
Reply/Quote