Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maurkice Pouncey needs ankle surgery
Per Mike Tomlin's post game interview. No other details yet but even the most minor of ankle sugeries will put you in a boot for at least 6 weeks

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Likely sounds worse than it will actually be, to the Steelers.  Munchak is awesome OL coach, likely has the next guy up. prepped and ready.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely sounds worse than it will actually be, to the Steelers.  Munchak is awesome OL coach, likely has the next guy up. prepped and ready.

Pouncey, as much as I hate the guy, is still a really good center. Not having him makes a big difference nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 08:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Pouncey, as much as I hate the guy, is still a really good center. Not having him makes a big difference nonetheless.

I'll bet you a beer, that he is back, and in full form, by the time they play the Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
8 weeks is a short time to get your legs back up to shape right after surgery. It almost makes me hope they throw him back in there vs Geno.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely sounds worse than it will actually be, to the Steelers.  Munchak is awesome OL coach, likely has the next guy up. prepped and ready.

Cody Wallace was also Pouncey's backup in 2013 when he went down, and he was so bad that they signed a C off the street and started him. It caused major issues, because without Pouncey, they couldn't run a no huddle offense, which is their bread and butter. The latest reports are that he will be gone for an extended period of time, possibly the entire season.
Reply/Quote
[Image: pouncey112636-525x550.jpg]

Crappy things happen to crappy people.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 05:42 PM)pally Wrote: Per Mike Tomlin's post game interview. No other details yet but even the most minor of ankle sugeries will put you in a boot for at least  6 weeks

Good
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This will be a huge loss for the Steelers offense.

Remember when Rich Braham went down for us?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote