Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe BIG 10 in October
Notre Dame showed football with band and a few college students in stands masks, distancing is possible. Super Bowl Kansas City Chiefs also. So NOW they are going to vote to see if Big 10 starts in October. I see this as very possible because September is always Non Conference Schedule of mostly warm up games against easy teams, for the most part. If they play October & November you still have the Big 10 games head to head. You still have Michigan vs Ohio State and all the classic Rival Games. You still have Big 10 Championship, however they may not want doomed Indy stadium this year. An outdoor stadium in first week of December would allow bands and a few fans like today's Notre Dame vs Duke game.

If Ohio State doesn't play, I decided today I will become a Notre Dame fan for 2020. I refuse to become an SEC Fan or an A-10 Fan. This is old school to me, because in 1960's on Ohio TV on Sunday Morning they would show Notre Dame game highlights. In fact, Ohio TV showed more Notre Dame than Ohio State. Back then before cable TV, ABC would only show a team no more than twice. This meant Ohio State vs Michigan was about the only Ohio State game on TV. Also back then for Big 10 it was Rose Bowl or nothing on Bowl Games, Big 10 refused all other Bowl Games. So Ohio State TV was very little and Notre Dame TV in 1960's was a lot more. ....So watching Notre Dame on TV is nothing new to me.

The talk of Big 10 in Spring is silly for many reasons. If Big 10 is to play at all, I think Notre Dame in Big 10 Country showed them Saturday how to do it. The band and a few college fans distancing in stands. See, the college students the school has leverage to enforce distancing, but not on old Joe Blow buying a ticket. The band and some students and the college has great control over THAT. ....Again, if they play October and November, that is at least 8 games each, which is not bad, plus Big 10 Championship that they may want to move outdoors, maybe.

The Pac 10 of West Coast on Fire has other issues. However, their weather is such that they could start later and play in December. May be what area needs after fires are put out.

I think Notre Dame gave the perfect model of how to do this against Duke. The band and some students in the stands that the college has control to make the students mask and distance. Notre Dame just showed Big 10 how it can be done.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote