Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-14-2019, 02:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You sure about that? This lists him as a bottom 10 QB under pressure:

https://fantasydata.com/advanced-metrics-the-best-and-worst-qbs-under-pressure

That list also has Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Roethlisberger as "below average" behind the likes of Cody Kessler and Blake Bortles.

So I'd like to see how that guy came up with his ratings.

But still don't see a link to support your "worst in the league" claim about Dalton.  Where did you get that fact?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 06:35 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We're dead last in rushing yards allowed per a game & second to last in rushing yards per a game.
Also Second to last in Redzone scoring on offense infact we are one of three teams to have an under 30% score rate in the Redzone.
Not saying we should not draft a QB early  but we should not rule out other positions.

CORRECT and it's not even up for debate.  

There is much worse areas on this team than QB  

I'm now hearing TV Announcers saying The Bengals are THE WORST tackling team in the NFL.  I agree.  That's not just this year.  This defense was awful last season also.  It's not coaching, these players just flat out aren't any good on defense.  

Then there is THE DISASTER we call an Offensive Line.  THE WORST offensive line in the NFL ever since Mike Brown let Whitworth & Zeitler go after 2016.  So 3 years of WORST O Line in NFL.  

Now when you have THE WORST Offensive Line in the NFL 3 straight years and the WORST tackling on Defense the last 2 years, you are NOT going to win any games and Bengals haven't.  Last Place last year and Last Place this year. 

The only thing this team does have is Dalton to some receivers, but the team is just so awful. 

The only reason I would dump Dalton and other high paid players is to take that money and get new players across the board because this team stinks.  This team needs a whole new O Line and a whole new Defense and 5 and 11 = 16 new starters.  OK, maybe not all 16 have to go, but pretty close to it.  The DB's people think are so good are awful, they make no plays, often blown coverage as per all the 3rd and longs they give up every year leading NFL in those. 

The #1 pick should not be a QB.  In fact they should trade down for more picks.  The need as many picks as an expansion team in it's first year. They could use 20 picks and a complete rebuild.  They need free agents also.  That means a need to free up almost all of the salary cap and start all over to build a 2020's decade team.

So you are correct.  QB alone is not the problem, that would be too easy.  Bengals have the worst 53 plus 5 man roster in the NFL.  Changing coaches or QB won't fix that.  We can thank Mike & Family & Tobin for this collection of bad players. 

Smart teams build the O Line and Defense first before they bring in the finesse players such as QB. Bengals should have a low paid QB early on as they spend money on blocking & tackling. There are bargain basement QB's that have did OK as other teams rebuilt the rest of the team. It would be foolish for Bengals to get a high price QB at this point when they need a complete rebuild.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:29 PM)kevin Wrote: CORRECT and it's not even up for debate.  

There is much worse areas on this team than QB  

I'm now hearing TV Announcers saying The Bengals are THE WORST tackling team in the NFL.  I agree.  That's not just this year.  This defense was awful last season also.  It's not coaching, these players just flat out aren't any good on defense.  

Then there is THE DISASTER we call an Offensive Line.  THE WORST offensive line in the NFL ever since Mike Brown let Whitworth & Zeitler go after 2016.  So 3 years of WORST O Line in NFL.  

Now when you have THE WORST Offensive Line in the NFL 3 straight years and the WORST tackling on Defense the last 2 years, you are NOT going to win any games and Bengals haven't.  Last Place last year and Last Place this year. 

The only thing this team does have is Dalton to some receivers, but the team is just so awful. 

The only reason I would dump Dalton and other high paid players is to take that money and get new players across the board because this team stinks.  This team needs a whole new O Line and a whole new Defense and 5 and 11 = 16 new starters.  OK, maybe not all 16 have to go, but pretty close to it.  The DB's people think are so good are awful, they make no plays, often blown coverage as per all the 3rd and longs they give up every year leading NFL in those. 

The #1 pick should not be a QB.  In fact they should trade down for more picks.  The need as many picks as an expansion team in it's first year. They could use 20 picks and a complete rebuild.  They need free agents also.  That means a need to free up almost all of the salary cap and start all over to build a 2020's decade team.

So you are correct.  QB alone is not the problem, that would be too easy.  Bengals have the worst 53 plus 5 man roster in the NFL.  Changing coaches or QB won't fix that.  We can thank Mike & Family & Tobin for this collection of bad players. 

Smart teams build the O Line and Defense first before they bring in the finesse players such as QB.   Bengals should have a low paid QB early on as they spend money on blocking & tackling.  There are bargain basement QB's that have did OK as other teams rebuilt the rest of the team.  It would be foolish for Bengals to get a high price QB at this point when they need a complete rebuild.

Its almost like the Perfect Storm of $hit
Reply/Quote
Nevermind the safety of the QB. If this line doesn't get fixed quick, Mixon's gone in a couple of years.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
At one point in the game, I saw Andy pick himself up. The man's jersey was dirtier than everyone else's on the field. Usually the ultimate tell that you (the line) aren't doing your job. Sometimes you're not going to be able to keep that from happening. Andy took a beating yesterday. He is far from a perfect QB and this season, I wouldn't even say he's been playing good (he's shown flashes). However, we are 31st (maybe even 32nd) in the league in rushing. At this point, it's safe to say he isn't the problem.

We have to look at our offensive line, the coaching and the front office. I don't believe enough has been done to address it. Yes, we drafted Jonah, who was injured. We signed some players, all of which have been consistently terrible. No changes have been made. We let the Steelers set franchise records against our offensive line, nothing changed. Safe to say we can see the same results throughout the season.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Nevermind the safety of the QB.  If this line doesn't get fixed quick, Mixon's gone in a couple of years.

This.

I don't expect Mixon to remain with the team if we are through the midseason of next season with the same issues. The man came here to win and to run the ball. Both of which we have done absolutely horrible on. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote