Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-13-2019, 06:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals had 33 total rushing yards today. That’s the issue.

And our QB didn’t throw for a single TD. And was crap for the entire first half. Also, an issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And our QB didn’t throw for a single TD. And was crap for the entire first half. Also, an issue.

How did the offensive line play today?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The defense is about 3-4 upgrades away from being a competitive defense.

The offense is about 3-4 upgrades away.

So we're about 6-8 players away as a team.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How did the offensive line play today?

Fair at best.

No push in the running game (no shocker based on the yardage totals).

Didn't give up a sack in pass protection until late, but there was constant pressure from all over.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:58 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Our LB sucks more ass & don't get me started on the Offensive line.

About 95% of this organization sucks ass. 

But...riddle me this. How can the LBs suck more ass when they held the Ravens to 20 pts up to nearly the very end of the game...and the offense only scored 10 pts...including a TD near the very end of the game?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Fair at best.

No push in the running game (no shocker based on the yardage totals).

Didn't give up a sack in pass protection until late, but there was constant pressure from all over.

I would say the pass protection was adequate for a lot of the game. Which is the thing...the narrative is that with Jonah and Glenn we'll be winning. But, even when the pass protection is decent, we don't play much better on offense.

We had 3 offensive points in this game until the last 5 minutes. (Yeah 7 was off of a kickoff return.)

The offense looks terrible for large chunks of the game. Then, when the game is decided...the put up a cosmetic TD. It's really odd.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And our QB didn’t throw for a single TD. And was crap for the entire first half. Also, an issue.

You'd have to think that a 61 quarterback rating would be at least as bad as 33 yds rushing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: About 95% of this organization sucks ass. 

But...riddle me this. How can the LBs suck more ass when they held the Ravens to 20 pts up to nearly the very end of the game...and the offense only scored 10 pts...including a TD near the very end of the game?

You bring up a great point that I've pondered.

The defense is bad...I mean we see the yardage they give up with A LOT of it rushing. But, the offense is arguably just as bad or maybe worse.

We could probably have a spirited debate about what unit is worse...and I think it might be offense.
Reply/Quote

Don't want to go back and forth, but no, it doesn't.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How did the offensive line play today?

A hell of a lot better than they had at any other point this season...right until the end when they gave up their only 2 sacks.

Reply/Quote

There is no run game. Between four runners — Joe Mixon, Alex Erickson, Giovani Bernard, and Andy Dalton — the Bengals managed 33 yards on the ground. That’s the worst rushing performance all season.

Right now Cincinnati is averaging a little more than 16 points on offense per game. They are averaging 26.5 points on defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The defense is about 3-4 upgrades away from being a competitive defense.

The offense is about 3-4 upgrades away.

So we're about 6-8 players away as a team.

I'd argue the D is at least 4 away. 

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There is no run game.  Between four runners — Joe Mixon, Alex Erickson, Giovani Bernard, and Andy Dalton — the Bengals managed 33 yards on the ground.  That’s the worst rushing performance all season.

True. But like i asked...are you watching Darnold making throws with under 5 minutes in the game, right after Dallas scored to make it a 5 pt game?

Reply/Quote
The QB is the MOST IMPORTANT POSTION ON THE FIELD because he's the ONE GUY that can make decisions and throws to keep drives going and score points. 

Singular, on his own, uno, by himself (ok, well, the receivers have to catch his passes... Cool )

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There is no run game.  Between four runners — Joe Mixon, Alex Erickson, Giovani Bernard, and Andy Dalton — the Bengals managed 33 yards on the ground.  That’s the worst rushing performance all season.

Right now Cincinnati is averaging a little more than 16 points on offense per game.  They are averaging 26.5 points on defense.

Didnt mixon have a 23 yrd run in the first half too? Didnt watch most of the game, but I thought I saw that. So, they were only able to muster 10 extra yards on the ground the rest of the game?? Lol wth
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd argue the D is at least 4 away. 

I couldn't argue against that.

I saw some of our DT's get ran over. Plus, some guys in the secondary look questionable too.

Honestly though, guys like Bates likely didn't just get terrible over night. It has to be poor coaching and possibly position coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't want to go back and forth, but no, it doesn't.

Keep in mind, i said organization. So that means everyone in the front office and the coaching staff. That bumps the percentages up.  Wink

And don't you ever be hesitant to call me out on some perceived BS!!! Wink

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. But like i asked...are you watching Darnold making throws with under 5 minutes in the game, right after Dallas scored to make it a 5 pt game?

Heh...I was going to mention that.

IF you put a Good QB on an average team, he makes them better.

I know people say 'No QB could succeed behind this line'...but there are times when there were guys open that he just missed. Like the throw I think it was last week to Eifert in the endzone. 2 feet to the left and it's a TD.

It's quite possible that he doesn't have the arm to succeed in Taylors offense. But also, we have basically very few personnel suited to this scheme...and the coaches can't adjust.

The back shoulder throw to Tate is nice for instance...but they then tried it over and over and over. It will get picked off for a TD here soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How did the offensive line play today?

Not too bad in pass protection. Terrible run blocking. Dalton missed several throws when he had plenty of time.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I couldn't argue against that.

I saw some of our DT's get ran over. Plus, some guys in the secondary look questionable too.

Honestly though, guys like Bates likely didn't just get terrible over night. It has to be poor coaching and possibly position coaches.

There will be instances of guys not looking so hot due to the poor play of others. Or even poor scheme. 

As high-motor as Hubbard is, and as disruptive as Los is, the Bengals REALLY need an ED that can put the QB on the ground more consistently. Hubbard is just too splashy and Los has always been in their face, but doesn't finish at a high rate. Plus 2 LBs, plus at least 1 CB and you could easily argue for upgrading Williams. 

So, more like 6ish on the D. You could get by with 5 though.  Nervous

Reply/Quote