Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe the chargers are good after all
They just took the super bowl champs to overtime and almost won. The Bengals almost beat them so maybe there’s nothing to worry about and it will all come together soon and they’ll start winning
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: They just took the super bowl champs to overtime and almost won. The Bengals almost beat them so maybe there’s nothing to worry about and it will all come together soon and they’ll start winning

That would mean the Browns are good too... and well, that is certainly false.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Could be....without the hilarious sack play and the totally boneheaded INT by Herbert they beat the Chiefs by 10 points.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That would mean the Browns are good too... and well, that is certainly false.

It pains me to say this but they're actually pretty good. Their Oline is very solid and their running game is stellar. Baker is streaky but if they can scheme around his weakness and he plays solid instead of focusing on getting hummers in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot they could easily get a wildcard, no way they win the division with Baltimore around. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Hebert looked better than Taylor so it could have been a different game if he played against us. Our defense has been bottom of the league 3 years in a row so that Cleveland game wasn’t shocking. Bobby Hart has sucked for years and our line can’t block anyone. Ross is a bust , the Chargers game doesn’t change much for me this team still needs a ton of help going forward.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: They just took the super bowl champs to overtime and almost won. The Bengals almost beat them so maybe there’s nothing to worry about and it will all come together soon and they’ll start winning

This is a common thought every year we play and stink it up. Last year it was the 49ers. Wow they're pretty good, maybe we aren't so bad because the 49ers are good. No, we were still that bad finishing 2-14. Don't let those thoughts fool you...this team has a very long way to go. To win 6 games this year would be a 200% improvement from last year. If that happens (I dont think it will) its a good jump compared to last season, and a team building upon the last season. But judging from the first two games, winning 6 games is a stretch.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That would mean the Browns are good too... and well, that is certainly false.

Eh.  It's hard to say right now.  The Ravens are elite, so you can't really judge the Browns on the performance vs Baltimore.  Baltimore is going to do that to a lot of teams this year.  

Any team with Hunt as a number 2 RB is going to be tough.  I don't like Baker as a person or a quarterback, but that run game is going to be legit, and even moreso if the line is healthy.  
Reply/Quote
Also, it's hard to judge the Chargers vs the Chiefs. They're division rivals and historically play each other pretty tough.
Reply/Quote
As I said after the Chargers game, their defense is one of the best in the league even without Derwin James. Mahomes was under duress all day, in fact All Pro Tackle Mitchell Schwartz gave up 7 pressures, the most of his career in a single game. We have faced two of the better defensive ends in the game and so hopefully going forward things get a little better for the offense in terms of dealing with pressure.
Reply/Quote

So good that in a game where they are up by 6 points in the red zone they throw an INT.  Had the game won and gave it away.  Still, I get what you are saying.  I think Herbert starting was such a shock for KC that it caught them a little off guard.  Holding KC to 26 points is a bit of a moral victory, I guess.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 02:05 AM)GodFather Wrote:  This is a common thought every year we play and stink it up. Last year it was the 49ers. Wow they're pretty good, maybe we aren't so bad because the 49ers are good. No, we were still that bad finishing 2-14. Don't let those thoughts fool you...this team has a very long way to go. To win 6 games this year would be a 200% improvement from last year. If that happens (I dont think it will) its a good jump compared to last season, and a team building upon the last season. But judging from the first two games, winning 6 games is a stretch.

While true, the biggest difference is the 49ers mollywopped us, the Browns and Chargers have not. I feel this week is going to be the difference between a 6-10 season and a 3-13 season. 
Reply/Quote

Didn't we fall for this last year? We went into the toughest place to play and almost beat Wilson and Seattle. Then within weeks we were getting blown out.

Burrow is getting a huge break his rookie year not having to deal with crowd noise on the road. It allows him to look good as his manages the offense and even more so in the 2 minute offense as they can hear him versus using other methods to call plays.

We will see, but playing one team who almost beat the 2019 Super Bowl champs (in their division) does not mean a lot.

If we are good, we will beat a weak Eagles team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:52 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: It pains me to say this but they're actually pretty good. Their Oline is very solid and their running game is stellar. Baker is streaky but if they can scheme around his weakness and he plays solid instead of focusing on getting hummers in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot they could easily get a wildcard, no way they win the division with Baltimore around. 

The same OL of the Browns got manhandled by the Ravens. Our DL got manhandled by the Browns OL so what did we learn. We suck in the trenches again.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Chargers have a legit defense. That always gives you a chance.
Reply/Quote
The Chargers aren't bad, but still I'd say all 11 0-2 teams lost to good teams so far...but I guess that's how the NFL works.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The same OL of the Browns got manhandled by the Ravens. Our DL got manhandled by the Browns OL so what did we learn. We suck in the trenches again.

Not making excuses, but both of the Browns starting Ts got hurt in the first half of the game and their top reserve (Hubbard) as inactive due to injury as well, thus they had Conklin playing RT while he could barely walk and a G playing LT.

Anyone can manhandle that line.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Just watched this game to gage where we are at and yeah, made me feel better.

That is one hell of a DL and they gave Mahomes all kinds of trouble.

I think we will play decent as the year goes on and we gain chemistry. We played decent against the Chargers and Mayfield had
to play great to beat our Secondary and our D should get much better. The Stains have probably the best RB duo in the NFL.

Hard on the young teams after this crazy azz Offseason man.
Reply/Quote
Maybe will still suck.
Reply/Quote
Mayfield didn't even look all that special against us. Really it was much more our defense falling for the exact same play repeatedly plus zero pressure on Mayfield. Notice that on about the only time we actually made Mayfield move off the mark he threw a pretty bad INT. Had our defense played even a bit better we win that game going away.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Chargers aren't bad, but still I'd say all 11 0-2 teams lost to good teams so far...but I guess that's how the NFL works.

I don't think the WFT is good. 
Reply/Quote