Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maybe the most impressive Burrow stat off all…
(01-04-2022, 11:10 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Yeah, he's über-talented.   I'd hate to see him end up in the division.  

(01-04-2022, 11:12 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I mean Pittsburgh's current rapist QB is retiring so they'll be in the market for a new rapist QB. Ninja

Don't worry about it.  Neither the Browns nor Steelers have the draft capital to trade for Watson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: Don't worry about it.  Neither the Browns nor Steelers have the draft capital to trade for Watson.

And, Watson said he won't go where he doesn't want to, and he wants someplace hot with a beach. That's not Cleveland or Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only 4 QB’s in the Super Bowl era have had a season where they completed at least 70% of their passes for at least 8.5 yards per attempt.

Those 4 QB’s…

Steve Young (1994)
Drew Brees (2009)
Deshaun Watson (2020)
Joe Burrow (2021)

Every time I think I couldn’t be any more impressed with Burrow I see something crazy like this.

(01-04-2022, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It really is super rare for a QB to be the leader in both completion % and YPA (Burrow is way higher than anyone else at 8.9).

Those two things don’t often go together.

Yeah, he is extremely accurate in his deep passing this season. Crazy as that was his weakness last season...
Reply/Quote
[Image: FIRiCGgXwAYXDBk?format=jpg&name=large]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It really is super rare for a QB to be the leader in both completion % and YPA (Burrow is way higher than anyone else at 8.9).

I just looked this up…it’s happened 3 times in the last 20 years.

2007 - Tom Brady
2014 - Tony Romo
2017 - Drew Brees

Good company to be in…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It really is super rare for a QB to be the leader in both completion % and YPA (Burrow is way higher than anyone else at 8.9).

Actually "yards per attempt" is a direct function of completion percentage.  The higher your completion percentage the higher your yards per attempt.

"Yards per completion" really measures how much a QB is throwing downfield.  So it would be much more rare for high completion percentage to go with "yards per completion".
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only 4 QB’s in the Super Bowl era have had a season where they completed at least 70% of their passes for at least 8.5 yards per attempt.

Those 4 QB’s…

Steve Young (1994)
Drew Brees (2009)
Deshaun Watson (2020)
Joe Burrow (2021)

Every time I think I couldn’t be any more impressed with Burrow I see something crazy like this.

Never heard of them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
To put things in perspective. If he stayed at his rate but threw the ball as much as Justin Herbert, he would have over 5400 yards right now. Now I get, there would be a chance his YPA would go down, but given the last 2 weeks, maybe not. He averaged over 11 yards per attempt Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 09:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually "yards per attempt" is a direct function of completion percentage.  The higher your completion percentage the higher your yards per attempt.

"Yards per completion" really measures how much a QB is throwing downfield.  So it would be much more rare for high completion percentage to go with "yards per completion".

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 06:58 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I just looked this up…it’s happened 3 times in the last 20 years.

2007 - Tom Brady
2014 - Tony Romo
2017 - Drew Brees

Good company to be in…

(01-04-2022, 09:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually "yards per attempt" is a direct function of completion percentage.  The higher your completion percentage the higher your yards per attempt.

It’s only happened 3x in 20 years (as shown above). It’s incredibly rare.

Reply/Quote