Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Maybe there's another a reason Burrow is sacked so much
Seems like all the "elite" pass rushers that play against us get to line up in the neutral zone...... this is the play Twatt hurt his whittle teattie.... I mean seriously, there's an official that is supposed to be looking right down that line. Aaron Donald 2.0

[Image: Tmz4reml.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I watch quite a few sports, and I honestly think the NFL is the worst officiated of the lot.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:07 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I watch quite a few sports, and I honestly think the NFL is the worst officiated of the lot.

...and they have replay to correct their mistakes and STILL botch it. It's unbelievable.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe needs to do more of that hard count stuff that Rogers does. It worked once we should do it a lot more to stop these DL from screaming off the line.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
The blue line is unofficial. But, I doubt lining up 3 inches over the line makes that much difference.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: ...and they have replay to correct their mistakes and STILL botch it. It's unbelievable.

100%. I don't think the nature of the rules always helps the refs, too much subjectivity some of the time. But it's rare you find a decent officiating crew, and that's not really good enough for professional sports.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:25 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: 100%. I don't think the nature of the rules always helps the refs, too much subjectivity some of the time. But it's rare you find a decent officiating crew, and that's not really good enough for professional sports.

I listened to a podcast with this author that's written several books about sports being fixed. No matter how much evidence or things come out, fans won't believe it.

The SB and the penalty on Logan Wilson could be a good example.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The blue line is unofficial. But, I doubt lining up 3 inches over the line makes that much difference.

Yes, I know the blue line is unofficial, but his helmet is clearly past the ball. And while 3 inches may not make a difference, and probably did not, a penalty is a penalty and that should be a 10 yd. first down lining up in the neutral zone. They'd surely call it on us.
Reply/Quote
There was a couple really blatant holds on Hendrickson that weren’t called either. And ofc the terrible “non-TD” Chase call. But it’s hard to really blame the officiating for the loss when our QB was as bad as he was.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was a couple really blatant holds on Hendrickson that weren’t called either. And ofc the terrible “non-TD” Chase call. But it’s hard to really blame the officiating for the loss when our QB was as bad as he was.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the officials for the loss, I'm just a little tired of the other team lining up offsides to hit Joe. The missed Donald call and now this. This seems to be a pretty easy penalty to call, since it is pre-snap.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, I know the blue line is unofficial, but his helmet is clearly past the ball. And while 3 inches may not make a difference, and probably did not, a penalty is a penalty and that should be a 10 yd. first down lining up in the neutral zone. They'd surely call it on us.

The angle of the shot makes it look worse than it is. If you go by the small yard hash by the ball it looks like his hand is right up against that while the ball is on the other side.

Then if you look just at him, his helmet looks like it’s right over his hand. Looks like he’s onsides to me or at most an inch or two leaning. The ball also gets moved when the center picks it up. They aren’t going to call something that close on anyone unless he moves early. I have seen some egregious ones before but I wouldn’t get worked up over this. Camera angles can do crazy things and make it look worse than it actually was.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The angle of the shot makes it look worse than it is. If you go by the small yard hash by the ball it looks like his hand is right up against that while the ball is on the other side.

Then if you look just at him, his helmet looks like it’s right over his hand. Looks like he’s onsides to me or at most an inch or two leaning. The ball also gets moved when the center picks it up. They aren’t going to call something that close on anyone unless he moves early. I have seen some egregious ones before but I wouldn’t get worked up over this. Camera angles can do crazy things and make it look worse than it actually was.

Yeah I don't think it's something to get worked up over, makes minimal difference to the play. But he's quite ahead of his own D-Line, and this is a rule which is a clear 'offsides or not' rule, rather than something which is slightly about opinion. To me it's more when the refs can't spot that at a crucial juncture of the game (look at the game clock!), then how are they to be relied on in general.
Reply/Quote
I'd say that's too close to call so too close to worry about. Especially with that camera angle. You'd need a shot right down the line at field level on this one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Seems like all the "elite" pass rushers that play against us get to line up in the neutral zone...... this is the play Twatt hurt his whittle teattie.... I mean seriously, there's an official that is supposed to be looking right down that line. Aaron Donald 2.0

[Image: Tmz4reml.jpg]

What a great post - are you in 3rd grade?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:21 AM)ATOTR Wrote: What a great post - are you in 3rd grade?

Hey! You're never too old to shit on the Steelers. 

Keep it up Sled! ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote