Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe this is a "Good" thing?
Nope, it's not. While the score was low, this game was an embarrassment.

Let's just hope that now the Bengals have lost a game, and an ugly loss at that, they can refocus and go out and win 10 straight. The pressure of going undefeated is gone, they lost a game, now kick some arse from here on out.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
"Just what the doctor ordered"?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:29 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Nope, it's not. While the score was low, this game was an embarrassment.

Let's just hope that now the Bengals have lost a game, and an ugly loss at that, they can refocus and go out and win 10 straight. The pressure of going undefeated is gone, they lost a game, now kick some arse from here on out.

10 straight?  We'd better get embarrassed at least once more before we make that playoff run just in case we need to re-focus again.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the gym to get beat up by a 10 year old 1st year karate student so I can be sure I'll win the MMA championship next month. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 10 straight?  We'd better get embarrassed at least once more before we make that playoff run just in case we need to re-focus again.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the gym to get beat up by a 10 year old 1st year karate student so I can be sure I'll win the MMA championship next month. Ninja

Pretty much. Not entirely sure what it says about a team that they supposedly need to get knocked on their ass every once in a while to regain their focus on winning, but if true, I can't believe that it's a good thing come playoff time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:29 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Nope, it's not. While the score was low, this game was an embarrassment.

As the eternal optimistic and die-never fan (die hard would have died in the 90s), I hope they come out of this pissed off and ready to roll someone.  Do I think they will respond (on the field) to the little red rider BB gun comment as well as all the national talking heads saying "I knew they would lay an egg and show who they really are" by pounding Arizona?  I sure hope so.  Do I think it would happen?  Nope.  

That was a listless performance by the entire offense.  Receivers jogging routes.  Jeremy Hill looks slower than Andre Smith.  Dalton wasn't decisive.  Game plan was cute, and stupid.  That isn't a formula for coming back strong.  

Perhaps the most amazing thing was how they came out after the half.  The exact same.  I would have hoped they got their asses chewed big time, but they came out just as flat, if not flatter, in front of their home crowd on national television.  

I thought this team was different.  I was wrong.  They are a very talented group that doesn't have much heart.  You can see what Burfict has done to the defense....30 points allowed in 3 games.  There is no such heart on the offense.  They are a lot of vanilla ho-hums that don't have any fire in their belly.  I used to think Hill was that guy, but he looks awful.  I would honestly give Peerman or Burkhead some carries.  

So very disappointing. 
Reply/Quote

Exactly!!!! 

Now they can just go out and concentrate on coaching and playing the way they have shown the are capable of doing.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:30 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought this team was different.  I was wrong.  They are a very talented group that doesn't have much heart. 

Wow, knee-jerk overreact much?

This team has shown heart in multiple games coming form behind in the fourth quarter against teams like the Seahawks and Steelers.

if you think every NFL team that loses a single game "has no heart" then you have no idea what you are talking about.
Reply/Quote
Good Thing ? Not so sure about that ? I'm not sure we really had any pressure to go undefeated.

But whatever the case I just hope they got whatever that was out of their system !
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow, knee-jerk overreact much?

This team has shown heart in multiple games coming form behind in the fourth quarter against teams like the Seahawks and Steelers.

if you think every NFL team that loses a single game "has no heart" then you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you read my post, I said in speaking of the offense that "this is a very talented group that does not have a lot of heart".  I complemented the defense.  The offense was pathetic, and it wasn't pathetic in terms of execution, it was pathetic in terms of effort.  They even had extra time before this game!  How do you come out so flat and lifeless in front of a rabid fan base on National TV?  Their defense kept getting them the ball, but they did absolutely nothing with it.  Aside from a fair performance by Dalton and a solid outing by Gio, they were awful.  

And I said the offense doesn't have a lot of heart.  If you think it doesn't matter when you play as they did and losing in the fashion they did to a 3-5 team then YOU have no idea what you are talking about.  Or maybe you are just happy to be competitive and have no designs on a championship.  If that is the case, just continue being satisfied with a pathetic effort like Monday.  
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 02:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And I said the offense doesn't have a lot of heart.  If you think it doesn't matter when you play as they did and losing in the fashion they did to a 3-5 team then YOU have no idea what you are talking about.  Or maybe you are just happy to be competitive and have no designs on a championship.  If that is the case, just continue being satisfied with a pathetic effort like Monday.  

Ah the old strawman.  Proof poditive that you don't have a REAL argument.

If you think that no team has ever won a Super Bowl unless they went undefeated during the season then you clearly are the one who has no idea what you are talking about.

This team has shown plenty of heart this season.  Even the offense.  However you chose to completely ignore every single game except the ONE that supports your position.  So who is being more realistic here? The person who considers every single game or the person who starts squirting all over himself over just one game?
Reply/Quote