Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe we shouldn't be as concerned about McPherson...
I'm watching the Dolphins-Patriots at Foxborough... the Miami kicker just missed a FG... yet another one at "that end" of the stadium.
The announcers even mentioned the kicker struggles the previous week.

I don't know what it is about that end of the stadium... the goalpost flags weren't moving much, but the ball curved BIG TIME.
Reply/Quote
Once I saw their guy hit some duck hooks I figured it was like last years GB game
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not concerned about McPherson. I don't believe it was the wind messing with the kickers either. I have a feeling there is something going on with the turf surface down on that end. If it were all the wind, those flags would be flapping all over the place. Of course with Belicheat, you can never put it past him to have weighted flags up there.
Reply/Quote
Evidence suggest we have nothing to worry about.
Reply/Quote
Yea the Pat's kicker got 1 field goal and then missed an xp from that that side of the field. Something is up with the field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Folk just missed an XP on that side of the field. Somethings up.
Reply/Quote
I wasn't
Reply/Quote
The moment NE also shanked one on that end, I had no concerns and knew it was a product of the stadium.

At least it is happening to both teams and is not like the Heinz field deal where they open the doors to maximize the wind when the opponent is kicking and then close them when the Steelers are kicking in that end.
Reply/Quote
I’m not
Reply/Quote
coriolis effect
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Not worried about Evan. He kicked such a high % rookie year he mathematically had to come down to earth a bit but he’s still had a 90% cop percentage and he was 5/5 from 50 and beyond. Last year he was 6/9 from 40-49 yards. This year he’s 9/13 from 40-49. So it’s not like he was much different, it’s just his misses just seemed more impactful because he played so good.

Still had a very good year accuracy wise.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 09:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Not worried about Evan. He kicked such a high % rookie year he mathematically had to come down to earth a bit but he’s still had a 90% cop percentage and he was 5/5 from 50 and beyond. Last year he was 6/9 from 40-49 yards. This year he’s 9/13 from 40-49. So it’s not like he was much different, it’s just his misses just seemed more impactful because he played so good.

Still had a very good year accuracy wise.

I'm not sure I would say that. Evan wasn't even a high % kicker in his rookie season. Evan is 27th out of 33 in total accuracy this year (combined XP and FG stats). Last year, he was roughly middle of the pack, but his percentage has dipped in FGs and XPs. I think Evan is one of the best 50+ kickers in the league, but he has some inconsistency inward which is a bit strange to see. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 09:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not sure I would say that. Evan wasn't even a high % kicker in his rookie season. Evan is 27th out of 33 in total accuracy this year (combined XP and FG stats). Last year, he was roughly middle of the pack, but his percentage has dipped in FGs and XPs. I think Evan is one of the best 50+ kickers in the league, but he has some inconsistency inward which is a bit strange to see. 

And honestly i was prioritizing the 50+ yarders when i said that. Would i rather have Justin Tucker….probably but Evan is still pretty good
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 09:55 PM)Housh Wrote: And honestly i was prioritizing the 50+ yarders when i said that. Would i rather have Justin Tucker….probably but Evan is still pretty good

What is strange is that you usually see the inverse of that. You’ll usually see a kicker be accurate from 49 in and be inconsistent 50 out. He obviously has all the power in the world and has shown flashes of brilliant accuracy. He just can’t keep it up.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 10:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What is strange is that you usually see the inverse of that. You’ll usually see a kicker be accurate from 49 in and be inconsistent 50 out. He obviously has all the power in the world and has shown flashes of brilliant accuracy. He just can’t keep it up.

Like Burrow's YPA being HIGHER last year, while leading the league in completion%.

We are a team that bucks the trends, for some reason...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote