Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McAlister: 'Injury to insult'
Lance McAlister shared his observations about yesterday's game. Here are a few:

The Bengals faced 3rd down and 16, 25, 35, 11, 17, 13 and 15 on the day.

Discipline: The Bengals committed 12 penalties for 100 yards, including 8 flags in the first half, the most in a half since 2009. That's 25 penalties in the last two weeks.

The Bengals shuffled their OL: Boling LT, Hopkins LG, Price C, Redmond RG, Hart RT. Each player had a penalty by the midway point of the second quarter. One drive included a hold, false start and hold.

Zampese like play-calling: Joe Mixon rushed 82 yards on just 12 carries. That game was never totally out of control yet just 12 carries? Mixon carries last four games: 12-14-12-11 (5.02 yards per carry).

An announced crowd of 44,392 chose to spend their afternoon at PBS on a 66 degree sun splashed and gusty day. It's the smallest crowd at Paul Brown Stadium since 2011. In reality, there could not have been 35,000 fans in the seats. The announced crowd was 8,175 below the next smallest crowd in the NFL Sunday (52,568 TB hosting Carolina).

Down two scores, the Bengals appeared to be taking their own sweet time on offense in the 4th quarter.

Down 21-10 and facing 4th & 7 on their 31 yard line with about 6:00 left, Marvin punted. Yep.

The Bengals have now been outscored 167-93 in the second quarter this season.

Special teams were once again a debacle. What's up with Kevin Huber? Penalties. Erickson fumble. Brutal day.
Reply/Quote
All valid points, it’s all gone to pot.

It’s hard to even know where to start (other than HC).
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:14 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: All valid points, it’s all gone to pot.

It’s hard to even know where to start (other than HC).

We all know where it has to start
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The continued underutilization of Mixon is just inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The continued underutilization of Mixon is just inexcusable.

And Gio - with f all for receivers you have 2 dynamic RB's to utilize...but no, we would rather try and throw to Core and Erickson...

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:27 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: And Gio - with f all for receivers you have 2 dynamic RB's to utilize...but no, we would rather try and throw to Core and Erickson...

No shit....those guys' tongues would be hanging out if I was coaching a game that close with those two at my disposal.  Unbelievable.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Jeff DarlingtonVerified account @JeffDarlington 30 Nov 2015
More

Biggest point resonating from Dolphins' locker room after Lazor firing: Refusal to establish running game among biggest reasons for ouster.

Mellow
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I think not letting the young guys like Harrison play, Johnson get more reps than Hubbard & Willis, and the general don't give a **** attitude was pretty insulting
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:27 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: And Gio - with f all for receivers you have 2 dynamic RB's to utilize...but no, we would rather try and throw to Core and Erickson...

Gio was actually used at slot and caught a 10 yard slant or so. In gameday thread I said probably won't see that again until the last game (jokingly tho in case someone tries to call me out on that smh)

But yeah, Gio is perhaps the most dynamic player on offense for what he can do in open space. Aj is what he is, Mixon is more stout, but Gio is a shifty sob that is super quick and agile with solid hands. Yet he is on the bench most of the game when he could be a Sproles like player back when Sproles was with the Saints. Nope. Thats not the traditional way to use a player labeled as a rb I guess.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lance McAlister shared his observations about yesterday's game. Here are a few:

Discipline: The Bengals committed 12 penalties for 100 yards, including 8 flags in the first half, the most in a half since 2009. That's 25 penalties in the last two weeks.

The Bengals shuffled their OL: Boling LT, Hopkins LG, Price C, Redmond RG, Hart RT. Each player had a penalty by the midway point of the second quarter. One drive included a hold, false start and hold.

Zampese like play-calling: Joe Mixon rushed 82 yards on just 12 carries. That game was never totally out of control yet just 12 carries? Mixon carries last four games: 12-14-12-11 (5.02 yards per carry).

An announced crowd of 44,392 chose to spend their afternoon at PBS on a 66 degree sun splashed and gusty day. It's the smallest crowd at Paul Brown Stadium since 2011. In reality, there could not have been 35,000 fans in the seats. The announced crowd was 8,175 below the next smallest crowd in the NFL Sunday (52,568 TB hosting Carolina).

Down two scores, the Bengals appeared to be taking their own sweet time on offense in the 4th quarter.

Down 21-10 and facing 4th & 7 on their 31 yard line with about 6:00 left, Marvin punted. Yep.

Special teams were once again a debacle. What's up with Kevin Huber? Penalties. Erickson fumble. Brutal day.

I'm really curious to know if the Bengals would consider moving on from Dalton this offseason and try a new QB.
Obviously, they could release Dalton to free up $16.2 mill in 2019 and $17.7 mill in 2020.
But I do wonder what they could get in a trade with perhaps a team like the Jags. Would a team actually want to give up a first rounder for Dalton? If not, would a second rounder be fair and realistic?
(I bring up Dalton because this team seems to be trending toward a rebuild and new HC for 2018)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I posted about this in the game day thread. Noticed the slow execution when the game was within reach. It's as if Merv told the coaches to burn the clock. I've thought about writing the commish about it, but he's a dick and doesn't care anyways.

(12-02-2018, 06:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The Bengals coaching staff isn't even trying to win this game.

Below are the plays from the last drive. The team is down 2 scores with 9:21 left, more than enough time to win this game. Instead, look at how much game clock is used between each play. No sense of urgency at all.

Quote:Pass Incomplete
(9:21) (Shotgun) J.Driskel pass incomplete short right to M.Lengel.
1st & 10 at CIN 12 3 seconds used - because of the incompletion.

16 Yard Pass
(9:18) (Shotgun) J.Driskel pass short middle to G.Bernard to CIN 28 for 16 yards (J.Jones).
2nd & 10 at CIN 12 42 seconds used

3 Yard Run
(8:36) (Shotgun) G.Bernard right tackle to CIN 31 for 3 yards (A.Gotsis; S.Cravens).
1st & 10 at CIN 28 39 seconds used

-8 Yard Sack
(7:57) J.Driskel sacked at CIN 23 for -8 yards (V.Miller).
2nd & 7 at CIN 31 38 seconds used

8 Yard Pass
(7:19) (Shotgun) J.Driskel pass short middle to G.Bernard to CIN 31 for 8 yards (T.Davis).
3rd & 15 at CIN 23 38 seconds used

Punt
(6:41) K.Huber punts 69 yards to end zone, Center-C.Harris, Touchback.
4th & 7 at CIN 31

Reply/Quote
I’m finally going to follow through with this - If Marvin is brought back or if he is replaced by Hue Jackson, I am officially done as a Bungle fan. No ifs ands or buts. There is no logical reason to continue to let this franchise ruin my Sundays. If they don’t care, it’s absolutely ridiculous that I should.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

(12-03-2018, 03:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: No shit....those guys' tongues would be hanging out if I was coaching a game that close with those two at my disposal.  Unbelievable.

This coaching staff is pathetic, horrible,awful and disgusting.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I posted about this in the game day thread. Noticed the slow execution when the game was within reach. It's as if Merv told the coaches to burn the clock. I've thought about writing the commish about it, but he's a dick and doesn't care anyways.

It's much easier for this **** to talk about what a close game it was for a team with a QB making his first start versus going fast and tossing a couple pick 6's for a blow out..
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:14 PM)higgy100 Wrote: It's much easier for this **** to talk about what a close game it was for a team with a QB making his first start versus going fast and tossing a couple pick 6's for a blow out..

Just more playing not to lose rather than trying to win. It's a Merv thing.

Reply/Quote
What sucks is Mixon is one of our best players and yet the lack of utilization will send him packing elsewhere once his rookie contract is up.

I’m so fed up with this coaching staff and everything in the OPs post goes back to coaching.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lance McAlister shared his observations about yesterday's game. Here are a few:

Yeah, bad coaching, whatta yah know Holic lol

Still no Westerman, Hopkins was bad at LG, real bad and still no Westerman.

Hart is bad too and even Boling didn't look good at LT.

It was insulting seeing that O-line yesterday and like you said, punting with 6 minutes left down 2 scores is inexcusable.

Marv has lost the team, even the good players don't feel like putting their all except Mixon and Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm really curious to know if the Bengals would consider moving on from Dalton this offseason and try a new QB.
Obviously, they could release Dalton to free up $16.2 mill in 2019 and $17.7 mill in 2020.
But I do wonder what they could get in a trade with perhaps a team like the Jags. Would a team actually want to give up a first rounder for Dalton? If not, would a second rounder be fair and realistic?
(I bring up Dalton because this team seems to be trending toward a rebuild and new HC for 2018)

That trade could potentially help both teams.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:46 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What sucks is Mixon is one of our best players and yet the lack of utilization will send him packing elsewhere once his rookie contract is up.

I’m so fed up with this coaching staff and everything in the OPs post goes back to coaching.

Yesterday, Zimmer ripped into his OC for abandoning the run game, Cook was averaging over 7 yards per carry. In fact, Zimmer has now mentioned this over the past few weeks. PFT speculates that some of these OC's are auditioning for HC roles so want to be innovative and creative instead of just winning. 

Reply/Quote