Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCalebb finally geting snaps on O
Finally the coaching staff is going to give him a shot on offense. I have high hopes for the kid. I've always though we should have tried to see what he could bring to the offense. Especially after losing Baby Hawk. At the very least as a kick returner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 07:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Finally the coaching staff is going to give him a shot on offense. I have high hopes for the kid. I've always though we should have tried to see what he could bring to the offense. Especially after losing Baby Hawk. At the very least as a kick returner.

Tiger Have to agree. I always thought he should be given a shot in the slot, and at KR. Sight unseen, he HAS to be better than Tate...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
The Bengals offense has so many good weapons that he will never get a chance on offense barring injury situations like last year. So....I hope I don't have to see him out there on offense.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 10:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bengals offense has so many good weapons that he will never get a chance on offense barring injury situations like last year.  So....I hope I don't have to see him out there on offense.

I think what we might end up seeing is a few guys with a bunch of catches and a bunch of guys with a few catches.

I think Hue will be throwing the kitchen sink at defenses.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 10:20 PM)McC Wrote: I think what we might end up seeing is a few guys with a bunch of catches and a bunch of guys with a few catches.

I think Hue will be throwing the kitchen sink at defenses.

I guess it's possible that he sees snaps at receiver, but I'm not optimistic about him having much of an impact at all.  Realistically, he'd be what....7th on the depth chart at WR and there'd still be a couple TEs and RBs that would be options before him as well?

If he ends up on the roster, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Does he have any PS eligibility left? He might need a year there to learn to play WR after spending the last 3(?) seasons learning DB.
Reply/Quote
I love McCalebb's speed, but Mario Alford is just as fast with far more experience as a WR.

I definitely like that McCalebb is getting a shot on offense though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 11:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I love McCalebb's speed, but Mario Alford is just as fast with far more experience as a WR.

I definitely like that McCalebb is getting a shot on offense though.

I've been so out of it this NFL off season I don't even know any of the players you guys are talking about.   Confused

Now that the NBA season is officially over it's time to get back and focus on football. i get the sense more of my attention will be on the Buckeyes than the Bengals though.
Reply/Quote
Gotta imagine this is going to be McCalebb's last shot.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 04:11 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Gotta imagine this is going to be McCalebb's last shot.

This...

If the kid cant find a spot here, in a crowded WR pool, then hes more then likely done here.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 07:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Finally the coaching staff is going to give him a shot on offense. I have high hopes for the kid. I've always though we should have tried to see what he could bring to the offense. Especially after losing Baby Hawk. At the very least as a kick returner.

but hes a CB and we drafted a speedy WR this year... McCaleb still doesnt make the roster.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but hes a CB and we drafted a speedy WR this year...  McCaleb still doesnt make the roster.

He apparently has no chance at CB, so this is a last ditch attempt to use his speed somewhere on the roster.  If he does stay, he will have earned it.

There will be some heated competition in TC.  I absolutely love it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
McCalebb has always been too small to play DB.

If you are 5'10 and trying to play DB you need to weigh at least 185.

The only place for a guy 5'10, 170 is on offense or special teams.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 09:54 PM)JSR18 Wrote:  he HAS to be better than Tate...

Tate is better than the return men for half the teams in the NFL.

Just stop it.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 10:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Tate is better than the return men for half the teams in the NFL.

Just stop it.

Cue the one stat that makes him "better" than everybody else....
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 10:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Cue the one stat that makes him "better" than everybody else....

The most commonly accepted stats for all return men.  Tate is ranked in the top 20 of both active punt and kick returners.

Only 10 active return men can make that claim.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 10:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Tate is better than the return men for half the teams in the NFL.

Just stop it.
Tiger Maybe he is, we all know about your stats. I want somebody back there other Adam Jones that looks and runs like they want to be there.

I still say that sight unseen, McCalebb has to be a better receiver than Tate...

(Here comes another stat)
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

I think this is insignificant as I feel the role he would play is the role we drafted Alford to play. I think McCalebb is proving in the NFL to be a player without a position.
Reply/Quote
A few boneheaded mistakes have overshadowed Tates overall body of work, which by large isn't bad. My gripe against Tate is that he offers nothing in terms of a WR. Hes an average returner and a bum WR. Id like to see someone else get a fair shake at the job.
Reply/Quote

Has great speed, great. I just think Mario Alford will be the better Returner for us.
Reply/Quote