Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron, Bengals look to author NFL's greatest story
By Jim Owczarski, Cincinnati.com

The Enquirer takes a deep dive into NFL history and finds that the Bengals are looking to do something very rare - continue their Super Bowl dream with a backup quarterback.

The speeches began immediately.

With Most Valuable Player Candidate Andy Dalton standing on the sidelines in a black T-shirt, black baseball hat and with a black cast on his right hand, left tackle Andrew Whitworth called up the offense on the sidelines Sunday afternoon at Paul Brown Stadium. He challenged his teammates to play at a higher level to help AJ McCarron fill the void.

That message remained consistent through Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis’ post-game speech, and in position group meetings on Monday. Move forward. Do what we do. Keep the train rolling.

“You gotta almost have a bedside manner, like a doctor,” said former Baltimore Ravens head coach and Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Brian Billick. “You walk in and you’re calm and well, we’re OK, you’re going to be OK, this is what we’ll do.”

Despite the public facing statements, or even the comments between the team and coaches, undoubtedly there were the private thoughts among the team Sunday on the sideline – private moments alone in a closed-door office, which maybe only the years can open.

“It’s almost like your heart kind of drops in your lap,” said former Ohio State quarterback Mike Tomczak, who as a second-year player was forced into a similar situation in Chicago in 1986.

Billick was more blunt.

“It’s ‘oh my God we’re f-----.”

Full Article
Reply/Quote
If you can defeat the thought of the difficulty you face, you have a chance to defeat the difficulty. If you think it's impossible, then it is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
While I don't have any delusions about McCarron becoming Tom Brady or Kurt Warner 2.0 (there's a reason why those stories are special), I do think he can be good enough to to win 2 of the next 3. I'm just hoping we beat the Broncos and Dalton is back for the playoffs. I'd be thrilled if he were back for Baltimore, but that's not likely.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I remain hopeful.

[Image: 479ebcf2137c7edcabc504290e23006d.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Read that article this morning.   Well written
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 06:52 PM)McC Wrote: If you can defeat the thought of the difficulty you face, you have a chance to defeat the difficulty.  If you think it's impossible, then it is.

Truth spoken here. I have only one question about AJ. Does he have the discipline to stay within himself, and execute what he's been coached to do? If he really does, we could be in for a wild ride. This has the potential of becoming 'the' NFL sports story of the year.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote