Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
McCarron blurb from si mmqb
(02-23-2017, 08:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If any year was the year, it was that one. That said, part of me wonders if Dalton would've made much difference. I don't really blame McCarron for his abysmal performance. I blame the coaches. I just don't feel like they set these guys up to succeed. Particularly on offense.

Yep, I've seen that dog and pony show 7 too many times.  AJ played pretty well, when you look at the proverbial stacked deck our players are up against.

(02-23-2017, 10:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man oh man, being a Bengals fan is rough.  Even our "epic comebacks" don't result in wins.

Ain't that the truth......

(02-24-2017, 08:15 AM)McC Wrote: If you've played like shit and been beat up for three quarters and you can still stand up and get it right in the 4th, that says a lot about a player.  If Hill and Pacman don't shit the bed, the monkey is off our backs.  And yes, he would have been a hero.

Meh, I think 55 would have been a hero.  Those last two series he played WERE epic.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 08:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If any year was the year, it was that one. That said, part of me wonders if Dalton would've made much difference. I don't really blame McCarron for his abysmal performance. I blame the coaches. I just don't feel like they set these guys up to succeed. Particularly on offense.

The way Dalton was playing prior to the injury it is hard for me to believe he wouldn't of made much of a difference.

He was an MVP candidate, but hey you are correct and the coaches probably would of brought him right back to his
normal abysmal playoff performance. In big games, they are terrible at making adjustments and like you said, setting
their players up to succeed on Offense.

In that game the Defense is what should of won it for us, they played lights out, especially Burfict.

(02-24-2017, 08:15 AM)McC Wrote: If you've played like shit and been beat up for three quarters and you can still stand up and get it right in the 4th, that says a lot about a player.  If Hill and Pacman don't shit the bed, the monkey is off our backs.  And yes, he would have been a hero.

Atleast he didn't fold over, that is about as much as i can say for AJM.

Burfict and company kept the team in it and AJM found a wide open AJ Green.

Not like he played great late and made amazing throws in the clutch.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The way Dalton was playing prior to the injury it is hard for me to believe he wouldn't of made much of a difference.

He was an MVP candidate, but hey you are correct and the coaches probably would of brought him right back to his
normal abysmal playoff performance. In big games, they are terrible at making adjustments and like you said, setting
their players up to succeed on Offense.

In that game the Defense is what should of won it for us, they played lights out, especially Burfict.

Atleast he didn't fold over, that is about as much as i can say for AJM.

Burfict and company kept the team in it and AJM found a wide open AJ Green.

Not like he played great late and made amazing throws in the clutch.

I thought we had em.....then the fumble.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 03:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought we had em.....then the fumble.

We did, sucks ballz still man. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 08:10 AM)McC Wrote: A college coach is trying to win games.  Simplifying the game for your 19 year old QB is part of that.

19 year olds have been playing qb in college since the first year of college football.  Polian's point was that colleges aren't preparing qb's for the nfl.  
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 11:45 AM)shanebo Wrote: It really irks me that everyone's talking up Jimmy Garoppolo like he's worth a first round pick, and that QB-needy teams like the Browns, 49ers, Bears, Jets, etc. should trade for him, when McCarron has more game experience and near-identical stats -- even better in some categories.

Garoppolo:  GP-17  CMP-63  ATT-94   CMP%-67.0  YDS-690  AVG-7.34  TD-5  LNG-37  INT-0  FUM-1  RAT-106.2
McCarron:   GP-7   CMP-79   ATT-119 CMP%-66.4  YDS-854  AVG-7.18  TD-6  LNG-66  INT-2  FUM-0  RAT-97.1

Garoppolo has played in more games, but mostly in garbage time with big leads.  He's only started two games, winning both.  McCarron also has two wins in three regular season starts.  McCarron has more passing attempts, more completions, and more TDs, showing a higher usage rate.  Comparable passer rating, with only one more turnover.  Note that these stats (pulled from ESPN) don't include the playoff game (in which McCarron sucked ...), but the playoff experience has to count for something.  And Garoppolo played for Belichick (see Matt Cassel) and was injured in his second start, which are both negatives.

Now I'm not saying either QB is worth a first rounder, but if you're considering Garoppolo you have to be looking at McCarron, too.
I agree and add in AJ has a great contract not only this year but also in 2018 making his worth to the Bengals higher. He is a steal at less than 1 million for a very good back up QB
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 12:29 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That was taken from Peter King's article yesterday.  I'm not sure which, if all picks he is referring to but I think ajm's trade value is rising and the bengals aren't forced to trade him this year.  

P.s.  Mods if this belongs in the draft section please move it

AJ's trade value is rising thanks to 2 former coaches familiar with him and the fact that they both need a QB.  But it's going to peak on Tusday Feb 31, the day before the combine.  Up until tuesday all the rookie QBs are unknown in an NFL setting.  Wednesday offers the chance to fall in love with one of them and talk yourself into his potential as a franchise QB.  The longer the Bengals wait to move him the less value he has in 2017. After the draft the only trade value he offers is in the 2018 draft.  The Bengals need the picks from him now (the 2017 draft).

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:25 PM)Burma Wrote: AJ's trade value is rising thanks to 2 former coaches familiar with him and the fact that they both need a QB.  But it's going to peak on Tusday Feb 31, the day before the combine.  Up until tuesday all the rookie QBs are unknown in an NFL setting.  Wednesday offers the chance to fall in love with one of them and talk yourself into his potential as a franchise QB.  The longer the Bengals wait to move him the less value he has in 2017. After the draft the only trade value he offers is in the 2018 draft.  The Bengals need the picks from him now (the 2017 draft).

[Image: Chris-Rock-Confused.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: Chris-Rock-Confused.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:25 PM)Burma Wrote: AJ's trade value is rising thanks to 2 former coaches familiar with him and the fact that they both need a QB.  But it's going to peak on Tusday Feb 31, the day before the combine.  Up until tuesday all the rookie QBs are unknown in an NFL setting.  Wednesday offers the chance to fall in love with one of them and talk yourself into his potential as a franchise QB.  The longer the Bengals wait to move him the less value he has in 2017. After the draft the only trade value he offers is in the 2018 draft.  The Bengals need the picks from him now (the 2017 draft).

Or it could rise even higher when teams realize these guys can't read a defense, call an audible or hit the broad side of a barn and the are better off taking a better player with their first pick.  
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 08:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Or it could rise even higher when teams realize these guys can't read a defense, call an audible or hit the broad side of a barn and the are better off taking a better player with their first pick.  

This is true, AJM can do these things. He has done it.

Get something for him is all i can say. With a good O-line he could be good, seriously.

He just needs a good O-line cause he holds onto the ball.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 08:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Or it could rise even higher when teams realize these guys can't read a defense, call an audible or hit the broad side of a barn and the are better off taking a better player with their first pick.  

That as well.  The best thing would be no one QB distances himself at the combine, but it's a bit of a gamble. Either way he needs to be moved prior to the draft to have a chance of helping this team for 2017 beyond just as insurance for Dalton.  But I'm preaching to choir about that, I think.

Reply/Quote