Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron files grievance vs. Bengals
McCarron filed a grievance against the Bengals earlier this year and is awaiting a ruling from an arbitrator that will determine whether he is an unrestricted or restricted free agent after this season, sources tell ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21286767/aj-mccarron-files-grievance-vs-cincinnati-bengals-wants-unrestricted-free-agent-2018
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Yep. It looks like it will come down to the Bengals Doctors vs the NFL Doctors as McCarron said he was healthy enough to be active.

This will be tough as because he was the 3rd QB...I could see them leaving him inactive longer than warranted as they only generally carry 2 QB's.
Reply/Quote
I have a grievance against the Bengals. Where do I go to file it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:41 PM)McC Wrote: I have a grievance against the Bengals.  Where do I go to file it?

I'll go with you!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:50 PM)Derrick Wrote: I'll go with you!

Me too. It will be a class action lawsuit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:18 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Me too. It will be a class action lawsuit.

Why are Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis like school in the summertime?

No Class!

[Image: Fat-Albert-and-the-Cosby-Ki.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I spent more money than I care to admit to get 4th row seats to a shitshow.

I’m also going to file a grievance. False advertising. That bullshit they played out there was not football.

I just would have loved to have seen General Grievance get out there and get crushed in garbage time.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:37 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I spent more money than I care to admit to get 4th row seats to a shitshow.

I’m also going to file a grievance. False advertising. That bullshit they played out there was not football.

I just would have loved to have seen General Grievance get out there and get crushed in garbage time.

Curious how your stadium experience was?  How did the Jax fans treat you?  In other words, apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
Reply/Quote
I expect McCarron will win. The Bengals have missed their window to cash in on him. True, a team may be willing to step up and trade for him so as not to get into any kind of bidding war once free agency starts, but I think he'll hit free agency and Mike Brown will have to clean the front of his trousers because he'll get a comp pick.

I know the guy gets a lot of love among Bengals fans, but being a starter was never really in the cards here. Dalton is good enough that McCarron was never going to press him for the job. Had Gradkowski, Campbell, or any of those guys been the starter, McCarron would have already taken of the reigns here. Instead, I feel bad that the guy lost 4 seasons as a backup. Whether he ends up being great, good, serviceable, or garbage, I feel he does deserve the opportunity to have his chance somewhere. For his sake, I just hope it's not with the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:41 PM)McC Wrote: I have a grievance against the Bengals. Where do I go to file it?

Lol great take
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Curious how your stadium experience was?  How did the Jax fans treat you?  In other words, apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Been there a bunch. Live in Gainesville. Today it may as well have been Ford’s Theatre.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
This has been talked about on local talk radio a ton. Bengals win this is the consensus. Nobody has thought McCarron was going to win his claim.
Reply/Quote
If any owner lawyer could/would screw a kid out of what they deserve on a paper technically, it's this POS.

[Image: brownm130723_630.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Who files a grievance because they WANT to go to the Browns? If I was the judge after I stopped laughing I would throw the case out of court citing the hapless Brown's performance since the original team left Cleveland. I would also mention the curse of Earnest Byner and how it will take another 80 years before the Browns do anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:32 PM)nickndfl Wrote: Who files a grievance because they WANT to go to the Browns? If I was the judge after I stopped laughing I would throw the case out of court citing the hapless Brown's performance since the original team left Cleveland. I would also mention the curse of Earnest Byner and how it will take another 80 years before the Browns do anything.

He isn't filing a grievance because he wants to go to the Browns.  He filed his case because as of now he is a restricted free agent but he thinks he qualifies as an unrestricted free agent due to the time he was active his first season.  This has nothing to do with the botched Browns trade.  He is trying to become an unrestricted free agent so he can accept an offer from any team willing to sign him without being tendered by the Bengals as a restricted free agent.  As an unrestricted free agent it increases his opportunities. If he wins and obtains unrestricted free agent status he can sign with any team that makes him an offer and the Bengals can do nothing about it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He isn't filling a grievance because he wants to go to the Browns.  He filled his case because as of now he is a restricted free agent but he thinks he qualifies as an unrestricted free agent due to the time he was active his first season.  This has nothing to do with the botched Browns trade.  He is trying to become an unrestricted free agent so he can accept an offer from any team willing to sign him without being tendered by the Bengals as a restricted free agent.  As an unrestricted free agent it increases his opportunities.

If anything He would have had more trade value to other teams if he was consider a RFA...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If anything He would have had more trade value to other teams if he was consider a RFA...

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Sorry I'm tired, been up for a while with no sleep.  By trade value do you mean if he was an RFA more trade value to the team that acquired him? For AJ it is in his best interest to achieve unrestricted status because it means teams can sign him without giving up whatever tender the Bengals put on him as a restricted free agent. That is why he is pushing the issue. As an unrestricted free agent it will cost the team wanting to sign him less as they won't have to also give up whatever round tender draft pick, probably a second, the Bengals put on him if he remained restricted.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:06 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Been there a bunch. Live in Gainesville. Today it may as well have been Ford’s Theatre.

That's too bad.

(11-06-2017, 12:38 AM)Rattler Wrote: If any owner lawyer could/would screw a kid out of what they deserve on a paper technically, it's this POS.

[Image: brownm130723_630.jpg]

No kidding.  Hope McCarron gets what he wants and sticks it to this cheap-ass, mom and pop shitshow of an organization.  I don't blame any player for trying to get the **** out of Dodge just as fast as he can.  
Reply/Quote