Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron gets a taste of Play-Off action BEFORE play-offs
(12-26-2015, 09:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So if someone has an opinion or belief that differs from yours, they're not bright ?

Funny I didn't realize you were an all knowing all telling god like creature whom not only knows everything about football and we're all completely clueless. But moreover any and all beliefs besides your own are stupid.

You are a legend in your own mind huh ?

It's not that he has a different opinion, it's how he got to that opinion and how terribly he interpreted that last comment.

No one is upset that people are excited about AJ. They just think it is illogical and stupid to be excited about him because he played decent in big games in college. That logic does not work.

Being clutch in college means absolutely nothing in the NFL. Dalton was clutch as a massive underdog in a Rose bowl victory over Wisconsin. People act like he is the least clutch man ever.

If you want to be positive and hype AJ, at least make sense instead of using some dumb logic.

P.S. I'm sorry if I'm way off here RedLegs, but I see this argument about McCarron too much and that's how I feel about it.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 06:20 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: AJ will be looking at a massive pass rush every down unless he can somehow stop it by a good run game.Our line MUST play much much better to give us a chance.He is not as fast at getting the ball out as AD and that is a big problem in this game.Gotta keep extra blockers in to help him.Gio is NOT a quality blocker and he allows the qb to get hammered too much.If our line blocks good,and we get the run going,I like our chances.Catching the rock is going to  difficult because of the pickin cold.I hate cold weather games.It takes away the players skills a lot.I so hope and Pray we pull this one out.And on yes,I hate the stinkin steelers.Everytime they lose,me and the little woman go out and have us a party,and we are ready to party.

Fortyyearfan finally in the houuuuuuuuse.  Wink

Welcome aboard. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 04:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: By this logic Greg McElroy should be starting for the Jets. 
Not calling football on ESPNU 

Wasn't David Klingler a college football god?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 09:52 PM)MrRager Wrote: It's not that he has a different opinion, it's how he got to that opinion and how terribly he interpreted that last comment.

No one is upset that people are excited about AJ. They just think it is illogical and stupid to be excited about him because he played decent in big games in college. That logic does not work.

Being clutch in college means absolutely nothing in the NFL. Dalton was clutch as a massive underdog in a Rose bowl victory over Wisconsin. People act like he is the least clutch man ever.

If you want to be positive and hype AJ, at least make sense instead of using some dumb logic.

P.S. I'm sorry if I'm way off here RedLegs, but I see this argument about McCarron too much and that's how I feel about it.

I have no delusions that AJM is going to be great in the NFL because he was clutch in college. And I don't think Wildcats forever was trying to claim that in any way either !

You're using the words excited and hype and it wasn't about hype. He was simply saying that at least there is some glimmer of hope there.

Oh I know what you're saying about those who have tried to hype AJM over his record at Alabama. And agree it's not that much to hang your hat on.

However in this case I fully believe Cats was just trying to find something positive in the mess that seems to be looming ahead. As was I, and to be brutally honest I'm not to excited about how this season appears to be ending. Unless some major heart is found that has been mostly lacking of late.

We have little chance
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I have no delusions that AJM is going to be great in the NFL because he was clutch in college. And I don't think Wildcats forever was trying to claim that in any way either !

You're using the words excited and hype and it wasn't about hype. He was simply saying that at least there is some glimmer of hope there.

Oh I know what you're saying about those who have tried to hype AJM over his record at Alabama. And agree it's not that much to hang your hat on.

However in this case I fully believe Cats was just trying to find something positive in the mess that seems to be looming ahead. As was I, and to be brutally honest I'm not to excited about how this season appears to be ending. Unless some major heart is found that has been mostly lacking of late.

We have little chance

That's exactly what he was agreeing with. It wasn't solely directed at him but everyone who thinks that college success (winzzzz) matters. 

If you know that, then why try to jump down my throat when that's all I said.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 09:52 PM)MrRager Wrote: It's not that he has a different opinion, it's how he got to that opinion and how terribly he interpreted that last comment.

No you are 100% spot on.
I thought I made it perfectly clear about that. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's exactly what he was agreeing with. It wasn't solely directed at him but everyone who thinks that college success (winzzzz) matters. 

Your posts remind me of someone who's having "that time of the month" every single day of his life.

MNF gets worse ratings than SEC championship games and national championship games.  McCarron has won those games under the spotlights, I think that was basically the only point the guy was trying to make.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 09:52 PM)MrRager Wrote: Being clutch in college means absolutely nothing in the NFL. Dalton was clutch as a massive underdog in a Rose bowl victory over Wisconsin. People act like he is the least clutch man ever.

Was that where he passed for 219 yards and couldn't lead TCU to a single point the last 26 minutes of the game?

We can go around and around downplaying and poo-pooing everything everybody does if we want to.  See how that works?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 02:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Monday's game is a huge opportunity for this team to exorcise a bunch of demons, as the OP stated:

- prime time game
- night time game
- playing Denver at Denver
- winning a playoff bye
- locking up the AFCN early

etc.

It is a huge opportunity for the team to shed a bunch of monkeys off of their back all at once in front of the whole football world and roll into the playoffs on a big emotional high.

But Denver won't go lightly. They have a good defense and will come after McCarron with everything and the kitchen sink. This is how it is done in the NFL: pressure the young QB. And McCarron is susceptible to pressure. He tends to get happy feet when the blitz comes. That isn't going to change in one game. Our game plan needs to keep that in mind. Hopefully, we can get an early lead and protect it with good D and ball-control O (i.e. conservative play). I don't have faith that we can win this one if McCarron is put into a position of having to gunsling it downfield to get us back in the game. That opens him up to exactly the kind of pressure from their D that he is not ready for yet.
Did we not already beat Denver in prime time game last year ??
Reply/Quote
We will need to mass protect to give McCarron enough time to get passes off because he does not have an exceptionally quick release.
Reply/Quote
Well for what its worth this is what Colorado news is saying about AJ and his big game resume. 

Monday Night doesn't scare AJ 'Big Saturday' McCarron

"Not one NFL quarterback has played in more big Saturday games than the Cincinnati Bengals' AJ McCarron.

Not Tom Brady when he was at Michigan. Not Peyton Manning at Tennessee. Not Drew Brees at Purdue or Ben Roethlisberger at Miami (Ohio) or Andrew Luck at Stanford or Cam Newton at Florida/Auburn or Jameis Winston at Florida State,

Marcus Mariota was close at Oregon but he only played three years for the Ducks. McCarron was a four-year starting quarterback for the University of Alabama."

It could just be their way of being pessimistic tho
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:57 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: Well for what its worth this is what Colorado news is saying about AJ and his big game resume. 

Monday Night doesn't scare AJ 'Big Saturday' McCarron

"Not one NFL quarterback has played in more big Saturday games than the Cincinnati Bengals' AJ McCarron.

Not Tom Brady when he was at Michigan. Not Peyton Manning at Tennessee. Not Drew Brees at Purdue or Ben Roethlisberger at Miami (Ohio) or Andrew Luck at Stanford or Cam Newton at Florida/Auburn or Jameis Winston at Florida State,

Marcus Mariota was close at Oregon but he only played three years for the Ducks. McCarron was a four-year starting quarterback for the University of Alabama."

It could just be their way of being pessimistic tho

McCarron didn't start 4 years. Sure, he played some games his rookie season, but he wasn't a starter. McElroy started his freshman season and finished the season out.

He lost his last two BIG games. A game against Auburn and he lost their next bowl game.

McCarron was essentially a game manager in Alabama. His first bowl game he rode Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacey that game. 0 TDs and 0 INts. It was all defense from Alabama.

They destroyed ND. Which I'm still happy about, because I didn't believe that team had any reason to be ranked that high.

His final season? Lost to Auburn (hard fought game).
But his Oklaholma game was DREADFUL.

Let's not act like McCarron has always been calm in every big time game. He hasn't. When it comes to big time defenses that can rush him, McCarron struggles. And that's why this Monday night is going to be a huge test for him. He's done well in college, but never done well as an underdog. This is his first test.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 06:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: It'll be good experience for McCarron, who professionally has a chance to catch the eye of other teams looking for a qb. He's shown better than expected accuracy on his deep ball, which should keep defenses honest. He can make all the throws if he can step up in the pocket (Bodine).

The line will dictate the outcome of this game. Smith struggles against small speedy ends like Von Miller, and he won't get the help of a quick release.

This right here.  If he does well, we could possibly get a decent draft pick for him down the line.
Reply/Quote
No, I'm not talking about shedding demons or McCarron going to another team for a draft pick.....Let me put it in a nutshell.....We could say McCarron is being thrown into Monday Night game against a tough team in only his second start, we could cry about that.....but he is going to be thrown into a play-off game in only his 4th start.....So this is an OPPORTUNITY for him to get some play-off game type reps in hopes that win or lose, he is more prepared for that play-off start.  WE WANT TO WIN IN THE PLAY-OFFS.

Now to the person that asked what makes me think Dalton won't be back. I have no idea if Dalton will be back , nor do any of us.  Nor do the Bengals or the doctors or his thumb, at this time.....Which is why this Prime Time game is a good learning experience because his 4th start will be a play-off game.  Yes, he is being thrown to the wolves, but Hostetler did it for the Giants in 1990.  It has been done, not often, but it has been done.

That Super Bowl Trophy I use as my picture....Lets still take that home to Cincinnati. ...GO BENGALS !!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's exactly what he was agreeing with. It wasn't solely directed at him but everyone who thinks that college success (winzzzz) matters. 

You jumped to a conclusion, as that wasn't what I was talking about at all in my initial post. It was solely about his experience with playing under pressure, and performing well. It wasn't any claim for "college success" vs pro success, or whatever other thing you misconstrued. It was that simple.

And calling me "not bright" as a result of your poor comprehension has endeared you to me forever ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote