Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron not doing so well in TC so far...
AJ McCarron, after having imprssive OTAs, is sucking donkey balls in training camp so far. Is this cause for worry? If AD gets injured...

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/6/9097647/aj-mccarron-training-camp-bengals-roster-plans
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 06:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: AJ McCarron, after having imprssive OTAs, is sucking donkey balls in training camp so far. Is this cause for worry? If AD gets injured...

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/6/9097647/aj-mccarron-training-camp-bengals-roster-plans

Maybe House has been teaching our QB's how to sail the ball over peoples heads.

Same issues as Andy! and THAT is the scary part.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 06:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: AJ McCarron, after having imprssive OTAs, is sucking donkey balls in training camp so far. Is this cause for worry? If AD gets injured...

It's still really early.  Let's see how he does in preseason.  The backup job is his to lose right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 06:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It's still really early.  Let's see how he does in preseason.  The backup job is his to lose right now.

Agree lets see what he does in preseason. Maybe we will at least have a reliable backup Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I am taking the same position I did when he was being annointed as our savior after OTAs because he had the "IT" factor.

Let's wait and see what he does in some preseason games.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am taking the same position I did when he was being annointed as our savior after OTAs because he had the "IT" factor.

I agree, let's see what he does in an actual game situation, before we all get discouraged.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, let's see what he does in an actual game situation, before we all get discouraged.

I think there are a lot of people in this boat.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Hobs said he had his best day today, Dalton too. Closed practice so probably ran a little more stuff. Defense normally dominates first week.
Reply/Quote

All those defenders on the field actually trying to bat the ball down must be throwing him off.  It's sill his first live NFL speed action of his career.  I'm no McCarron fan boy.  Far from it, but he needs more time.  What's more important at this point is if he's running the offense properly.  He's probably nervous and needs to get used to full speed.  Give him more time I say.

(08-06-2015, 06:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Maybe House has been teaching our QB's how to sail the ball over peoples heads.

Except AD is having a great camp.  Therefore your conclusion is invalid (yes I know you were joking).
Reply/Quote

Well he still has preseason games to shake off a year of rust.

But if he doesnt improve are the bengals still comfortable with him as the only backup? And roll the dice on Dalton not getting Hurt. While he hasnt missed a game he has had to leave a couple early over the course of his career.

do you keep a 3rd QB. Try to stash him on the PS? or keep a guy like JJ on call?

Keeping a 3rd QB would mean a cut somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 06:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Maybe House has been teaching our QB's how to sail the ball over peoples heads.

And Carson. I blame Zampese tho. All of our qb's loose accuracy the longer they are Bengals. And the problem is sailing balls, interceptions, and pick 6's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm not really "McCarron" too much about this minor setback. Heck, I heard (insert HOF QB here) had a rough practice once, so it's obvious he's going to be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am taking the same position I did when he was being annointed as our savior after OTAs because he had the "IT" factor.

(08-06-2015, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, let's see what he does in an actual game situation, before we all get discouraged.

(08-06-2015, 08:26 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I think there are a lot of people in this boat.

Yup, put me in that boat too.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: And Carson. I blame Zampese tho. All of our qb's loose accuracy the longer they are Bengals.

Dalton just had the highest completion percentage of his career last year.

Kitna's completion percentage rose every single year he was a starter with the Bengals.

Palmers career highest completion percentage came under Zampese.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not really "McCarron" too much about this minor setback.  Heck, I heard (insert HOF QB here) had a rough practice once, so it's obvious he's going to be awesome.

You mean that guy that went to that one school and was drafted in that numbered round? Yeah, I think you may be right.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton just had the highest completion percentage of his career last year.

Kitna's completion percentage rose every single year he was a starter with the Bengals.

Palmers career highest completion percentage came under Zampese.

Not sure about the other 2, but didn't Andy also just throw the most short passes of his career last year too?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not really "McCarron" too much about this minor setback.  Heck, I heard (insert HOF QB here) had a rough practice once, so it's obvious he's going to be awesome.

I see what you did there.  You were talking about Ol' What's His Name when he did that one thing in practice.  Ya, ya I remember i think wore #  on his jersey.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 12:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Not sure about the other 2, but didn't Andy also just throw the most short passes of his career last year too?

possibly we were lacking on the speed end of WRs last year but early had some nice deep balls.
Reply/Quote
I don't think there's any reason to go jumping off a cliff about McCarron just yet. Let's at least let him get a few actual NFL practices and pre season games under his belt !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think there's any reason to go jumping off a cliff about McCarron just yet. Let's at least let him get a few actual NFL practices and pre season games under his belt !

That's the tongue-in-cheek point of this thread...
Reply/Quote