Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron quote sounds familiar
Just saw his interview on NFL Network. It included this line. "We're just going to go out there and have some fun"

Now where have i heard that before?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just saw his interview on NFL Network.  It included this line.  "We're just going to go out there and have some fun"

Sounds like the makings of a pretty passionate pregame speech to me.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:57 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Sounds like the makings of a pretty passionate pregame speech to me.

Nervous
Reply/Quote

[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Watching Steelers players and fans cry in agony is quite fun, so he was telling the truth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they have fun and loosen up the play calling.

If we lose, I'd rather go out guns blazing than conservative, predictable, and 'safe' play calling.

Macaroni has shown deep ball accuracy.

Gameplan: Air it out a few times each quarter, check downs Gio, seam routes to Eifert, quick slants to Sanu, Screens to Jones, and a few runs up the middle by Hill...

Wishful thinking

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:26 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Hopefully they have fun and loosen up the play calling.

If we lose, I'd rather go out guns blazing than conservative, predictable, and 'safe' play calling.

Gameplan: Air it out a few times each quarter, check downs Gio, seam routes to Eifert, quick slants to Sanu, Screens to Jones, and a few runs up the middle by Hill...

Wishful thinking

Dude I always get distracted by your sig. Pacmans reaction is perfect  ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This means McSwag is going to be let off of the leash.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
We need to have a gameplan that throws conservatism out the window and lets AJ swag it up all over the place...but I don't want Hue to get cute. Hmm...what to do?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:26 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Hopefully they have fun and loosen up the play calling.

Wishful thinking

If AJ throws 4 interceptions as a result, you'll post that they should've played safer and let the defense put them in the right opportunity!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:09 AM)GodFather Wrote: If AJ throws 4 interceptions as a result, you'll post that they should've played safer and let the defense put them in the right opportunity!

If AJ throws 4 INTs in the playoffs I would be more likely to say "Woah wait, I thought Dalton was INJURED!!!!"

*RIMSHOT*
Reply/Quote
As we get ever closer to this game, I sure hope AJMac has figured zone coverage reads out this week.
I can't imagine Pittsburgh giving much else since that's been a noticeable weakness.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:09 AM)GodFather Wrote: If AJ throws 4 interceptions as a result, you'll post that they should've played safer and let the defense put them in the right opportunity!

Nope... I stick to what I said. Conservative against the Steelers will result in a 2+ td deficit by the half.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just saw his interview on NFL Network.  It included this line.  "We're just going to go out there and have some fun"

This hurts my heart.
Reply/Quote
Because it was McCarron, something tells me it will be viewed by fans as exactly what needed to be said. Great leadership, and the proof he has what it takes to win the big one.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 03:36 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Nope... I stick to what I said. Conservative against the Steelers will result in a 2+ td deficit by the half.

The last 3 wins against the Steelers:

16-10 Bengals
20-10 Bengals
13-10 Bengals

I absolutely agree we can't run-run-short pass-punt and expect to win. Airing it out when they crowd the box is important, but we beat them when we play smart, and put the pressure on them to play smarter...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:52 AM)gobobro Wrote: The last 3 wins against the Steelers:

16-10 Bengals
20-10 Bengals
13-10 Bengals

I absolutely agree we can't run-run-short pass-punt and expect to win. Airing it out when they crowd the box is important, but we beat them when we play smart, and put the pressure on them to play smarter...

Looks to me we win if our defense plays great, gave up 10 points in every win. Our defense has not played great in a playoff game yet and they are healthy so no excuses tomorrow for our defense to not be impressive
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Take what the defense gives you. Don't be set on forcing the play that was called. Always be adaptable. If something is working, keep nailing it in and then use it for some sort of play action.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

If this translates to what it has translated to in the past (aka lack of passion) and the Bengals lose by more than a TD, it shows that the Bengals coaches (specifically Marvin) flat out do not understand the fire that is needed to win in the playoffs. And as a result, I would hope Marvin would be fired...but that would never happen because we keep making the playoffs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If this translates to what it has translated to in the past (aka lack of passion) and the Bengals lose by more than a TD, it shows that the Bengals coaches (specifically Marvin) flat out do not understand the fire that is needed to win in the playoffs. And as a result, I would hope Marvin would be fired...but that would never happen because we keep making the playoffs.

The Steelers just beat us by double digits. I stayed the entire game and our team fought to the end, they just lost do to losing our QB and TE early and way too many mistakes.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote