Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron quote sounds familiar
Yes but the excuse for that is AJ MC wasn't prepared...not saying I agree with that or not. Losers always have excuses...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's fine. Adam Jones, Andrew Whitworth, and Reggie Nelson have both given pregame speeches pretty similar to that.

I said it with Dalton, and I'll say it for McCarron. If you need a pregame speech to motivate you in a playoff game, then you aren't ready for the playoff game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just saw his interview on NFL Network.  It included this line.  "We're just going to go out there and have some fun"

Now where have i heard that before?

Hopefully, that doesn't change to, "Now we're here and we're NOT having fun....."
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
M. Lewis: *1000 mile stare*
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks to me we win if our defense plays great, gave up 10 points in every win. Our defense has not played great in a playoff game yet and they are healthy so no excuses tomorrow for our defense to not be impressive

Woah Woah Woah. They played pretty great in the second Texans game. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:17 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If you need a pregame speech to motivate you in a playoff game, then you aren't ready for the playoff game.

I have said the same thing many times.

All that Rah-Rah stuf might be important for high school or even college, but grown men playing in the NFL should not depend on someone squealing at them in order to play well.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have said the same thing many times.

All that Rah-Rah stuf might be important for high school or even college, but grown men playing in the NFL should not depend on someone squealing at them in order to play well.

Even the most inspirational speech in the world last for a few minutes, at best.  Once the first play happens, all that rah rah is over anyway.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have said the same thing many times.

And I don't really see McCarron as a come out flat kind of guy.   He may come out and make some mistakes, or follow a conservative game plan.  But he seems to be a pretty passionate guy when he's on the field.  And according to him, pressure is having fun.

Someone already said they hope he's solved the zone coverage mystery.   Other than that I think he'll be a player tomorrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 03:07 PM)3wt Wrote: And I don't really see McCarron as a come out flat kind of guy.   He may come out and make some mistakes, or follow a conservative game plan.  But he seems to be a pretty passionate guy when he's on the field.  And according to him, pressure is having fun.

Someone already said they hope he's solved the zone coverage mystery.   Other than that I think he'll be a player tomorrow.

We have quite a few guys like that. Carlos Dunlap. Peko. Green. Dalton. Hill. Gio.

We have a VERY good locker room. No one is a diva. No one really fights with anyone else. There's a ton of passion on this team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:27 PM)MrRager Wrote: Woah Woah Woah. They played pretty great in the second Texans game. 

Our defense outscored our offense 7 to 6 in that game.  Er, wait, that was the game where our offense got 10 points, but also tossed a pick-six, so ending with a net of 3 points. Was it the first Texans game where Hall got the pick six? Either way, our offense has been total tripe in the playoffs every time, and THAT is why we lose.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:27 PM)MrRager Wrote: Woah Woah Woah. They played pretty great in the second Texans game. 

Matt Schaub was 29 of 38 for 262 yards, no sacks.

Arian Foster had 140 yards on 32 carries, 4.4 YPC.

Owen Daniels had 9 catches for 91 yards.

The Texans offense converted 8 of 17 third downs (47%).

The Texans had 4 red zone trips.

Clearly the offense didn't do them any favors, but the only things they could hang their hat on that day was forcing 3 FGs in the red zone and Hall's pick 6.  They didn't come close to playing a good game that day.
Reply/Quote