Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NatiCast (New Bengals Podcast)
If this is the wrong spot, I apologize and feel free to move it where you need to. I just wanted to let anyone who may be interested that me and a friend started a new Bengals podcast named NatiCast. Would appreciate any support you guys want to give by liking the page. It just 2 guys who love the Bengals discussing football once a week. Thanks for any support in advance. Will have a youtube channel up tomorrow as well. WHO-DEY!

Reply/Quote
Where do I find the page whodey
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 11:13 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Where do I find the page whodey

You should be able to click on that video that is embdedded and it should take you to the page. If not, the name of the page is NatiCast on Facebook and I will have a YouTube page up tomorrow which I will post a link to as well but will be called the same, NatiCast. Appreciate the interest!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 11:16 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: You should be able to click on that video that is embdedded and it should take you to the page. If the name of the page is NatiCast on Facebook and I will have a YouTube page up tomorrow which I will post a link to as well but will be called the same, NatiCast. Appreciate the interest!

Cheers mate got it, didn't realise I had to click on the facebook icon at the bottom.
I will be following from now on
Reply/Quote
Congrats on the new podcast gentlemen. I look forward to watching you grow and evolve. I hope you'll accept a bit a criticism in the spirit it's intended and that's only to make suggestions as a member of your audience.

First point: I don't know it you intended to have music playing during the intro but if so, it didn't play as I watched it. I watched the embedded video from you original post using Windows 10 and Firefox. Could be just me but maybe something others were wondering about as well. The other thing is your co-host's sound level was way to high causing his voice to distort. Also, I thought there was too much bass as it sounded muddy to me.

That's all I got and hope I didn't upset you. I'm just trying to help and again, congrats or your start and looking forward to more from you guys.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck in your most worthy venture.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:52 AM)Starvin Marvin Wrote: Congrats on the new podcast gentlemen. I look forward to watching you grow and evolve. I hope you'll accept a bit a criticism in the spirit it's intended and that's only to make suggestions as a member of your audience.

First point: I don't know it you intended to have music playing during the intro but if so, it didn't play as I watched it. I watched the embedded video from you original post using Windows 10 and Firefox. Could be just me but maybe something others were wondering about as well. The other thing is your co-host's sound level was way to high causing his voice to distort. Also, I thought there was too much bass as it sounded muddy to me.

That's all I got and hope I didn't upset you. I'm just trying to help and again, congrats or your start and looking forward to more from you guys.

I don't mind it at all. I appreciate all the feedback honestly because I want to make this a podcast that people want to listen to. To your first point, there was no music intended in the beginning video clip of Chad. There is just a delay from the time you start streaming until you actually go live and I wanted to make sure it didn't cut off the beginning of our podcast so I added a little video not knowing that's typically why you hear people countdown when they start their podcasts. LoL.

I appreciate your feedback on my partner's audio as well and I thought we had fixed it or had it cleared up beforehand but apparently it crept back in during the stream. I actually noticed it when I replayed it. He should have an actual mic for his the next podcast and having a foam pop filter should help alot. I will also look into the bass issue as I didn't notice that part during the replay but I will look into it and see if I can't get that fixed up.

I also will give a little self critique. The podcast went entirely too long. I want the episodes to be an hour max but completely forgot to keep track of time. It also got a little choppy at times because we got a little off track and went long. We will try and improve that aspect for everyone. This was literally thrown together in like 30-45 minutes before we went live because I have another podcast where the guests cancel more times than not so I decided to go to where my passion really is and where I should have no trouble putting content out there. Next weeks episode will be better put together and structured and should have some video clips and what not.

Once again thanks for your feedback and thanks too anyone who took the time out of their busy day to take a listen. :) WHO-DEY!!
Reply/Quote
I finally have the YouTube channel up and our first NatiCast uploaded for anyone who prefers YouTube. Subscribe to our channel and get notified anytime a new NatiCast is available. Thanks once again for all of the support ladies and gentlemen!!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:35 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I finally have the YouTube channel up and our first NatiCast uploaded for anyone who prefers YouTube. Subscribe to our channel and get notified anytime a new NatiCast is available. Thanks once again for all of the support ladies and gentlemen!!

Do you really think the 2005 team would have been a SB contender? They gave up 250 points which was ranked 22nd. I think the defense was a huge issue.

The offense was 4th in scoring.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 05:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you really think the 2005 team would have been a SB contender? They gave up 250 points which was ranked 22nd. I think the defense was a huge issue.

The offense was 4th in scoring.

For sure. I was born in 84 so I missed one Super Bowl team and I don't remember the 88 Super Bowl at all live but I have rewatched them both multiple times. I was fully on board with the Bengals in the early 90s though and the only 2 seasons I thought we were legit Super Bowl contenders was 05 and 15. That 05 defense was explosive and caused alot of turnovers. That offense was unstoppable and they just had this "swagger" about them where I honestly thought they could beat anyone on any given Sunday. The more they played the more confidence they gained. That 05 squad reminded me alot of the Cardinals team that lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Keep in mind the Steelers actually went on to win the Super Bowl that year. I think we were better than the Steelers that year sans Carson Palmer injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 06:18 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: For sure. I was born in 84 so I missed one Super Bowl team and I don't remember the 88 Super Bowl at all live but I have rewatched them both multiple times. I was fully on board with the Bengals in the early 90s though and the only 2 seasons I thought we were legit Super Bowl contenders was 05 and 15. That 05 defense was explosive and caused alot of turnovers. That offense was unstoppable and they just had this "swagger" about them where I honestly thought they could beat anyone on any given Sunday. The more they played the more confidence they gained. That 05 squad reminded me alot of the Cardinals team that lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Keep in mind the Steelers actually went on to win the Super Bowl that year. I think we were better than the Steelers that year sans Carson Palmer injury.

I am convinced the Bengals would have beaten the Steelers that night without the cheap shot.  But the Steelers beat the Colts the next week and Manning's Colts just seemed to have our number.  I don't know that we would have gotten past them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 06:18 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: For sure. I was born in 84 so I missed one Super Bowl team and I don't remember the 88 Super Bowl at all live but I have rewatched them both multiple times. I was fully on board with the Bengals in the early 90s though and the only 2 seasons I thought we were legit Super Bowl contenders was 05 and 15. That 05 defense was explosive and caused alot of turnovers. That offense was unstoppable and they just had this "swagger" about them where I honestly thought they could beat anyone on any given Sunday. The more they played the more confidence they gained. That 05 squad reminded me alot of the Cardinals team that lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Keep in mind the Steelers actually went on to win the Super Bowl that year. I think we were better than the Steelers that year sans Carson Palmer injury.

I feel like we would have beat the Steelers. No clue on the SB.

So...IF we win that playoff game and Marvin gets the No Playoff Win money off his back in what his 3rd season as a coach here...who knows what happens in the future. I think the 0-7 in the playoffs and the record against the Steelers was as much mental as it was physical.

IF we win that game, we could have eventually got to a SB at some point in the future.
Reply/Quote
The 15 Team started 8-0 and finished 4-4. If I recall correctly, we had numerous shots at home field through the playoffs and kept losing late in the year.

I think that's a clear cut case of peaking too early.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we would have beat the Steelers. No clue on the SB.

So...IF we win that playoff game and Marvin gets the No Playoff Win money off his back in what his 3rd season as a coach here...who knows what happens in the future. I think the 0-7 in the playoffs and the record against the Steelers was as much mental as it was physical.

IF we win that game, we could have eventually got to a SB at some point in the future.

I put it at 80% mental, 20% physical.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 08:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 15 Team started 8-0 and finished 4-4. If I recall correctly, we had numerous shots at home field through the playoffs and kept losing late in the year.

I think that's a clear cut case of peaking too early.

Im not sure that's the case. 2 of the losses were back to back weeks against the Texans and Cardinals by a combined 7 points. Either of those games could have went either way. The other 2 losses were without Dalton against the Steelers and Broncos. I'm not saying we win either of those games but we did win our first game without him against the Steelers and should've beat them in the playoffs that year with out Dalton. I don't have a crystal ball or a time machine so who knows what happens if we have Dalton but there is no denying that team was one of the most talented in the league and had the potential to win it all.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we would have beat the Steelers. No clue on the SB.

I can agree with this. I also think most of our problems was more mental than anything when it came to the Steelers and the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 09:11 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Im not sure that's the case. 2 of the losses were back to back weeks against the Texans and Cardinals by a combined 7 points. Either of those games could have went either way. The other 2 losses were without Dalton against the Steelers and Broncos. I'm not saying we win either of those games but we did win our first game without him against the Steelers and should've beat them in the playoffs that year with out Dalton. I don't have a crystal ball or a time machine so who knows what happens if we have Dalton but there is no denying that team was one of the most talented in the league and had the potential to win it all.

In the 2015 game, the Steelers were without Bell too and still ran on us.

We played terrible for 3 quarters too. Steelers dominated the stats too.

Seems we were destined to lose and ultimately found a way to.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 09:12 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I can agree with this. I also think most of our problems was more mental than anything when it came to the Steelers and the playoffs.

Same with primetime games.

27 years of not winning a playoff game is tough to overcome.
Reply/Quote