Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron released
Reply/Quote
The grass isn't always greener on the other side

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Oh god no...... We'll all have to see or hear the false narrative of AJ>AD if what the tweet suggest....
Reply/Quote
well considering he went to two other teams one with no QB at all and didn't start for either hopefully people have woke.
Reply/Quote
If only we could have got that 2nd and 3rd round pic from the Browns. Hue tried to hook us up again....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: If only we could have got that 2nd and 3rd round pic from the Browns. Hue tried to hook us up again....

No kidding...
Reply/Quote
I'd take him back in a second.

Surely his worshippers would have been brought back to Earth by now.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd take him back in a second.

Surely his worshippers would have been brought back to Earth by now.

Yep.  Driskel has shown to be a pretty poor backup.
Reply/Quote
All for it at a fair price. I’d feel good about him as our backup again.
Reply/Quote
Why not give someone else a look?

We already know both Dri-skull and Macaroni aren't very good.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 08:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why not give someone else a look?

We already know both Dri-skull and Macaroni aren't very good.

Yeah, I'm with this. Find someone with some potential upside.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

He's better than Driskel and he's already had a payday, so might be able to get him cheap.

Reply/Quote
I thought he was hurt all last year so never got a chance to start. How the hell did he end up in Oakland?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Why not? He would be a good backup and upgrade over Driskel. If Grier or Stidham are guys you like in the 4th or 5th you could still draft them too.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
The Saints, Eagles, Pats, or another team with a good pass pro line would be logical suitors. I wouldn't hate for him to come back, but would actually prefer a rookie potential backup at this point. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:46 PM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  Driskel has shown to be a pretty poor backup.

Eh, no AJ Green, no TEs, no OL, and at the end no Boyd either.

I thought he did a decent job considering he was a minimum wage backup with very little to work with.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron is a serious upgrade over Jeff Driskel and he almost won a playoff game. Bring him back!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: AJ McCarron is a serious upgrade over Jeff Driskel and he almost won a playoff game. Bring him back!

I put that almost entirely on the defense and feel like McCarron's role in that is *vastly* overstated.

McCarron couldn't beat out Nathan Peterman in either Buffalo or Oakland. That says it all IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 09:00 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Yeah, I'm with this. Find someone with some potential upside.

we still have logan woodside?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we still have logan woodside?

Do we? I don't even know lol. I mean he probably has more upside than McCarron does at the least...
Reply/Quote