Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron released
(03-15-2019, 10:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we still have logan woodside?

The Bengals waived him last September. Then he had about a 3 week stop with the Titans before being released there. Now he is playing in the AAF.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The Bengals waived him last September.  Then he had about a 3 week stop with the Titans before being released there.  Now he is playing in the AAF.

so hes available.
Reply/Quote
Upgrade over Driskel. Get it done.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:30 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Upgrade over Driskel. Get it done.

Driskell is better than McCarron in every way.(and I like AJ)
Reply/Quote
Wow.

I was sure that he was going to be the next Joe Montana.

Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
hard to believe the Bengals could have had a 2nd RD pick a few years ago and yet this genius front office acted like McCarron was the next great QB.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 06:46 PM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  Driskel has shown to be a pretty poor backup.

No he's not.  He's a pretty solid back up.  He completed 59.7% of his passes with 6 TD's and just 2 Int.  He did that without the starters at WR or TE and behind a really bad offensive line.  What more do you expect from a back up QB?  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Driskell is better than McCarron in every way.(and I like AJ)

Maybe not.

Tarin Moses is hot, but Katherine McCarron is hotter...
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

If we are serious about winning in 2019, we should bring him back. Driskel did not show he is capable of winning in AD's absence, AJ has proven he is.

A team friendly contract should be offered.

Of course, wait until the draft. I can see the Bengals grabbing a QB at #11 if one of these 2 is available

1. Haskins
2. Murray

There is something I love about Murray, I think he is a better version of R. Wilson, better arm and better runner. Of course if we got Murray, I would trade Dalton for a 1st round pick immediately in the 2019 draft to a team like the Redskins so AJ may be more valuable to Tudor a rookie 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 01:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If we are serious about winning in 2019, we should bring him back. Driskel did not show he is capable of winning in AD's absence, AJ has proven he is.

Of course, wait until the draft. I can see the Bengals grabbing a QB at #11 if one of these 2 is available

1. Haskins
2. Murray

There is something I love about Murray, I think he is a better version of R. Wilson, better arm and better runner. Of course if we got Murray, I would trade Dalton for a 1st round pick immediately in the 2019 draft to a team like the Redskins so AJ may be more valuable to Tudor a rookie 

Unfortunately the Redskins traded for Keenum.

Miami might be looking for a veteran QB.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 01:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If we are serious about winning in 2019, we should bring him back. Driskel did not show he is capable of winning in AD's absence, AJ has proven he is.

1. Haskins
2. Murray

Has he?

It's not an apples to apples comparison.

AJ's first start was with one of the best Bengals teams ever being 10-3 at the time, and he had all of the primary weapons available.

Jeff's first start was with a 5-7 Bengals team that had a historically bad defense that had set a record for most yards given up over a three game span.  The final game his starting wideouts were Ross, Core, and Erickson.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 11:42 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Has he?

AJ's first start was with one of the best Bengals teams ever being 10-3 at the time, and he had all of the primary weapons available.

Jeff's first start was with a 5-7 Bengals team that had a historically bad defense that had set a record for most yards given up over a three game span.  The final game his starting wideouts were Ross, Core, and Erickson.

McCarron never beat a team that was better than 5-11.

But he still looked better to me than Driskel.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarron never beat a team that was better than 5-11.

I don't that either is worth a damn.

But, to my previous point, I don't know that we have enough information to make a comparison.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 12:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't that either is worth a damn.

We are talking about back up QBs.  I don't know what you are expecting.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 11:42 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Has he?

I should have elaborated. It is just my eye test and I am no expert, but Driskell was not accurate, he was not accurate short, mid range and was abysmal missing anything over 3o to 40 yards. He not only missed the throws, he had trouble spotting open receivers and delivering on time.

He made me appreciate AD and yes I know he had weapon issues at the end. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarron never beat a team that was better than 5-11.

Of course he did, AJ had more options to throw to.... if Driskell had the whole offense, I think his numbers would have been a lot better.
Reply/Quote
Signing with the Texans

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote