Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JungleRock Mock 1.0
I think McCarron is likely to be traded but no clue what the value will be in the trade. Could be anywhere from a 2nd or 3rd rounder to a player from another team. So for the time being I am leaving that out of this mock. I will add in the 2 extra 4th rounders and 6th rounders we are projected to get in compensation selections.

Round 1 - Reuben Foster (LB) Alabama - Foster is a missile on the football field and would look great in the middle of our Defense for the next 10 years. Even though we have Burfict, his injury history along with suspension potential makes LB a really big need. If Foster is off the board then obviously DE like Barnett or WR like Williams would jump toward the top of my list as most likely selections.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-03-12-at-2.25.17-PM.png]

Round 2 - Demarcus Walker (DE) Florida State - Walker has good size at 6'4 and the ability to play outside or inside which is valuable to the Bengals. This guy is a sack machine and would be a welcome addition to the team after ranking in the bottom half of the league in sacks the last couple of years.

[Image: 15614734.jpg]

Round 3 - Ethan Pocic © LSU - I like Elflein from Ohio State but not sure he makes it to our selection. Pocic is a great consolation prize. I feel he would immediately compete for the starting Center spot and likely be able to win out for it over Bodine.

[Image: 23431938024_399dbcf78c_c.jpg]

Round 4 - Jake Butt (TE) Michigan - Butt had a great career at Michigan and is a capable blocker and pass catcher that provides more insurance in the event Eifert and Kroft continue to be injury prone or that Eifert is not able to be re-signed after this upcoming season.

[Image: 635840713455896391-USATSI-8926134-115794393-lowres.jpg]

Round 4 - D'Onta Foreman (RB) Texas - Foreman broke out this year and had a big season. Foreman is a big workhorse back that would be a good compliment to Giovani Bernard in the event that we lose Burkhead (which is likely). The Jeremy Hill project is over in my opinion and he should be nothing more than a 3rd stringer/goal line player.

[Image: foreman-donta-110516-getty-ftr_ppb6v300v...1000&h=750]

Round 4 - Noah Brown (WR) Ohio State - Brown was a shock when he declared for the draft. Beyond the Oklahoma game he didn't have much production this season. He has great size and hands though and could end up being a steal in a couple of years. He is worth a mid round pick and would look good opposite Green with Boyd in the slot in a season or two.

[Image: noah-brown-reggie-ragland-ncaa-football-...labama.jpg]

Round 5 - Davis Webb (QB) California - I was never a big fan of Driskel but the Bengals must have thought enough of him to keep him around all year. Assuming they want some competition for that backup spot when McCarron is likely traded I think drafting a guy like Webb makes a ton of sense. Webb had over 4000 passing yards and a really good TD to INT ratio.

[Image: 920x920.jpg]

Round 6 - Zane Gonzalez (K) Arizona State - Obvious need for competition at this position. I would love for us to sign a Greg Zuerlein in Free Agency but I doubt it happens. Getting a lower tier free agent and a draft selection is the most likely route.

[Image: 9691931-ncaa-football-arizona-state-washington.jpg]

Round 6 - Charles Walker (DT) Oklahoma - Good sized Defensive Tackle to develop for the future. Hopefully Billings is able to stay healthy this season and takes a big step forward but adding depth at the position is needed.

[Image: Charles-Walker-of-Oklahoma-sacks-quarter...-Aiken.jpg]

Round 6 - Will Holden (OT) - An Offensive Tackle to groom. In reality I could see us taking one much higher but I have hopes we re-sign Whit and Fisher is able to lock down and provide stability at Right Tackle with Ogbuehi serving as the backup at LT. We could also look to bring back Winston another season for depth so taking a flyer on a late round Tackle might be the route to go if the above things work out that way.

[Image: Holden_Will_PassSet_GI_.58335b458d879.jpg]

Round 7 - Sojourn Shelton (CB) Wisconsin - A bit undersized but a guy to compete for a roster spot in the 7th round. Pacman is a question mark right now but I think we try to re-sign Kirkpatrick and we still have Dennard, William Jackson III and Josh Shaw that all need to see more playing time to truly see what we have in them. I don't want us using any more first round selections on Corners that are going to sit the bench. Give the guys you have drafted a shot and fill out the roster with a late round pick like this.

*Can't post an 11th pick because it is a rule on here...just shows how many picks we have currently have...look for a trade or two to move up with some of those 6th round choices.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty good, overall. I'm not a big fan of Foster at 9, but getting Walker in the 2nd and Pocic in 3 should be a big help in the trenches. I get the injury concerns with Eifert, but drafting a TE with two major knee injuries in college that will likely start the year on the PUP isn't the answer, imo. Foreman could be a good replacement for Hill. Pass on Brown. Dude is a total project and we need a WR that can contribute as a rookie. Gonzalez would be a big upgrade. The rest should be solid depth players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Worried about a 6"7 center
Reply/Quote
Big fan of this draft. Well done
Reply/Quote