Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron to be Starter vs Steelers
According to BleacherReport:

Quote:Head coach Marvin Lewis told reporters A.J. McCarron will start the Wild Card Weekend matchup with Pittsburgh, saying Dalton would not be ready to play.

McCarron will be starter probably until Dalton is 100%, Lets get this W Bengals!
WHODEY!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
So basically nothing has changed....
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:42 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So basically nothing has changed....

Pretty much but all the hope for Dalton to play vs Steelers is gone Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:46 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Pretty much but all the hope for Dalton to play vs Steelers is gone Big Grin

Anyone who had any common sense knew Dalton playing was a looonnnnnggggshot.
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of glad because the Steelers have no secondary, so McCarron will be able to handle them and give Dalton time to get back to 100%.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully our O line keeps the guy upright and he doesn't let Shitsburgh get into his head.

I'm trying to stay positive but we always have two opponents when we play the Stoolers...Them and the refs. It's bullshit, but it's true.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:51 PM)BengalB Wrote: Hopefully our O line keeps the guy upright and he doesn't let Shitsburgh get into his head.

I'm trying to stay positive but we always have two opponents when we play the Stoolers...Them and the refs. It's bullshit, but it's true.

3 Opponents Refs, Stoolers and Themselves making bone heads play.. RE: Dalton
Reply/Quote
I figured as much. Hopefully the O-line can open up holes in the run game and protect AJM cause
if they can do this AJM can pick apart that Secondary. He can sling the ball around with confidence.

Eifert being back should really help as well.

If AJM can help pull out our first Playoff win that sure would be nice for a healthy Dalton to then
lead us to the promised land. Nothing against McCarron but we need all of Dalton's other talents i
believe for us to win the whole thing. Belichick would be able to pick apart AJM's weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
While I would bet a dollar AJM starts, none of the Bengals beat writers' tweets back up this bleacherreport.
Reply/Quote
Obviously not ideal. Everybody has to step up their game. That is not something that has happened the last four years. Maybe rallying around the backup will be inspiration enough.

Feel bad for Andy. This would have been his chance to throw the monkey off his back. Course, if he hadn't made that bone headed tackle, we'd have been the top seed, no doubt in my mind.

AJ carries a lot less baggage into the game. Maybe that means something. I don't know. Grasping at straws for reasons to feel confident, I guess.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is still the first or second best team the Bengals have sent to the playoffs since Dalton came into the league.

The only better chance the Bengals probably had in the playoffs was at home vs the Chargers in 2013. But this time, the Bengals have a healthier team overall...just missing Dalton.

The team is still miles ahead of the one going into Indy last January...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Heath will get 200 yards Saturday since we get abused by TE's and additionally, BigJEN uses him a lot.

Let's hope the Bengals allow AJ-Mac to do the same with Eiftert who is at the very least, just as good.

Our X-Factor needs to be short passes to GIO in open space. We all know Brown will be there's.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 09:27 PM)Whacked Wrote: Heath will get 200 yards Saturday since we get abused by TE's and additionally, BigJEN uses him a lot.

Let's hope the Bengals allow AJ-Mac to do the same with Eiftert who is at the very least, just as good.

Our X-Factor needs to be short passes to GIO in open space. We all know Brown will be there's.

I jus hope eifert makes it through the game . I agree with you on gio being an x factor but I really hope hill can put this team on his back. We've been waiting for it and it looks like he's getting that explosivenss back .
Reply/Quote
^Hill sure is due but I doubt he goes off on the STOOLERS
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I figured as much. Hopefully the O-line can open up holes in the run game and protect AJM cause
if they can do this AJM can pick apart that Secondary. He can sling the ball around with confidence.

Eifert being back should really help as well.

If AJM can help pull out our first Playoff win that sure would be nice for a healthy Dalton to then
lead us to the promised land. Nothing against McCarron but we need all of Dalton's other talents i
believe for us to win the whole thing. Belichick would be able to pick apart AJM's weaknesses.

Hopefully the O-line won't have 8 penalties for holding and false starts - you can get away with preseason discipline
against the rat turds, but in the playoffs it's a death knell.
Reply/Quote
[Image: X%20marks%20the%20spot.%20throw%20it%20h...bteli.jpeg]

Just do this a couple times to open up our running game Hue.

Reply/Quote
Anyone notice how well obeghuei blocked? Saw him spring hill on that td didn't pay to much attention Pryor though and hopefully jake fisher can spring some holes open playing the fullback position.. any update on hewitt?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:16 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Anyone notice how well obeghuei blocked? Saw him spring hill on that td didn't pay to much attention Pryor though and hopefully jake fisher can spring some holes open playing the fullback position.. any update on hewitt?

I noticed it, It was very well ...

Fisher also did a nice job as the H-back.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:16 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Anyone notice how well obeghuei blocked? Saw him spring hill on that td didn't pay to much attention Pryor though and hopefully jake fisher can spring some holes open playing the fullback position.. any update on hewitt?

Hewitt is a smart player, good blocker with a knack to make big play contributions - hope to see #89 dressed and ready Saturday night.
Reply/Quote
They better open up the playbook and start throwing down the field on their terrible secondary
Reply/Quote